Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know nemesisgeek...  
Full Name Andrew Zonenberg
Nickname nemesisgeek 
State/Province, Country NJ   United States
GD Gathering City Wayne, NJ, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.zonenbergsoftware.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title President 
Job Description Software developer / Web programmer 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1026  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/7/2005 11:32:43 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Vulcan3D engine This is an engine and FPS game which I have been working on as a hobby project since I was 15 (about a year and a half). The engine is now about 12,000 lines of code, plus another 11,000 in the game. EDIT: I've just re-counted the source cod... 
Posted October 15, 2006 1:15:42 AM
Vulcan3D Map Editor This is the map editor for a game engine I've been working on for the last few years. It's loosely modeled off of UnrealEd (the only commercial tool that I've had experience with) but has a scene graph and dependency tree on the left i... 
Posted February 19, 2007 5:32:41 PM
My new signature Take a look at my signature. How does it look? 
Posted January 8, 2008 12:07:09 AM
Modeling water droplets I'm trying to model a stream of water as particles (e.g. from a garden sprinkler or Super Soaker). The water is fairly turbulent with a lot of air bubbles - refraction is not likely to be an issue. What I'm trying to do is display the droplets as sem... 
Posted June 21, 2007 5:10:03 PM
Modeling water droplets I'm trying to model a stream of water as particles (e.g. from a garden hose). The water is fairly turbulent with a lot of air bubbles - refraction is not likely to be an issue. What I'm trying to do is display the droplets as semitransparent with a b... 
Posted June 21, 2007 3:35:52 PM
MS VC++ 6.0 (a different question) I've been using VC++ 6.0 Std Edition since it came out in 1998. I recently downloaded VC2005 Express to check it out. Should I use the old standard edition (with its extra features) or the new express edition (with a newer compiler)? 
Posted April 10, 2007 10:35:40 AM
Strange lighting issue [FIXED] I'm having a strange bug with some of my models. Lighting is enabled and a light source is defined, but diffuse lighting is not working. The models turn out pitch black - as in RGB 0,0,0. (BTW, I have no ambient lighting in this scene. When I set the... 
Posted February 19, 2007 9:38:33 AM
How to optimize normal-mapping shader When I apply this shader to a single object in a simple test map (a two-floor dungeon with four torches around a staircase and no other objects), my framerate drops from 40 to 10. Any ideas on how to optimize this? Normal-mapped brick stair... 
Posted December 20, 2006 1:50:31 PM
How to make xbox games? I'm a hobbyist and have done a lot of PC game development, I'm currently writing a first-person shooter game and engine. I'm interested in possibly making an xbox game, anyone know what's involved? 
Posted October 26, 2006 11:11:40 AM
Projective texturing Does anyone have any idea as to how I could go about doing projective texturing? I am writing an FPS game and want my tracers to light up their surroundings, but having 10 lights (if two ppl each fire 5 shots) is a little impractical. 
Posted October 8, 2005 4:02:22 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Variance Shadow Mapping for the X-Engine I think the term is "work in progress". 
Posted April 12, 2008 6:06:52 PM
Vulcan3D Map Editor I'm amazed someone picked this as an IOTD now - it's been over a year since I posted it! What you see here is version 3 of my editor, which I stopped working on in the summer of 2007. Version 4, a slight "upgrade", was made over the fall. It... 
Posted April 12, 2008 6:00:24 PM
Spot light (ie: street lamp) Emissive materials are in no way associated with lighting. They do not actually "emit" light - they simply make the object LOOK like it is glowing. To simulate a glowing object, you need to have two things: * A light (using diffuse and specular t... 
Posted March 21, 2008 8:40:34 PM
My new signature Thanks MrEvil - done! 
Posted January 8, 2008 9:35:47 PM
My new signature OK, it seems that people don't like it. I'll think of something shorter... 
Posted January 8, 2008 1:17:49 PM
Favorite Programming Language? I love native (unmanaged) C++. It's efficient, portable, and powerful. Very few languages I've seen support multiple inheritance as well as C++. I use x86 assembler, PHP, and javascript often, but I prefer C++ above all other languages that I... 
Posted December 11, 2007 5:39:05 PM
Continuing a function after calling destructor then constructor In C++, one copy of each member function is shared between all objects. For example, if you have a class named Box with a function "int GetVolume()", calling MyBox.GetVolume() internally does something like Box::GetVolume(&MyBox). In Visual C++... 
Posted December 11, 2007 5:33:15 PM
XML in Games? In my game engine, I use XML for map files, settings, and some animation data. I do NOT use XML for scripts - I use a stripped-down form of C++. (XML is a great way of describing hierarchal DATA, but it's not a very good way to describe a procedure.)... 
Posted December 2, 2007 6:09:25 PM
Stickman Warfare Very nice. I'm 17 too, but I prefer native C++ over Delphi or C#. I'm working on the 4th generation of my game engine now, using OpenGL and OpenAL (none of that DirectX stuff). One suggestion - try getting more detailed weapon models and more... 
Posted September 19, 2007 11:17:22 PM
Question: Bits field Bit fields are usually used (along with unions) if you want to pack several data items into a single variable (e.g. to optimize network bandwidth usage). If, for example, you want to store a signed integer in 5 bits of a byte and an unsigned integ... 
Posted July 4, 2007 8:36:55 PM
View All Replies Made By This User