Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know aleisterbukowski...  
Full Name  
Nickname aleisterbukowski 
State/Province, Country NC   United States
GD Gathering City Asheville, NC, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://coden4fun.blogspot.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1031  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/1/2008 11:14:00 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
SourceSDK sources? I know of the Valve Community Network, and I've been researching on it for 2 days now, but I was wondering if Gamedev.net had resources about the SourceSDK.. Let me know if anyone knows of any other good places to get good tutorials for the S... 
Posted October 27, 2009 5:33:10 PM
Need 2d artist Team name: No official company if the game sales we'll think about it. The game will be under a team name confirmed and agreed upon by me (the technical director) and the graphic designer that agrees to be part of this project. Project name: Wo... 
Posted September 21, 2009 7:08:27 PM
Visual Studio Error using Vistual Studio 2008 Pro no cmd.exe ? Hi, I'm currently working on a game in Visual C++, and as I was compiling it I was received the following error. Project : error PRJ0002 : Error result 255 returned from 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe'. I thought at first I read the wi... 
Posted June 11, 2009 10:51:22 PM
Can you make 3d game in XNA w/o shader I've finally started looking into XNA, and I went through some 2d tutorials and created an original game, and it was pretty straight forward, but then when I tried to look at a 3d starter kit I had no shader support. I'm using an hp dv5000 which has... 
Posted June 6, 2009 10:49:22 AM
Singleton implementing keyevent for children Hi, I'm trying to add a key event to my singleton object management class that I have, and with what I have and the test I have run I have not been successful. Here I have a canvas called myCanvas that adds a keyboard event listener, and checks... 
Posted March 10, 2009 6:02:16 AM
Adding KeyEvent to Singleton ActionScript 3 Hi, I'm trying to add a key event to my singleton object management class that I have, and with what I have and the test I have run I have not been successful. Here I have a canvas called myCanvas that adds a keyboard event listener, and checks... 
Posted March 10, 2009 3:42:31 AM
System.IO.Ports check to see which ports are available? I would like to find out a clever way of finding which ports are available. I have finally figured out that my microcontroller is connected to COM 5, or at least is being registered at COM 5 when I use my hyperterminal program I wrote in C#. Ho... 
Posted February 25, 2009 1:42:57 AM
Can I justify this to be morally right? Hi, my city has public wifi spots, for people within the radius of the hotspots, however, I'm right outside from picking them up. However, I'm also paying the wonderful property taxes of living in this city. I'm against hacking, pirating software... 
Posted February 22, 2009 9:43:32 PM
PIC programming anyone? I have just recently really gotten into PIC programming lately, and I'm wondering if there are anyone who devotes their hobby time to making PIC programs for or as games. Rather it be a small game on an LCD, an LED game through input from a com... 
Posted February 7, 2009 3:35:44 AM
Computer restarts each time I put in a DVD Everytime I put a DVD into the computer it restarts. I noticed I had both CD-RW and DVD player, so I disabled the CD-RW in XP, and the problem still occured. I then thought maybe an IRQ problem? So I resorted back to factory settings in the BI... 
Posted January 10, 2009 4:48:31 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
SourceSDK sources? Thanks that's extremely helpful 
Posted October 27, 2009 5:57:54 PM
MH Gaming Website Hiring Forum Posters/Blog Commenters I'm interested csfinch@live.com 
Posted September 27, 2009 3:12:04 PM
Car steering Quote:Original post by bzroom There's always this fine tutorial written by a fine gentleman: http://www.gamedev.net/reference/programming/features/2dcarphys/ Nice tutorial man!  
Posted July 6, 2009 12:14:31 PM
Calculating minimun bounding box of a 2d rotated rectangle I would say it's easier to just use the bounding box algorithm. For AABB read this tutorial http://lazyfoo.net/SDL_tutorials/lesson17/index.php 
Posted July 6, 2009 12:11:49 PM
Visual Studio Error using Vistual Studio 2008 Pro no cmd.exe ? I'm thinking it's the "Make File" tool I'm trying to use. Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Makefile project actions" http://www.palib.info/wiki/doku.php?id=day1 and I have followed the steps verba... 
Posted June 11, 2009 11:20:30 PM
SDL - Multiple surface blit issue you could post some code. Then we could look at the code and tell you what's not working. 
Posted February 27, 2009 8:30:54 PM
SDL - Multiple surface blit issue I think what you're trying to do can easily be done with sprite sheets. I'm not fully understanding what you are trying to do, but in any case a single image should be blitted to the surface, which is then drawn to the screen, and there shouldn't... 
Posted February 27, 2009 3:04:04 AM
Game Engine Question... simply just start making games, and as you do you will realize there are so much code that you will be reusing from game to game, and then you will find ways to enhance this reusable code, and make advancements to it, and what will you have? The sta... 
Posted February 27, 2009 2:56:41 AM
A good way to store game settings / saves I would go with xml as well. you'll be using the System.Xml namespace, so start at the MSDN documentation. Aslo to get you started I googled using System.Xml, and thought the following article would be good Reading and Writing Xml in C# i... 
Posted February 27, 2009 2:11:45 AM
Website: Static HTML or PHP? If you want dynamic go for PHP. HTML is just too plain, and static and not much can be done with it. Especially if you in the future decide to host a db for your site for storing various things from articles, games, users and passwords for your for... 
Posted February 27, 2009 2:02:37 AM
View All Replies Made By This User