Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know yoelshoshan...  
Full Name  
Nickname yoelshoshan 
State/Province, Country Tel Aviv   Israel
GD Gathering City Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
Contact Info
Homepage URL yoelshoshan.googlepages.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/25/2008 11:41:13 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Pix Plugin Hi All! I would like to create a pix export plugin (export to csv doesn't contain all the data i need) It seems that there are nVidia & ATI plugins, but somehow i didn't manage to find such SDK in DirectX SDK, google, and everywhere i searched. ... 
Posted December 23, 2009 11:47:31 AM
HLSL no FX Hi, I'm coding a project in which i use DX10 (using shader model 4) and i don't use FX. The only sample of doing that in the SDK is quite poor in content. The part i'm missing the most in the documentation is, what is the "connection" bet... 
Posted November 23, 2009 3:14:44 AM
HLSL Assembly Hi, Is there anywhere a definition of the hlsl assembly BINARY structure? I need to read a hlsl binary and understand the opcodes that i'm reading. (I'm aware it's quite reverse of common usage) Appereciate any help :) Cheers! 
Posted May 17, 2009 12:16:24 PM
Level Editor Hi, We are in need of a small level/object editor for a game. Required features are: * Modelling the actual world * Dividing the world into regions * Connect regions with portals * Placement of portals * Placement of particle systems in the w... 
Posted April 22, 2009 8:41:17 AM
Moving data from a vertex buffer to System Mem Hi - i have a DX10 question: I would like to copy data from a vertex buffer (which was created with D3D10_USAGE_DEFAULT and CPUAccessFlags=0) to system memory. I naturally try to copy first to another buffer more accessible to the CPU and then t... 
Posted April 2, 2009 3:50:07 AM
Pix for window Export-To-CSV issue Hi, I've been using the nice Export-To-CSV feature in pix to export data and to analyze it myself with an application of my own. There seems to be a VERY annoying problem with this feature, it only exports (and get this...) Nodes in the Tree... 
Posted March 25, 2009 4:33:39 AM
OldInfants+CrimsonEngine Hi, My name is Yoel Shoshan, i'm from Israel, and wanted to share few things. I present here 2 generations of my hobby project 3d + game engines. I called the last generation "Crimson Engine" (apperntly that name is taken now, oh well... :) ) ... 
Posted July 27, 2008 4:08:34 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Pix Plugin :( That could be really usefull :(  
Posted December 24, 2009 2:59:42 AM
HLSL no FX Thanks! Assigning texture and sampler objects to specific register location in the HLSL code was what i was looking for =) 
Posted November 24, 2009 5:07:34 AM
HLSL Assembly I didn't mention the exact info i'm trying to extract from the binary. What i'm looking for is the Resource Binding information, "... with an assembly language-like instruction set, input and output registers for inter-stage communication, genera... 
Posted May 20, 2009 9:13:03 AM
HLSL Assembly DieterVW: Mostly educational purposes: 1. Looking in games Shaders, and learning a thing or two =] 2. Changing a game behaviour from outside Reversing it is of course an option, But i prefer to see if there's available info on this anywh... 
Posted May 20, 2009 8:10:49 AM
HLSL Assembly Great Failure... It seems that the documentation is only relevant to SM1,2,3 and NOT to SM4 :/ [Edited by - yoelshoshan on May 19, 2009 8:17:38 AM] 
Posted May 19, 2009 7:17:13 AM
HLSL Assembly MJP: Thanks but i was aiming to do it in real time anyway (my app needs to really understand the binary on the fly - not manually using pix) :) J-Fox: Wow! Thanks a lot for that great link, i searched quite a lot and didn't find it - you... 
Posted May 18, 2009 4:10:15 AM
Level Editor K1nG Gr4H4m: Thanks a lot for your reply! =] If other gamedev member are also willing to share experience in this topic it would be great ;) Cheers! 
Posted April 26, 2009 10:17:31 AM
Moving data from a vertex buffer to System Mem Ok made it work - my mistake was that in VB_2 i used BindFlags = D3D10_BIND_VERTEX_BUFFER and now, after i added "D3D10_CREATE_DEVICE_DEBUG" to the device creation, i realised i can't use D3D10_USAGE_STAGING while binding the buffer to a pipe sta... 
Posted April 2, 2009 5:33:18 AM
Pix for window Export-To-CSV issue just some update - i tried the same thing on latest dx sdk (march 09) and it stil happens :/ Am i really the only one here that encountered this annoying bug ? 
Posted March 28, 2009 4:53:26 PM
Render to vetrex buffer In DX10 you can use the geometry shader to output vertex buffers for future usage. IIRC with SOSetTargets() you can define output to a vertexbuffer(s) and the later use them with IASetVertexBuffers Not familiar with a method to do that in dx9... 
Posted March 25, 2009 4:49:09 AM
View All Replies Made By This User