Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know philipbennefall...  
Full Name  
Nickname philipbennefall 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.blastbay.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/26/2008 12:54:16 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Enumerating Sapi 5.1 voices without ATL Hi all, I'm having some issues trying to enumerate sapi voices using the 5.1 SDK. I'm using Visual Studio 2008 express, and cannot use the functions in sphelper.h as they apparently use ATL. So I was wondering if someone could give me an example o... 
Posted April 10, 2010 6:02:23 AM
Issue with tab key in multiline edit (Win32) Hi folks, I am having a bit of an issue with a multiline edit control that I am making with the CreateWindow function. I'm basically creating a dialog box with a large multiline edit field and a few buttons, and I want the user to be able to tab... 
Posted March 5, 2010 12:40:58 AM
DirectSound3D positioning Hello everyone, I have a quick question about Microsoft DirectSound3D. I wish to use some very limited 3d audio in my game, it would only be used to simulate the muffling effect that indicates that something is behind you. In the tests that I... 
Posted October 26, 2008 12:59:54 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
The importance of Pre-Caching function handles. I had similar drastic improvements when I started cashing all my GetTypeIdByDecl calls. I didn't do any benchmarking but I could tell just by running scripts that would previously make heavy use of these calls, just how much of an improvement in perf... 
Posted January 7, 2011 1:52:02 AM
Switching control between angelscript and c++ I had a similar problem a while back where I wanted to accomplish the same thing for the purposes of implementing nested callbacks. I asked Andreas about it and was told that nested calls on the same context are not currently possible, but that... 
Posted June 24, 2010 10:42:48 AM
How to use Angelscript in a larger scale? Hello there, I am using AngelScript as the core for my audio game engine. This is an engine especially designed to permit the creation of games for the blind and visually impaired community, by end user's who don't necessarily have any prior progr... 
Posted June 23, 2010 11:55:51 PM
Issue with tab key in multiline edit (Win32) Hi all, I have now managed to get this working, thanks once again for the help! Kind regards, Philip Bennefall 
Posted March 8, 2010 3:58:30 AM
Issue with tab key in multiline edit (Win32) Hello again, Looking at the GetNextDlgTabItem function it seems perfectly logical, however I don't quite understand what you mean by delegating the tab behavior to the dialog message function. I call this function in my main message loop already,... 
Posted March 5, 2010 3:48:34 AM
Issue with tab key in multiline edit (Win32) Hello again, Thank you very much, that code snippet makes perfect sense. However I am not entirely certain how I would go about setting the keyboard focus to the next or previous tabstop if the user pressed tab or shift+tab respectively. Basically... 
Posted March 5, 2010 3:19:52 AM
Issue with tab key in multiline edit (Win32) Hello there, Thank you very much for the quick reply. I wonder if you would be able to show a quick example of how to subclass the control like you mention and how the code in the callback might be written? GUI programming is not a field in which... 
Posted March 5, 2010 1:02:56 AM
View All Replies Made By This User