Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know WiseElben...  
Full Name Elben Shira
Nickname WiseElben 
State/Province, Country TX   United States
GD Gathering City Dallas, TX, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://elbenshira.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID WiseElben 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1100  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/22/2003 6:50:18 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Video Card Instability Hi, For the past two days, my games have been running with a lot of hiccups, sometimes even a 5 second freeze. I have the latest drivers and have physically cleaned up my computer. The weird thing is that these hiccups do not start until about 3 min... 
Posted February 19, 2006 11:32:23 PM
Trigonometric transformations Hi, I can't seem to find a way to transform: tanA + cotA to (cscA)(secA) I keep on doing like.. random stuff. The furthest I get is (I'm not sure I'm going in the right direction...): (sec^2A + csc^2A)/(cscA * secA) Note that sec^2A me... 
Posted October 2, 2005 8:39:54 PM
Regarding electrical shock damage of sort? Ok I'm pissed. I bought a pair of 5.1 headphones for $50. It broke after one day of use, so I returned it. Well, the second one is now also not regonized by Windows. Windows detects it, but it says the device is damaged. It broke right afte... 
Posted September 27, 2005 8:39:07 PM
Rebuilding the Gulf Coast Ok, so we know we will be spending a lot of money rebuilding Katrina, up to 200 billion, but the question I am asking is: Who should this money be entrusted to? Its a lot of money, and, in my opinion, giving it to the federal, state, or local levels... 
Posted September 21, 2005 11:47:12 PM
My camcorder, Windows XP, and I Gah this is really annoying me. Windows doesn't detect my camcorder when I plug it in the USB port. The hardware itself isn't even detected. I have the latest drivers for my camcorder installed, but what's the point if Windows doesn't detect it? Any... 
Posted August 13, 2005 10:37:31 AM
USB headphones I don't really get USB headphones. Do they use a soundcard, motherboard sound, or none at all? I just bought a set, along with a sound card, and I want to know if I just wasted money on the card. Thanks 
Posted August 10, 2005 4:41:32 PM
I don't understand the rating system Ok, I had a rating of 1027 before I posted this thread, which is a Help Wanted thread that followed the format. My rating went down to 1014 without an explanation of what I have done wrong. Now, my rating is a 1009. I'm assuming it was lowered tod... 
Posted July 1, 2005 12:49:12 AM
Dyne Project, looking for artists and composers EDIT: Alright, my web host is back up now! Also updated the Talent Needed cat. Team name: iMagine Studios Project name: Dyne Project Brief description: Dyne is a 2d tile-based RPG. I have been working on it for a few years, on a... 
Posted June 6, 2005 12:01:13 AM
AMD 64 Has the price of the regular AMD 64's been lowered, since the new X2's are out? I'm thinking about building a new computer, and I don't want to buy a 64 at $200, and have it lowered to $150 the next day. Also, is there any visible differences from... 
Posted May 21, 2005 5:41:54 PM
Firefox and popups Is it just me, or I see more popups getting passed the Firefox popup blocker? Is it because the advertisment companies are finding secret ways, or is the webmaster collaborating with the companies? 
Posted May 17, 2005 7:03:00 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Noob Test Well I figured out all these commands before I won: run, walk, get, take read, type , remove, open (finally!). I hate text games. 
Posted January 3, 2007 10:25:19 PM
Your Projects on Linux/BSD A Pong clone I worked on during the summer. Too bad school started... More info here if you're interested. By the way, the source code is available, but I wouldn't look at it. It's probably really bad coding as I am a newb. 
Posted December 25, 2006 4:09:46 PM
Adding a projectile, how calc movement Perhaps you forgot to take positivity and negativity into account? You have to figure out which way the tank is facing first, then set the correct direction (for example: positive in x, negative in y) 
Posted December 18, 2006 2:08:12 PM
Draw A Pig! Waffles  
Posted December 4, 2006 5:57:40 PM
How do you know when you have food poisoning? Quote:Original post by GrumpyAndTired Quote:Original post by Benjamin Heath Quote:Original post by GrumpyAndTired Too bad you didn't dieWTF? Thanks... Really, I apologize for real. I am just sick of life and going to end it now. Does "it" r... 
Posted December 4, 2006 5:43:46 PM
Calculator Recommendations Quote:Original post by Way Walker Quote:Original post by kadaf It seems to me that the farther I've been venturing into my (engineering) education, the more and more useless my calculator have become. Things simply get too theoretical to contain an... 
Posted November 2, 2006 6:23:12 PM
Calculator Recommendations Oh man, I hope whatever university I enter let me use my Ti-89, because I am soooo dependent on it now... I don't ever memorize my trig identities and derivative/integral rules because the 89 does it all. Anyway, the Casio FX-115MS is probably a... 
Posted October 31, 2006 10:22:10 PM
People who ban tag and dodgeball suck. When I was in elementary school, we were kinda "encouraged" to play rough. The coaches would always join our dodge ball games, and they throw pretty hard. I got injured several times, but you know what? It made me a better both a athlete and person.... 
Posted October 20, 2006 6:28:19 PM
Free Linux Distros Visit distrowatch.org. Most linux distros are free. 
Posted October 19, 2006 11:16:07 PM
Nerf Guns got cool again. I remember having 10 v. 10 nerf gun wars when I was in 5th grade... It was in a word, epical. The only problem was that we had to keep on buying new darts, which drained our allowence money pretty fast. 
Posted October 19, 2006 11:12:52 PM
View All Replies Made By This User