Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Randy of Neuron...  
Full Name Randy Trulson
Nickname Randy of Neuron 
State/Province, Country MO   United States
GD Gathering City Mountain View, MO, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.NeuronGames.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title President / CEO 
Job Description I run Neuron Entertainment, the greatest job in the world! 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 987  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/7/2003 1:19:57 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Neuron Games Resurrected Hey everyone, I know that it has been a super long time since I have been on here. We went through a company move, restructuring and other stuff. Anyhow, Neuron Games, Inc. Has been resurrected from the ashes of its former self. We are... 
Posted January 26, 2010 5:36:44 PM
Please be our friend :) Hey everyone, I am not trying to pull anyone from GameDev by any means. This is where I got my start and still get loads of info from it. However, we just started a fans page for our company on Facebook. We would love to see 1000 people by... 
Posted September 10, 2009 12:41:00 AM
Magic 8 available for FREE! Hey Everyone, We have built a small FREE novelty game "Magic 8" on our new XNA engine. The game is free to download, no registration, no ads, spyware...nothing but game. Hope you enjoy. You can download it here. www.NeuronGames.com Thanks... 
Posted June 27, 2009 4:19:06 PM
Magic 8 Screenshot of Magic 8. This game is a free game we have put out using XNA. This was my first XNA project, up till now it has all been DirectX. You can download this game for free, no registration, no spam or spyware....just the game. Hope you enj... 
Posted June 29, 2009 3:36:02 PM
New forum Hi everyone, Neuron Games has just put up a new forum. We used to have a forum with hundreds of registered members, but it got corrupted and lost. Anyhow we just turned it on and it is like a ghost town. We also moved it off the host serve... 
Posted November 15, 2007 1:59:06 AM
Getting a DX7 to compile with DX9 SDK Greetings everyone. I have a DX7 utility / app we use quite frequently. It is very large in size, but quite handy. Anyhow, over time we have updated our development systems and what not to use DX9. Now I want to make a few small changes to th... 
Posted September 7, 2003 1:32:00 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Craziest/most far out book you ever read? There is a Children's book I found in the Discovery store no less in Colorado Springs. It was a picture book for ages 3-5 probably. The title "Where do farts come from?" :) Follow me and Neuron Games, Inc. here:  
Posted January 26, 2010 5:58:03 PM
entitys and sprite drawing I ditched trying to do the D3D stuff and went with making my own sprite class that blits to a 2DTexture. Fast simple and does a nice job. Not to mention I can manage my own frames that are on a texture with frames from other sprites. Saves &#... 
Posted September 10, 2009 12:53:26 AM
TimeLine control like in Flash I don't think there is an off the shelf control for this. You could make your own check one with a dialog box and scroll bar. The scroll bar would just have the number of positions for its length. Super cheesy I know, but for a quick work aro... 
Posted September 10, 2009 12:48:28 AM
Magic 8 available for FREE! Description: It is a virtual Magic 8 ball with music and sound FX. Proof of concept for the new Loke game engine. I agree with you. I just had to do it that way becuase CNET said they are backed up and won't have our link for download ready till... 
Posted June 29, 2009 6:29:12 PM
Need some Advice Well that all depends on what you want to do....Either cost will do really. Jobs generally get harder to find the further from water you go :-) 
Posted December 4, 2007 12:02:22 AM
Setting up a build machine I have been developing commercial software and games for over a decade now. I can't think of any reason to do what your doing unless you are from the Unix camp and love the torment of having stuff done by a command line with 80 parameter switches.... 
Posted December 3, 2007 11:54:41 PM
Help making a fighting game Cool, then just use DirectX 9.0 (free SDK from Microsoft), then look up the part on how to invoke DirectX 7 and DirectDraw. Even though it it 9.0 you can still call all the functions for DirectX 7. That is all 2D programming. No 3D needed :)... 
Posted December 3, 2007 11:34:35 PM
Help making a fighting game Since you don't really care too much about the 3D aspect of things here is where I would start. Assuming you are writting this in C, C++, and DirectX. - Either get a book on game programing with DirectX 7.0 using Direct Draw. - Or, Get a bo... 
Posted December 3, 2007 7:00:30 PM
Seeking a decent book Actually I think the your best bet is to get a book on 3D programming for games. Andre LaMothe has written several. Then look into DirectPlay with DirectX, or get a book on networking. The odds of you getting a book that has both is... 
Posted December 3, 2007 6:53:48 PM
Question about moving jobs... Moving from job to job is an art, one in which I perfected when I was working for the man. So let me give you some personal tips and considerations. First, you are new, so your salary might not be that great. Usually the first time out of... 
Posted November 18, 2007 2:53:04 AM
View All Replies Made By This User