Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Robomaniac...  
Full Name Stephen  Eckenrode
Nickname Robomaniac 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.centaurforce.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID sreComp9981 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Lead Programmer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1079  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/6/2004 11:55:33 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Plane Shooter This was a small top down vertical shooter that was designed and developed in six hours for a game development class I am in. There were 4 people on my team, one programmer (me) and 3 artists. I might post a demo later, but for now, jus... 
Posted July 31, 2006 2:20:33 PM
Linking Logic to Graphics I am having some trouble seeing some connections between my game logic system and the graphics system. I can see how basic things are done (setting animations, models, etc). More complex things I can't find a way that fits well in any system. 1)... 
Posted November 6, 2005 8:17:56 PM
KoL Clan For all of you who play Kingdom of Loathing and are not lucky enough to be in a clan, I have started one. Name: gdnet KoL Clan Mantra: A Coder is ME!! Join, and have fun, we have a full gym ;) If you don't play Kingdom of Loathing, you... 
Posted August 26, 2005 5:08:14 PM
Pygame Image Loading Alright, this has been bugging me for a couple of hours now. If i try to load an image in my main python file, it loads fine, and i can display it. However, if I try to load it from my Tile class, the image fails to load. I've tried repositioning... 
Posted July 7, 2005 9:12:46 AM
[4e4] WIP: Shootout I dunno whether this is the right place to post this, if not, sorry, ill correct it. I've begun work on my 4e4 entry, a simple shooter (still has to be improved a lot [optimizations, new enemy types, different models, physics, better levels,... 
Posted June 25, 2005 12:40:27 AM
Lua OOP Problem Alright, I've been trying this for almost two days now with no end in sight. So far I've gone from using luabind and their oop lua facilities to tolua++ and faking my own oop via metatables. I've read a few tutorials on the subject and I hav... 
Posted May 10, 2005 1:16:42 PM
Volunteers Needed For FPS Good evening everybody. Hhem. I am Stephen Eckenrode, Lead Programmer and Head of the Centaur Force project. We are currently looking for volunteers to fill the positions below. All positions are non-paying, unless we do end up getting a commer... 
Posted August 29, 2004 10:39:40 PM
Team Needed for Centaur Force TCS (a first person shooter) Now, I know I don't have much of a chance to get that great of a team together, but i'm gonna try. I am currently programming a first person shooter, with a combination of serious sam/will rock and far cry gameplay. I have been working hard a... 
Posted July 7, 2004 12:22:11 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
RTS engine video Looks really good for three weeks. What middleware (if any) are you using? 
Posted September 21, 2006 8:53:04 PM
Interview with Steve Streeting, Project Lead of OGRE 3D Even if it is costly, you'll still be able to use the lgpl license for commercial games. The license is only for specialized support and the platform managers for other platforms such as the major consoles. 
Posted September 2, 2006 1:04:57 PM
Plane Shooter In a fit of randomness, we decided to make the bullets snakes, who knows what the situation is like with all those snakes on that plane. The three artists were mainly looking to find some art to throw in quick since we only had 5 hours t... 
Posted August 1, 2006 7:09:10 AM
Computer Science AB exam scores.... I got a 4 on the AB... lots of questions about data structures (great since my teacher didn't actually teach them...) 
Posted July 19, 2006 3:14:21 PM
[4E5] Roll call! Count me in, Euro Golf Tour coming soon 
Posted June 11, 2006 7:58:35 PM
Sony and Microsoft Word War *sigh* Stickin with nintendo here, might as well let sony and ms battle it out. With consoles and games are getting more and more expensive, sooner or later I think its all going to collapse in on itself and we'll go back to a time when game... 
Posted May 16, 2006 8:57:03 PM
Programmers needed for FPS Looks good, wish I had time to help you :) 
Posted April 10, 2006 2:00:20 PM
Thanks GameDev!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! w00t gamedev.net! 
Posted March 16, 2006 11:54:04 PM
Switchball Beautiful and plays great. Runs at a constant 30 fps on my laptop (1.4 ghz, geforce4 go! 64 mb, 1 gb ram) and plays like a dream. One thing I noticed. I alt-tabbed away and when I tried to alt tab back, it failed, are you guys handling lo... 
Posted February 3, 2006 8:00:55 PM
Cost of games development set to rise While you have valid points for OGRE, it is taken outside of context. Ogre is very good at what it does, and that is a cross platform rendering engine. If you are looking for a game engine, then by all means, someting like doom3, quake, or source a... 
Posted November 21, 2005 10:07:35 PM
View All Replies Made By This User