Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know glaeken...  
Full Name  
Nickname glaeken 
State/Province, Country WI   United States
GD Gathering City Madison, WI, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://graphicsrunner.blogspot.com/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Student 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1124  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/15/2006 11:10:31 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Software Rendering This is the software renderer that I developed in class this spring. Written in C#, and only the hardware call used is GlDrawPixels. I implemented the following features: -Gouraud shading -Phong shading -Blinn and Phong specular reflection ... 
Posted May 1, 2007 5:37:50 PM
Multiple texture coordintes I'm trying to do hardware vertex morphing, and I'm stuck on how to pass texcoords to the vertex shader. I'm not using VBOs, I'm simply drawing a list of vertices with their connectivity with glDrawElements(). I've tried both: glVertexAtt... 
Posted March 25, 2008 12:38:59 AM
Intersect ray with depth map I'm trying to intersect a ray with a depth map. What I do is find the start and end point of the 3D ray. I then project these endpoints using the MVP matrix associated that rendered the depth map, here I use orthographic projection. Then I rasterize... 
Posted February 15, 2008 5:35:10 PM
[Cg] Texture Arrays Where can I find some good documentation on texture arrays? I've googled for it but nothing of interest shows up. The only example I have seen is in the Cg SDK and Nvidia Opengl SDK10, but as I'm fairly new to OpenGl/Cg I'm not sure why the... 
Posted January 19, 2008 1:58:27 AM
Skull with fire and heat shimmer I've been looking for this all day and I could have sworn that I saw it on here. Someone posted a demo or iotd a while back of a skull that had fire set in the eyes with heat shimmer/distortion effects. Anyone have a link to it? Thanks 
Posted October 17, 2007 6:29:50 PM
Fractal Cube and Clouds I'm following the presentation slides here, that are the basis for the ShaderX 5 article Volumetric Clouds and Mega-Particles. I have implemented the process up to applying the fractal cube to displace the cloud pixels in order to give a cloud appear... 
Posted September 7, 2007 7:02:37 PM
Faster reflection/refraction of Terrain Right, so as of now I have to render my terrain 3 times. Once for reflection, once for refraction and a 3rd to show the terrain. I was thinking that I could render the terrain to a texture, and then render the heights of the terrain from... 
Posted September 22, 2007 5:08:18 PM
[MDX] Render Target depth buffer Whenever I set the render target to a surface that I have created any geometry drawn to this target isn't added or compared to the depth buffer. Anything that is drawn to this target is drawn over everything. I don't want to set a new depthbuffer, I... 
Posted September 8, 2007 10:06:46 PM
[MDX] Triangles Flickering w/ QuadTree I am rendering a terrain using a quadtree. Each leaf mesh stores the indices of its 33x33 chunk of the whole terrain. The vertices of the entire terrain are store in one VertexBuffer. My problem is that for the first couple of seconds the ter... 
Posted June 22, 2007 9:58:54 AM
Job Interview I have an in-person job interview( I've already had a phone interview) over Christmas break with a local software developer, and I have some questions. I have heard that I shouldn't wear anything too dark suit wise and that I should wear a white shir... 
Posted December 4, 2006 5:34:03 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
[XNA] Shadow maps What value are you clearing your shadow map to? It should be 1.0f. 
Posted December 21, 2010 4:08:16 PM
Rendering Outdoor Light Scattering in Real Time Paper Most of the code as I remember is taken from the source of the ati light scattering demo. There are a lot of magic numbers/fudge factors/etc in the code that aren't mentioned in the paper or the slides. It's been a couple of years since I've looked a... 
Posted December 6, 2010 4:13:28 PM
Rendering Outdoor Light Scattering in Real Time Paper I have an implementation here and there are also implementations in somewhere on ATI's site and Graphics Programming Methods. 
Posted December 6, 2010 10:46:25 AM
Directly loading 3DS files The Open Asset Import Library should load anything you want. 
Posted November 26, 2010 12:31:09 AM
XNA 3.1 Model Rendering Inverted Try setting cull mode to: CullMode.CullClockwiseFace 
Posted November 19, 2010 4:32:22 PM
XNA Multithreading C# has built-in language support for mutexes. Simply surround your code that you want to protect with lock(). 
Posted November 19, 2010 10:46:49 AM
Planets not rendering on ATI Cards Make sure you turn on all the d3d debug information. Nvidia in general is more forgiving when it comes to not initializing something the correct way or assigning something an invalid value. 
Posted November 18, 2010 11:02:23 AM
Bilateral Filtering This presentation goes over bilateral filtering: http://developer.amd.com/gpu_assets/ShopfMixedResolutionRendering.pdf 
Posted November 8, 2010 3:48:14 PM
How does one copy to a texture? Also, instead of actually modifying the texture, you could instead place a decal at the position where the ship was hit. 
Posted November 1, 2010 11:42:53 AM
Is XNA using DirectX 10/11 yet? XNA does not directly support DX10/11 but there is a library that does: http://www.machinaaurum.com.br/blog/post/DirectX-10-in-XNA-40.aspx 
Posted October 20, 2010 7:32:37 PM
View All Replies Made By This User