Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Dragon_Strike...  
Full Name Robert Nagy
Nickname Dragon_Strike 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.droneworks.net 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Computer Science Collage && System Developer 
Job Description study and repair computers 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1109  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 12/11/2004 7:45:04 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Water A very early Realtime water demo.. uses bump mapping, relief mapping and realtime refraction... no reflections yet.. u can download it here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/923e44/ EDIT: TO MOVE THE CAMERA U MUST HOLD IN LEFT MOUSE BUTTON... 
Posted December 25, 2006 3:08:50 AM
Image to ARGB *solved is there any library that allows me to load a a file (png, bmp, gif) and get the pixels in a byte array formated as ARGB (or some other format)? [Edited by - Dragon_Strike on August 14, 2009 3:45:42 PM] 
Posted August 14, 2009 9:09:20 AM
pool objects outliving pool ive got a pool which returns shared_ptr's to objects... i create the shard_ptr's so that they call the pools deallocate/return function... but if the pool outlives the pool than that call will crash the program... this shouldnt never happen but if it... 
Posted June 13, 2009 5:15:16 PM
image magnification im working on a system where i have to enlarge in real-time the size of a video... im looking for a good algorithm for image magnification that could run at a steady rate of 50 fps on a high end multi-core machine... any suggestions?  
Posted June 11, 2009 12:08:44 PM
window always ontop of taskbar im creating a fullscreen window which is working fine.. however if it looses focus (i click on a secondary monitor) then the taskbar becomes visible... how do i keep the fullscreen window ALWAYS on top? 
Posted June 5, 2009 8:45:44 AM
fullscreen choose device * solved i would like to be able to choose in which screen my fullscreen application should be shown in... i was hoping to use... ChangeDisplaySettingsEx... but the docs says that "lpszDeviceName" is not used... what should i use? SOLVED: i simp... 
Posted June 5, 2009 7:41:38 AM
threadsafe event library im looking for a thread safe event library similar to boost::library... ive been googling for a while without success... i spent an hour writing my own... it almost works but is kinda slow... any suggestions? EDIT: see code in post below [Ed... 
Posted June 2, 2009 6:12:41 PM
Mesh problems *solved im trying to rewrite my d3d10 code to d3d9 code.. however im havin some problems with the D3DXMesh here is what i do in d3d9 the d3d10 version works just fine... however in the d3d9 version i get alot of holes as if there was something missin... 
Posted May 10, 2009 9:52:18 AM
std::set design issue im having a problem with std::set ive got different sets where all the types inherit a class "Identifiable" with an std::string Id() function... looks somehting like this struct IDCompare { bool operator()(const IdentifiablePtr& lh... 
Posted May 2, 2009 4:15:07 PM
problems with mpl::inherit_linearly *solved im havin some issues with mpl::inherit_linearly template <typename T> struct assoc_map{ typedef std::map<boost::shared_ptr<T>, boost::shared_ptr<T>> type;}; // The following works struct Assoc : public assoc_map<... 
Posted May 2, 2009 2:36:10 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Architecture for multithreading first of all i dont think your should be thinking in threads but instead in "tasks"... in my project i use Intel Thread Building Blocks... my system works basicly like this... i have different subsystems such as Rendering, Simulation, Physics,... 
Posted December 10, 2009 12:35:35 PM
Image to ARGB *solved Doesnt System.Drawing.Bitmap give access to the pixels in the same format as what the source file was in? there is no way i can know if its in ARGB, RGB, etc...? 
Posted August 14, 2009 10:36:25 AM
Super Factory interesting idea... but i believe there is a simpler way... and im not a fan of singletons... have a base factory which owns all factory "factory types" in the form of one type that inherits linearly from all factory types and then cast to th... 
Posted July 17, 2009 2:20:32 PM
image magnification bilinear or bicubic are not good enough as is... im looking for a better method or combination of methods that could be rendererad in real-time by a high end machine... i basicly want to upscale the input from a SD camera to a HD video with as good q... 
Posted June 12, 2009 6:19:31 AM
Can anyone help with a memory leak? i just took a quick look... this looks kinda suspicious... sptr * stemp = new sptr; stemp->csd = slotray[slot_num]; stemp->slot_num = slot_num; if(!SDL_CreateThread(op_handler, stemp)) { cout << "Error creating thread"... 
Posted June 3, 2009 5:21:19 PM
threadsafe event library ive tried signals2... but the syntax seems horrible... pSceneGeometry->PositionChanged.connect(scene::Geometry::signal_type::slot_type(&Geometry::PositionChanged, pGeometry.get(), _1).track(pGeometry)); this isnt very readable.... 
Posted June 3, 2009 12:35:12 PM
threadsafe event library Quote:Original post by Sneftel It's slower than it has to be, but it's faster than it used to be. Also, being thread-safe finally gives it an excuse to lock mutexes, which it had been doing already. From what I've seen of signals2 I'm really a fa... 
Posted June 3, 2009 9:21:16 AM
threadsafe event library Quote:Original post by loufoque Quote:i didnt notice that boost signals had a thread-safe version... however boost signals seems very slow.. How so? everything ive read on these and other forums seem to point to indicate it being slow [E... 
Posted June 3, 2009 8:13:50 AM
threadsafe event library ive rewritten the code // Thread Safe Event Library // Copyright (c) 2009 by Robert Nagy // //Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person or organization //obtaining a copy of the software and accompanying documentation covered... 
Posted June 3, 2009 4:11:00 AM
threadsafe event library Quote:Original post by Antheus Your implementation also doesn't synchronize callback invocations. Imagine that you have two threads invoking same handler, which removes itself from the callback list. And if you do lock your handlers, then you immedi... 
Posted June 3, 2009 2:21:59 AM
View All Replies Made By This User