Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know BFMVfavorite...  
Full Name  
Nickname BFMVfavorite 
State/Province, Country CA   United States
GD Gathering City Laguna, CA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.freewebs.com/collateralgames 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID BFMVfavorite 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title owner 
Job Description everything 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/7/2007 6:48:36 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
MSVC++.NET 2003 giving me problems. Hi everyone, Right now, I have main.cpp, game.h, object.h, and object.cpp included in my .vcproject file. class object is defined in object.h and its functions are written in object.cpp obviously, as that is the usual style code is written in.... 
Posted November 11, 2007 11:31:26 PM
LNK Error, can't figure out? Hey all, I don't know what the deal is, but I'm using MSVC++.NET 2003 and I keep getting this error: LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function _mainCRTStartup Debug/test5.exe : fatal error LNK11... 
Posted July 23, 2007 9:21:46 PM
Normals all equal to 0? Hey all, I'm trying to make a simple 3D world, but so far it's been a real pain (used to 2D stuff). OK, find the cross product, get the vector length, normalize, and presto, you have a normal? No, not in my case. They all end up = 0 somehow, even... 
Posted July 22, 2007 1:23:11 AM
GetHeight() problem Hey all, Just was interested in having a simple heightmap viewer and be able to walk through the terrain, except I'm having trouble with finding the y-value of the camera at any given point, even when I use the code from my own book! Here's the Get... 
Posted July 2, 2007 8:28:02 PM
Loading screen Hey all, I was wondering how to make a loading screen for my game. Sometimes when I start my game up I have to wait there a couple seconds for it to load all the textures and everything. I'm thinking it would be more user friendly if I could put a... 
Posted June 14, 2007 11:56:16 PM
F-1000 Episode 1: The Escape Hey all, This is my game that I've been working on for the past month or so. This is just a screenshot of normal gameplay, with some enemy ships/turrets firing at you, and incoming missile stirke (as you can see from the smoke trail and explosi... 
Posted June 13, 2007 12:55:48 PM
Portable API's? Hey all, In my current project, the problem of portability has come up. I want to be able to have my game available on Mac, *nix, and Windows. I am developing on windows, and currently using win32. I ported the game to GLUT, but then re... 
Posted June 9, 2007 9:42:11 PM
DirectSound question(s) Hey all, I've just started using DirectSound, and I have a few questions. I learned it out of OpenGL Game Programming (Astle,Hawkins, and yes I know it says OpenGL on it, however it does cover DirectInput and DirectSound). Here's the code that... 
Posted May 30, 2007 1:32:25 AM
using RealArcade/Download.com? Hey all, I've been wondering how to best market and advertise a game I'm developing, and the 2 websites i've mostly been looking at are download.com and realarcade.com. They look pretty good so far, but I am wondering if anyone here has used them... 
Posted May 28, 2007 1:28:37 AM
OK to use GarageBand if selling? Hey all, I have often thought of marketing my game on a site like Download.com, and selling it for like 5 bucks or something (lord knows i need the money). My friend made me a theme song in garageBand from a Mac, and I was wondering if that wo... 
Posted May 10, 2007 12:46:14 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
MSVC++.NET 2003 giving me problems. ok, thanks a bunch scorpion! It's working now. Thank you so much again, --Nathan 
Posted November 12, 2007 1:40:26 AM
MSVC++.NET 2003 giving me problems. yeah I'll post the code below. One thing I am confused about is I got rid of several functions inside physics.h yet it is still saying they are already defined. PHYSICS.H //CVector and CPlane classes from OpenGL Game Programming (Astle, Hawk... 
Posted November 12, 2007 12:49:16 AM
MSVC++.NET 2003 giving me problems. Oh God, just realized an important fact. I'm including a custom set of functions I wrote, inside a file called <physics.h>. This is in the header of object.h, #include <physics.h>. The linker errors are concerned with this file, all th... 
Posted November 12, 2007 12:37:22 AM
LNK Error, can't figure out? Well, I solved it, it was some weird setting in my subsystems preferences. I was just messing around with it and it worked, but thanks for the help albatross! --Nathan 
Posted July 23, 2007 10:49:50 PM
LNK Error, can't figure out? The edit only cleans up my code, no error solving....eh I pay $100 for this and now I'm thinking of going back to Dev-C++ after 2-3 years of stupid LNK errors that make no sense. Someone please give me a solution! Thanks again though albatros... 
Posted July 23, 2007 10:08:13 PM
LNK Error, can't figure out? Followed both of your instructions, yet I'm still getting the same error...I really hate LNK errors, they always seem to be unsolvable. Any other suggestions? Thanks a bunch though albatross --Nathan -- 
Posted July 23, 2007 9:54:26 PM
Normals all equal to 0? Thanks a bunch guys, again I needed someone to point the little errors out to me. I just made a separate loop after the first one, and set all the normal values after the terrain values had already been initialized. Now the lighting works grea... 
Posted July 22, 2007 12:47:42 PM
Normals all equal to 0? Hah, wow I'm so focused on game programming I forget proper C/++ syntax...overthinking I guess. Thanks a bunch for "pointing" out the problem to me :) It now works with simple normals, when I try a simple triangle with an obvious normal, but w... 
Posted July 22, 2007 2:24:28 AM
GetHeight() problem Now this is just getting pathetic. You've explained it as clear as someone can, yet I still can't figure out the problem! I've tried doing a number of different methods with accessing the array, but I think my only solution will be to just use... 
Posted July 4, 2007 12:28:50 AM
GetHeight() problem Well you are definitely correct, as the only spot that the height value is correct is when camera.z = 0....I'm just not sure what I should do now. What do I put in that 2nd subscript value to make it correct, or am I going to have make another... 
Posted July 3, 2007 1:55:41 AM
View All Replies Made By This User