Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know robotichrist...  
Full Name Mikola Lysenko
Nickname robotichrist 
State/Province, Country MI   United States
GD Gathering City Houghton, MI, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.assertfalse.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1054  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/23/2006 2:52:34 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Physical basis of rendering Hi! I know this is possibly too theoretical for this forum, but I have had this sort of curious question in the back of my mind for some time and figured I'd share it with you folks to see what turns up. In physics, light propagation is descr... 
Posted June 18, 2010 10:57:29 AM
Immersive Webcam VR Demo Inspired by Johnny Lee's Wii Mote VR Tracker, I decided to try building a virtual reality display. Using OpenCV, I was able to get a comparable result with face tracking. The result is that you don't need anything other than a web camera for it to... 
Posted February 26, 2008 1:33:05 PM
The Quaternion Julia Set in MPI A raytraced image of the quaternion Julia set written using MPI. The total computing time for this image was 30 minutes on a 96 processor cluster. [Edited by - robotichrist on October 24, 2007 5:38:47 PM] 
Posted October 24, 2007 5:48:28 PM
Other graphics forums? Hey, it's been nearly 2 years since flipcode closed its doors and forums. Back when flipcode was in full swing, it was the place to go to get current graphics news and information. Nowadays, updates seem much harder to come by. GameDev.net is nice... 
Posted April 4, 2007 1:30:00 PM
Realtime Constructive Solid Geometry Hello everyone! I've decided to post some preliminary results from my constructive solid geometry (CSG) work. Briefly, CSG is a modeling technique whereby models are built from set theoretic compositions of smaller models. The algorithm used in ea... 
Posted March 31, 2007 8:37:56 PM
Professor Automaton's Cruel Legume Device Here are some screenshots from Professor Automaton's Cruel Legume Device, the result of our team software project. The game is basically Puyo Puyo, or Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. Features: Practice mode Hot seat multiplayer Lots of AIs ... 
Posted April 25, 2006 11:22:25 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
MMORPG Alpha Client - In Development. Wow! Really impressive work, and that is a surprisingly complete list of features for an indie MMORPG. 
Posted September 27, 2010 3:31:51 PM
Generating Polygons from Voxel Data? You can also just construct a really simple mesh (ie just glue a bunch of boxes together), then do some surface subdivision to fair the result. 
Posted September 7, 2010 10:40:30 AM
Any tutorial about procedural modelling using c++ / HLSL? Do you mean procedural modeling or implicit modeling? These are two very different things. Procedural models focus on generating interesting, or aesthetically pleasing content programatically. It can be at the same time an art, a science and... 
Posted August 4, 2010 12:13:17 PM
Research Project Ideas? If you are into procedural generation, you should look up the texture synthesis stuff by Wei and Levoy: http://graphics.stanford.edu/projects/texture/ It would also be worth your while to study Markov random fields models for signal processing.... 
Posted August 4, 2010 12:06:22 PM
Complete graphs that live on a closed 2D space of constant positive curvature. This looks pretty neat, but if you don't mind me asking what exactly is going on here? I am somewhat curious about what/why you are drawing these pictures. 
Posted June 28, 2010 11:59:38 AM
Physical basis of rendering I think I figured it out on my own. Here are some links which basically answer the question: http://www.mathpages.com/home/kmath242/kmath242.htm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermat's_principle As a short synopsis, the theory that light... 
Posted June 22, 2010 1:16:04 PM
Physical basis of rendering Pedantically, you are right; such models don't take into account quantum phenomena and so they are at least asymptotically unphysical, but this is not really the spirit of what I was asking. I don't know if it was clear in the first post, but I wo... 
Posted June 18, 2010 11:42:24 AM
MMORPG - Needing talent If you are really keen on doing sand simulation, you should probably spend some time getting up to speed with the current literature. It is really an open research question right now if sand physics can be done with reasonable fidelity on... 
Posted April 30, 2010 9:01:34 AM
Splitting A Polygon into Separate Triangles The problem as stated is sort of ambiguous. If you just want to triangulate some planar polygon, then you can use a simple greedy algorithm: While the polygon is not totally covered, remove a triple of vertices contained in the remaining polygon.... 
Posted January 26, 2009 11:10:46 AM
Sparse Voxel Octree Ray-Casting I just want to say that I think this is very cool and certainly one of the best IOTDs posted in a long time. Though I am a bit curious as to how you managed to fit the whole voxel tree into the GPU. Do you use any compression besides elimina... 
Posted December 7, 2008 2:11:06 PM
View All Replies Made By This User