Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know h0bbE...  
Full Name Tobias Olsson
Nickname h0bbE 
State/Province, Country Kalmar Lan   Sweden
GD Gathering City Kalmar, Kalmar Lan, Sweden
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.spellofplay.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Game Developer 
Job Description Mostly programming and game design. 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1018  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/22/2005 3:15:47 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Software Engineering Best Practices in Game Development Software Engineering Best Practices in Game DevelopmentPosted by: Tobias Olsson at May 22, 2008 5:16:11 PMThe second part of the Software Engineering Best Practices in Game Development was just published. It focuses on iterative development. ... 
Posted May 22, 2008 5:16:11 PM
Shmup T.W.T.P.B. Post Mortem Shmup T.W.T.P.B. Post MortemPosted by: Tobias Olsson at December 29, 2008 9:59:53 PMLearn what went wrong and what went right during the 1.5 year development of indie shoot em up T.W.T.P.B. developed by Spell of Play Studios. Full story in the T.W... 
Posted December 29, 2008 3:59:53 PM
Detecting if a Game Pad is Plugged in or Removed Yo! I have spent a good few hours getting this to work so I thought I'd write a small tutorial on how to get your game to react when an usb device, such as a game pad, is plugged in or removed from the computer. This is a Windows specific tut... 
Posted October 12, 2008 4:36:16 PM
Shoot Em Up TWTPB Beta Hey! Long time iotd lurker, first time poster. These are some shots of T.W.T.P.B. pc shoot em up game just released in a public beta. Game play wise it's a stylized vertical shooter and it has the twist that you must handle four abilities; rapi... 
Posted September 15, 2008 12:31:30 PM
Software Engineering Best Practices in Game Development Software Engineering Best Practices in Game DevelopmentPosted by: Tobias Olsson at March 5, 2008 9:56:24 PMThis article describes and elaborates five best practices of software engineering in the context of game development. These practices are; iter... 
Posted March 5, 2008 3:56:24 PM
8h game challenge Two days ago I challenged myself to create a game in eight working hours. It is now finished :) You can read about it on our homepage. 8h game challenge Part I 8h game challenge Part II There is also a few screenies and you can play it... 
Posted July 7, 2007 4:46:27 PM
New iteration of Aquanauts released Hi all! We have just released the third iteration of our new game "Aquanauts". Information and download link are available here: Download PC Games We are looking forward to your comments and suggestions! Please help us improve our game :)... 
Posted March 20, 2006 7:40:20 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Crysis model viewer Cool! Looking at how other people have done things is a great way of learning! I remember myself doing a lot of q3 stuff back in the days :) Keep it up! 
Posted November 9, 2008 4:48:50 PM
Shoot Em Up TWTPB Beta Quote:Original post by Vexator i guess our integrated graphics cards cannot compile the shader that's used on the ship.. could you provide a simpler one? Hmmm yes... I have made a small update of the ship's shader (standard.fx). It r... 
Posted September 20, 2008 6:20:10 AM
Shoot Em Up TWTPB Beta Hey! gameXcore, would be interesting to know your gpu specs. I'd really like to hunt down this bug :) I'll be looking into the firwall/block issue you describe also, thanx. FYI, I released a new version of the game today, some balance, some... 
Posted September 19, 2008 5:39:40 PM
Shoot Em Up TWTPB Beta Thanx for all your kind comments! I'm really glad you like the visuals! Quote:Original post by MattHughes This game gets really hard at level 5! Indeed, level 6 is even harder :P I think these two are the hardest in the game. The trick in leve... 
Posted September 17, 2008 3:50:46 PM
Shoot Em Up TWTPB Beta Quote:Original post by Vexator works fine, but the ship isn't rendered.. only the muzzle flashes. Thats a new one :P I would appreciate your system specs. /h0bbE 
Posted September 16, 2008 1:25:52 PM
Shoot Em Up TWTPB Beta Thanks! Actually there is music, but for some reason (bug) it is turned off by default. Options/Music - should fix this. /hObbE 
Posted September 16, 2008 3:45:40 AM
Shoot Em Up TWTPB Beta Hey! I'm really glad you like it! At least the visuals :) Yes you need a fairly new (August 2007) version of DX. If you run the game through hUb it offers you to install the correct version of dx. Otherwise you need to head over to microsoft... 
Posted September 15, 2008 5:37:11 PM
Mulver - 3D Platform game Huge kudos on getting this far in the development of your game! Far to many get caught in the "oh I must develop an engine to make a game trap"... The level design is very good! I think you could improve on the controls and getting some... 
Posted August 18, 2008 4:19:31 PM
Software Engineering Best Practices in Game Development Thanx for the the comments! The "rest" of the software development community definitely do not thing they have it all figured out. In my experience they do, however, often have a much more open attitude towards changing the way they work to improv... 
Posted March 18, 2008 4:33:53 PM
Software Engineering Best Practices in Game Development Thanx for the comments guys! To clarify: First all of these items where ment as a more general problems in software development, they are sort of the motivation for why best practices has been investigated. However, in my experience we are g... 
Posted March 7, 2008 2:32:29 PM
View All Replies Made By This User