Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know donbonifacio...  
Full Name Pedro Santos
Nickname donbonifacio 
State/Province, Country Lisboa   Portugal
GD Gathering City Amadora, Lisboa, Portugal
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://psantos-blog.zi-yu.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/25/2001 1:33:37 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Orion's Belt - RIP Award winning game Orion's Belt is terminated after 5 years. Now we present the first images of our new game, still in closed beta: Orion's Belt 2.0. Orion's Belt 1.0 was a game made by Portuguese students that was targeted mainly on the Port... 
Posted December 20, 2008 4:34:31 AM
Fog of War Some images that show the fog of war, line of sight and zoom level of our space map for the new version of our web game (still in development). You can follow the game developments on our game blog. 
Posted November 4, 2008 7:58:03 PM
Localization Issues: do you mind foreign terms? Hello, I need some clarification on how to properly localize games for several languages. Example: If I had a game written in English, and I wanted to translate it to French, would I need to translate *all* the words? Imagine that I had a com... 
Posted August 28, 2008 11:58:27 AM
Building a WebGame version 2.0, step by step! Hello, We have a small user based mmo web game running, and we doing a major rewrite, and we're cataloging everything on our blog: Orion's Belt Game Blog : The Making Of. We invite you to follow our developments, to discuss our ideas, etc... 
Posted August 28, 2008 11:45:02 AM
Duplicated Accounts on Web/Online Games Hello, I administer an online game and we have problems with players creating multiple accounts to gain advantage over their enemies. I wrote a detailed post about this. Basically, does anyone know of a good way to prevent this? Using IP o... 
Posted April 17, 2008 5:22:08 AM
Tank Game I started a small 2D tank game some time ago. By now I have some of it done, and I am starting to question myself about the hole game concept. This will be a simple game, move around, fire. But with several game modes: CTF, DM and TDM; and some difer... 
Posted June 20, 2003 5:25:39 PM
Web based turn game in Space! Hi there. Me and a friend are making a game for a final school project. It will be a DarkGalaxy.com clone. The problem is: we will have to make the "engine" good and powerfull, because... it’s a final project. Basically, the player have pla... 
Posted February 22, 2004 4:28:38 AM
OpenGL Game Programming Book examples By any chance, has anyone ported the examples to Linux/SDL? If som where can I get them? Also, I have some problems running the examples in Win32. The last one is very very, very slow. And I do not know why. I have P4 1.5, GF4 TI 4400 and... 
Posted June 18, 2003 3:44:36 PM
Problems with Double Buffering Hi all. I am having troubles double buffering my images. I hope that you can help me and tell me what I’m doing worng. I have my paint method in my Actor class (base class of all showables) like this: public void paint( Graphics g... 
Posted April 25, 2003 4:44:56 AM
Executable JAR Files Hi! I am having some troubles creating my exec jar files, I compile ok, I have the manifest file ok, and the jvm starts the main, but then it throws UndefClassFound when I try to create a class, for ex Data.MyClass. The error says that canot find... 
Posted January 11, 2003 6:40:13 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Fog of War Yes, we pre-generate the universe, having a preset probability of having X planets on a given system (each system have 70 sectors (the tiniest squares). We also generate Worm Holes (passage points), markets and arenas. 
Posted November 5, 2008 3:20:41 AM
[C#] Delegating documentation to base class. All that documentation management can be quite troublesome. It's not just useful to put the documentation at the super class, but also at the interface level. All those tools really don't handle it the best way, and it's a nightmare to copy/paste/mai... 
Posted August 3, 2008 5:39:35 PM
Any good Cross Platform IDE/Compilers? What we currently use is: separate environments use different IDEs, but we have a common build works-everywhere via script. The problem with using different IDEs, is project file management. When someone adds a file to VS, the guy that uses Anjuta... 
Posted August 3, 2008 4:18:12 AM
Differences between .NET and Mono Note that MonoDevelop[1], the IDE built by the Mono community supports intellisense. :) I've been working on a C# project for years that works out of the box on Windows or Mono/Linux or Mono/Windows... Basically, we have to think abou... 
Posted July 31, 2008 12:53:32 PM
function returning a string Yes, you should use: std::string CTexture::GetFilename() The copy isn't problematic because they use a shadow copy. 
Posted July 31, 2008 3:40:02 AM
c# Arrays The only difference is that you can only use this syntax: int[] arr = { 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9}; On declarations. For example, given the following method: void DoSomething( int[] array ) { ... } You could invoke it lik... 
Posted July 30, 2008 4:18:40 PM
Force Delete a file What do you mean by "fails to delete"? If you consult the File.Delete documentation[1] you'll see that File.Delete will fail if the given parameter is invalid in some way *or* the file is locked by another application. And if that's the case, ther... 
Posted July 29, 2008 9:11:47 AM
Item List not storing in Custom User Control Hello, I don't think I quite understood what your problem is. You created your own control that displays a EVEPanelItemCollection list, and you can't add items to it at the designer. Note that you use a list of a custom type, therefore VS can't fi... 
Posted July 29, 2008 3:42:49 AM
Job Applications, Deg. Required Well, you've got the "no" as a guaranteed answer, everything else will be good. So, no harm in trying I guess. :) From my experience, employers usually couldn't care less about the degree... I've been to several interviews and they only focus... 
Posted June 12, 2008 4:17:07 AM
Duplicated Accounts on Web/Online Games Quote:Original post by Antheus About passwords - how do you know they are identical. You aren't storing them as plaintext, are you? You are following all the security precautions, and are storing only salted hash, right? So that if someone ga... 
Posted April 17, 2008 9:22:55 AM
View All Replies Made By This User