Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Afr0m@n...  
Full Name  
Nickname Afr0m@n 
State/Province, Country Vest-Agder   Norway
GD Gathering City Kristiansand, Vest-Agder, Norway
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.afr0blog.tk 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 125  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/9/2004 6:12:44 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Rendering/using media files (primarily: *.x files) in XNA from byte array(s) Is there any way to do this? I've been searching around the net some, and the only documented way of loading (and, thus, rendering) meshes on MSDN seems to be to add references to all mesh files inside your project. This is something I'd... 
Posted May 30, 2007 5:13:05 PM
Note to aspiring MMO producers! To put in my share of 'work' to try to hold back the purported flood of MMO producers we'll receive here at Gamedev over the summer, I decided to write a little something to teach these wannabes a lesson. First of all; Creating an MMO, even if you... 
Posted May 27, 2007 1:33:04 PM
Uhm... Right. That's all I could think of putting in the Subject title. Honestly. I'm still scratching my head where I'm sitting. Today, I installed Vista. Of course I had to install it twice, nearly choking my C: drive in the process, because upgrading fr... 
Posted May 22, 2007 6:08:42 PM
Creating a *.package archive Ok, so I've been trying to create a *.package archive successfully for a while now. At first, I tried writing directly to a file, but now I've decided writing directly to a memory stream that I can resize at will seems easier. Below is my entire clas... 
Posted May 21, 2007 8:59:49 AM
To all the Swedish, possibly Norwegian and/or Danish musicexperts out there! Does anyone know what happened to the ingenious and mysterious Swedish songwriter known as Dr. Bombay? I've been waiting for a new album from this guy for years now! :( For a couple of examples of his ingenuity; 'I like to drive the taxi I lik... 
Posted May 8, 2007 2:11:35 PM
IOCP is NOT hard! Ach, I'm tired of the general perception in this forum that 'IOCP is hard to learn, and ever harder to use!' Thought I'd post a few steps; 1. Create a listening socket, and an IOCP instance (for the uninvited, IOCP 'instances' are just instance... 
Posted April 9, 2007 3:17:13 PM
C#: Reading non-terminated strings? How on earth would I go about reading a string from a binarystream that, according to this resource looks like this; 'The IFF header is 64 bytes long. The first 60 bytes are the signature, which consists of two strings: "IFF FILE 2.5:TY... 
Posted April 21, 2007 6:52:50 PM
The Sims Online Remake In addition to whats already in the add, I would like to add that the team consists of the following members; - Me: Lead programmer, currently working on everything from network coding to native filetype support to graphics. - Spitfire... 
Posted April 20, 2007 8:55:37 AM
Maxis DBPF2 archive specification (specifically, compression specification) I have been looking all over the intarweb for information about this specific archive format, and so far, I have found next to nothing. : So far, all I have found is this. By using the information contained in there, I have been able to successfully... 
Posted April 16, 2007 8:48:16 AM
The C++ of cars! The title says it all! ^^ Linky I.Want.That.Car! [cool] 
Posted March 31, 2007 5:56:15 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
C# Workshop - Week 1 (Ch. 1 & 2) - Advanced Quote:Original post by hpjchobbes On a similar topic to class inheritance, what's the difference between inheriting a function vs. overriding the function? It would seem that if you inherit then the base function would still get called, but I'm not... 
Posted July 5, 2007 12:58:28 PM
C# Workshop - Signup Thread Mats Vederhus Tutor afr088@hotmail.com 
Posted June 29, 2007 7:09:53 AM
Rendering/using media files (primarily: *.x files) in XNA from byte array(s) Hm, what about sounds and such? Thanks for the advice though, I'll drop the zip loading for now and see how things turns out when more is known about the final complete datasize. [smile] 
Posted May 31, 2007 11:54:59 AM
Rendering/using media files (primarily: *.x files) in XNA from byte array(s) Well, I'm not exactly sure yet, but if it's of any importance, I'd guesstimate roughly between 3.5 - 5 gigs of uncompressed data. At least a gig of those comes from the meshes alone, which are ASCII *.x files. I might decide to convert them to a bina... 
Posted May 31, 2007 6:25:52 AM
Note to aspiring MMO producers! Not for me it isn't! [cool] 
Posted May 29, 2007 11:32:35 AM
Note to aspiring MMO producers! Oh, and just to make sure, for the last time, that noone has the wrong idea about my current attempt to remake TSO (it would appear that another post would be neccessary, as indicated by my declining rating (and on that note; Can someone please... 
Posted May 29, 2007 6:48:33 AM
Note to aspiring MMO producers! Quote:Original post by Ravuya According to the linked thread, it says you were developing the game in .NET 2.0, not BlitzBasic. The first time: BlitzBasic, in 9th grade (might have been 8th, actually o_O). Second time (I.E, now): .NET 2.0, C# 
Posted May 29, 2007 1:19:28 AM
Note to aspiring MMO producers! Quote:Original post by mikeman Quote:Original post by Afr0m@n Edit: To be absolutely frank, I did try to write a multiplayer clone of The Sims when I was in like... 9th grade or something... Oh,like, a month ago? This is so stupid. Ach... 
Posted May 28, 2007 4:46:05 PM
Note to aspiring MMO producers! @aidan_walsh: Actually, no I haven't, but I've read that that's 'typical' behaviour from alot of MMO producing wannabes (AOL newbs?), and I just wanted to be sure. As a sidenote, though, I can add that today hasn't been my most fortunate day as far a... 
Posted May 27, 2007 5:47:45 PM
Seeking translators to translate a few lines A slight improvement of Yotan's translation (though, clearly, he did the grunt work): Nytt spill Innstillinger Hjelp Avslutt Tilbake velg et sett med baner velg en bane antall trekk antall skyv Tid brukt Forrige Neste Tilbakestil Gjen... 
Posted May 26, 2007 1:06:01 PM
View All Replies Made By This User