Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know JamesTan...  
Full Name  
Nickname JamesTan 
State/Province, Country Unknown Region   New Zealand
GD Gathering City Christchurch, Unknown Region, New Zealand
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.digitalconfectioners.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1018  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/16/2008 10:19:12 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
[Contract] Digital Confectioners seeking sound effects artist Team name: Digital Confectioners We're a small group of independent developers. We are a registered company within New Zealand. Project name: Viva La Donuta Our current project is a match three variant, with (hopefully) some new and interesting... 
Posted November 26, 2008 8:52:26 AM
Essence Ed My engine [Essence] has been in development for quite some time now, roughly about three months or so. The current state of the engine is quite raw, but a lot of things are working. Essence currently has: - Sound engine using OpenAL - Scriptin... 
Posted July 10, 2008 1:39:44 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
[Contract] Digital Confectioners seeking sound effects artist Filled :) 
Posted November 26, 2008 10:06:21 AM
File encoder There is no point in trying to encode your files, or 'hide' it away, as it is simply not worth it. Eventually you have to upload your textures / meshes or whatever resources as resources in memory and if the person was really determined, they can jus... 
Posted September 3, 2008 8:22:49 PM
Team Wanted MMORPG Other than being the game designer, what other roles will you be actually taking on? Who else forms the team? Will you also be the lead developer(s), project manager and product producer? Quote:The project is planed to outrun all of the... 
Posted September 3, 2008 7:59:01 PM
Essence Ed Thanks :) I'm working hard on the editor side of things while bringing up the renderer. I'll keep posting news here of course. 
Posted July 13, 2008 8:06:04 AM
Programming MMO's Some MMO's are built in HTML with variables. 
Posted July 3, 2008 7:52:13 AM
polygon from 2D to 3D using MDX Just make Z zero. 
Posted June 12, 2008 1:48:44 PM
Mario Galaxy free clone (well sort of..) The attention you'll likely get is not a good one. 
Posted May 5, 2008 11:31:57 AM
Is game developer a safe job? I don't want to change my career 20years later Err, I don't know of too many jobs that allow you complete flexibility like that. Game development is like any artist type jobs, where what your selling is your product & service. The product is your game obviously. People first have to buy it or... 
Posted April 15, 2008 1:58:02 AM
My awesome game runs too slow. How are you handling movement? Based on time, or based on frame? 
Posted March 28, 2008 10:50:45 PM
Planet Umi: my pygame project I really like the graphic style you've achieved here! Keep up the great work. 
Posted March 25, 2008 7:33:35 PM
View All Replies Made By This User