Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know poss74...  
Full Name Crispin Anderton
Nickname poss74 
State/Province, Country Unknown Region   New Zealand
GD Gathering City Wellington, Unknown Region, New Zealand
Contact Info
Homepage URL cbgamedev.blogspot.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1037  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/10/2005 5:37:38 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Customisable Card Game Design I'm thinking of writing a game so I can play my favourite (but old) CCG against the computer (finding human players has gotten REAL HARD (tm) recently, 'cos they're only interested in playing the latest game). Because of the nature of CCGs, e... 
Posted November 10, 2005 4:26:55 AM
Problems with SDL Okay, I've been at this for a couple of hours, and I've managed to resolve a couple of issues, but I'm at the end of my tether with this one. I'm just starting playing around with SDL in VC++6, and I've got a very simple main.cpp file (from t... 
Posted August 11, 2005 7:35:07 AM
The times, they are a-changin' I was bumming around a website dedicated to Zzap!64, and found this comment in an interview with Andrew Braybrook (of Uridium fame): Quote:If I've spent five months writing this game I don't see why they should spend just ten minutes playing it. ... 
Posted July 27, 2005 4:09:49 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
webgl. I need a source code of sylvester.js (popular library). http://sylvester.jcoglan.com/ Remember: Google is your friend... 
Posted November 15, 2010 10:07:04 PM
Advanced Game Engine Design Quote:Original post by Shael This thread made me LOL. Ditto. Especially since the post from the chap in Romania was better written. 
Posted October 13, 2010 6:54:14 PM
while loop which doesn't end Quote:Original post by spaceJockey123 I've modified the code by including an if statement, which exits the loop as soon as position equals to -1. It works but it seems inefficient because I still have the condition for the while loop. Everything wor... 
Posted July 15, 2010 7:00:09 PM
XNA 3.0 or 4.0? XNA 4.0 is for developing Windows Phone 7 games. If you're wanting to work on PC games, use 3.1. Riemer's tutorials work just fine on XNA 3.1 (I've just finished going through them myself, and thoroughly recommend them). 
Posted July 1, 2010 11:36:10 PM
Basic aircraft physics How complicated do you want to get? At its (very) simplest, I'd have four vectors: a constant one for gravity pointing straight down, one perpendicular to the wings for lift, one parallel to the direction of flight for thrust, and a... 
Posted June 14, 2010 8:05:13 PM
RTS (features and story) [snip] Aargh, triple post... make it stop! 
Posted February 22, 2010 10:54:49 PM
RTS (features and story) [snip] Oops, double post somehow... 
Posted February 22, 2010 10:54:42 PM
RTS (features and story) I can't really say I'm a big RTS-player (AoE 1 & 2, Warcraft 2 & 3, and (as of last week) Red Alert 3), but I always thought it'd be neat to be able to have some kind of attack planning a la Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear. You could pre-position your units... 
Posted February 22, 2010 10:50:56 PM
My Country, My Name Awesome. I love the graphical style -- give your artist a pat on the back! -- and the game itself looks like it's a lot of fun. 
Posted December 15, 2009 5:40:34 PM
J2ME to BREW porting I did an internship last summer (that's around December for us, not June like you northern hemisphere weirdos :-P ) with a company that had an application that automated the port from J2ME to BREW. I worked on translating the lcdui packages,... 
Posted June 11, 2008 6:30:20 PM
View All Replies Made By This User