Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know dwarfsoft...  Moderator
Full Name Chris Bennett
Nickname dwarfsoft 
State/Province, Country Queensland   Australia
GD Gathering City Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.dwarfsoft.com/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Lead Programmer 
Job Description Organising the Team and major role in the project-development 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1649  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/5/2000 5:29:48 AM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/dwarfsoft/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
The Future of RPGs
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Group Casting Magic System Hey Guys, It's been a long time since I last posted in here, and that's probably due to Real Life getting the better of me. I am beginning to come untethered again and started thinking more about Game Design and Magic Systems. So background: I... 
Posted June 16, 2010 11:01:02 PM
XNA on the Second Day XNA on the Second DayPosted by: Chris Bennett at March 4, 2009 1:06:51 AMXNA on the Second Day details my exploits on creating a quick-fire Game using XNA with a very limited timeframe. The source and binaries have both been uploaded. Altho... 
Posted March 4, 2009 10:06:51 AM
XNA in a Day... Almost XNA in a Day... AlmostPosted by: dwarfsoft at March 2, 2009 12:32:15 AMI have just spent a day attempting to start as a newbie in XNA from scratch and create something within a standard 8 hours work day. I nearly made it, but maybe I should have call... 
Posted March 3, 2009 12:32:15 AM
Gamers go prime-time on ABC Gamers go prime-time on ABCPosted by: Chris Bennett at September 5, 2006 8:49:54 AMAustralias ABC is set to debut a new TV show for gamers. Scheduled to premiere on the digital-only ABC2 on September 19, Good Game will also be repeated i... 
Posted September 5, 2006 5:49:54 PM
Steve Irwin IS DEAD! Breaking News! Steve Irwin is believed to have been killed by a stingray barb. Knowing how difficult it would be to get stabbed by a stingray barb I find this absolutely unbelievable... however, it is Steve Irwin we are talking about. Condole... 
Posted September 4, 2006 12:37:03 AM
Blizzard's 'Secret Sauce' Blizzard's 'Secret Sauce'Posted by: dwarfsoft at June 6, 2006 9:10:49 AMThe Escapist Magazine is running an article on the foundations of Blizzard, and how a Developer of B-Grade console games go on to be one of the most successful com... 
Posted June 6, 2006 6:10:49 PM
The Wiki of RPGs Everybody, remain calm. It has finally happened (or is still in the process of happening). I have set up the Wiki that I started talking about at least a year (possibly two) ago. The Future of RPGs Wiki - aka - The Wiki of RPGs Now I have to... 
Posted April 29, 2006 7:28:11 AM
Oh teh nos! What have they done to Dave! YOU KILLED HIM! [edit: uploaded to my server, in case it really is missing on gamedev now] [Edited by - dwarfsoft on March 7, 2006 3:12:24 PM] 
Posted March 7, 2006 2:46:12 PM
Home D.I.Y. I was just wondering how many people here prefer to take care of the household problems instead of calling in a professional to do the job? Electrical work? Plumbing? Excavation? Construction? I only write this as I have just dug a hole in se... 
Posted January 17, 2006 4:43:04 AM
An end to the working year! Well, I just finished off my last day of work for this year. And how did this day go? I have just finished eating a fair amount of Pizza and drinking some Crown Lager... Nothing is better than Crownies and Pizza, except maybe Crownies and Crabs. J... 
Posted December 22, 2005 10:07:53 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
"Game devs should avoid forums." WHAAAA? Seems to be fairly good advice. When the forums are less populated, and there is far more signal than noise, you can culture a good fan base by interacting in the forums. Once the community grows you end up with far too many trolls and louts that... 
Posted January 7, 2011 12:09:25 AM
Wimbledon Quote:Original post by Talroth Quote:Original post by Trapper Zoid Clearly the winning strategy is to keep playing the set until all the other players have to drop out to go to the next tournament. That would be a very interesting method of ensu... 
Posted June 24, 2010 1:26:47 AM
Wimbledon That blog was hilarious. Well worth the read. 
Posted June 23, 2010 9:07:01 PM
Wimbledon This is incredible. I can't think that after that much time playing that there would be a lot of enthusiasm left to return a serve, hence more aces. 
Posted June 23, 2010 7:35:45 PM
World Cup 2010 Quote:Original post by LessBread Man, what a nail biter! I was getting angry there towards the end, especially when it looked like the difference was going to be another bad call by the refs. The early shot by Algeria that hit the crossbar served... 
Posted June 23, 2010 5:19:32 PM
What books should every programmer be reading? Quote:Original post by ApochPiQ Quote:Original post by Ryman However, most of the moderator zealots that plague these forums (most that have not completed a game in their lives) will disagree on such thing as a book on game engines. ... 
Posted June 22, 2010 6:50:31 PM
Nerdiest thing you've ever done Quote:Original post by scottrick49 Don't you mean 3? You are starting from zero, right? :D Three would be represented by 00011, as in normal binary. Zero is 00000. And on that note, everytime I get up to 16, cars pull over to give me a lif... 
Posted June 22, 2010 6:29:03 PM
World Cup 2010 Disappointed the Aussies didn't convert all that offensive into another Goal. Now the only possible way to go through is to win against Serbia, and rely on Ghana beating Germany... Long odds from where I sit. Not impossible, just improbable... 
Posted June 21, 2010 1:05:02 AM
Nerdiest thing you've ever done Quote:Original post by Koobs I also avoid finger-binary for fear of the reaction to four. I've never offended anyone, but they usually attempt mock-offense humor ("Well screw you, too! hur hur hur..."), which gets old quick and distracts me from wh... 
Posted June 21, 2010 12:55:21 AM
Present stats for RPGs to imbalanced? Effectively what I get from your post is that the stats are used in such a way that one stat is more useful for "Winning" a game than others, so people gravitate toward beefing up that stat. A solution I would posit is, should there be other... 
Posted June 18, 2010 8:48:52 AM
View All Replies Made By This User