Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Antoche...  
Full Name  
Nickname Antoche 
State/Province, Country    France
GD Gathering City Grenoble, , France
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://antoche.alrj.org/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1027  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/8/2006 7:35:24 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Real-time clouds rendering For those who remember, I once posted an IOTD on clouds rendering, saying I was not quite satisfied with the results. Well, here is something I'm more satisfied with ! ;) Here are some pictures of my new interactive clouds rendering meth... 
Posted January 4, 2008 2:12:15 AM
Real-time realistic stratiform clouds shading This picture show results from the paper I'm about to present at the Eurographics Workshop on Natural Phenomena, titled Real-time realistic illumination and shading of stratiform clouds. The goal is to simulate realistic multiple scattering i... 
Posted August 8, 2006 11:03:25 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Screen Space Water Nice images. Have you seen this: http://artis.imag.fr/Publications/2006/BD06a/ ? 
Posted February 27, 2008 8:08:40 AM
Metaballs II, from paulsprojects.net Quote:Original post by bakery2k1 Do you get an error message? No, it just exits immediately, wihtout writing anything in the console or displaying anything. Quote: Don't geometry shaders require a DirectX 10 GPU? In that case, using them wo... 
Posted February 5, 2008 4:44:35 AM
Metaballs II, from paulsprojects.net Looks really nice, but it doesn't run on my computer. If you wanted it to be as fast as possible, why didn't you use the GPU with geometry shaders ? 
Posted February 4, 2008 4:20:12 AM
Real-time clouds rendering Difficulty of reproducing depends only on me, but I myself depend on my funding, which ends pretty soon ;) So right now I'm writing my thesis, trying to make the technique as clear as possible... The ideas I have on speeding up... 
Posted January 14, 2008 9:50:59 AM
Noise with derivatives That's very interesting. Can you show the same picture with traditional fbm to see what changes does the use of derivatives bring ? 
Posted January 14, 2008 7:39:47 AM
Real-time clouds rendering I really have no worries about speed. As I said already, this is research. The demo is merely there to prove it can work, it's not production code. If it where to be put in a game, I have tons of ideas to make it several times faster. But this is the... 
Posted January 10, 2008 8:44:04 AM
Real-time clouds rendering Krokhin >> It's not the same technique as SunDog's one, so we have different weaknesses. In our case, performance depends more on the fillrate (i.e. number of cloud pixels you see on the screen) than on the sky coverage. For... 
Posted January 8, 2008 1:12:19 PM
Real-time clouds rendering Thanks for the comments. Regarding the "too sharp" remarks, there are two answers I can give: - The first answer is that real cumulus clouds are sharp (see example photograph). Usually, CG clouds are unnaturally too soft and blurry, because it... 
Posted January 7, 2008 9:06:33 AM
Image-Space Subsurface Scattering for Interactive Rendering of Translucent Objects Nice images ! What is the difference between your work and the Translucent Shadow Maps of Dachsbacher & Stamminger ? A. 
Posted September 28, 2007 7:55:23 AM
Nature in computer graphics Working in a research team focused on computer graphics for natural objects, I could not pass this article without commenting. If this is intended to be a survey or state of the art, there is a gaping void in the references. I won't rewrite it,... 
Posted September 14, 2007 8:47:16 AM
View All Replies Made By This User