Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Dingo Games...  
Full Name James Sayer
Nickname Dingo Games 
State/Province, Country British Columbia   Canada
GD Gathering City White Rock, British Columbia, Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.dingogames.com/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1072  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/28/2004 4:18:01 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Three Musketeers RPG Released Just spreading the word about my new game, The Three Musketeers: The Game for Mac and Windows. It's an action-RPG based on the original novel by Alexander Dumas. It was programmed in C++ and uses the Playground SDK (made by PlayFirst). If you ha... 
Posted October 16, 2009 9:09:25 PM
Tasty Planet This is my newly released game Tasty Planet. You start off as a microscopic ball of grey goo and gradually eat bigger and bigger things. Soon you're eating cars, houses, and even the entire planet. It's sort of like Katamari Damacy meets Feeding Fren... 
Posted December 7, 2006 2:50:50 PM
Tasty Planet: Eat Everything in the World Hi game devers, I recently released my latest game Tasty Planet. It could be described as 2d Katamari Damacy. Or maybe Katamari meets Feeding Frenzy/Shark Shark. Here is the press release: Tasty Planet: Eat Everything in the World November 29th... 
Posted November 29, 2006 7:00:59 PM
Laser Dolphin Released Hey everyone, I have just released my latest game, Laser Dolphin. I posted a beta version of my game here a month or two ago. Thanks to everyone who gave feedback - I tried to include as much as I could. The idea behind the game is that you play... 
Posted February 17, 2005 12:10:09 AM
Laser Dolphin Beta Hi everyone, my current project "Laser Dolphin" is almost done. I was hoping some of you could test it out and tell me what you think. Download Laser Dolphin Pictures: Title Screen Screen Shot 1 Screen Shot 2 Wallpaper A few specific... 
Posted December 11, 2004 2:36:12 AM
New space adventure game: Jack of All Trades Hello Game Devers, I recently finished version 1.0 of my game Jack of All Trades. It is a 2d space game with action, trading, plot, and more. I would appreciate feedback on it. What did you like, what didn't you like? What do you think ne... 
Posted January 28, 2004 4:31:25 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
The Three Musketeers: The Game Public Beta Feedback Request Quote:Original post by Vaseghi This looks amazing! May I ask what libraries you are using? Sure. It's programmed in C++. It uses Playground SDK (developer.playfirst.com), which is a free 2d graphics and sound library aimed at making casual ga... 
Posted September 7, 2009 4:49:35 PM
Tasty Planet Quote:Original post by rileyriley Surely there are 40 levels of different sized things in order between bacteria and planets? Yes that's true. The problem then would be in content creation - it takes a lot of work to create all the different things... 
Posted December 8, 2006 5:24:06 PM
Tasty Planet: Eat Everything in the World Quote:Original post by Seriema I'm not seeing any labels on the buttons :( I've had someone else tell me this but I haven't been able to figure it out. What OS are you running (I'm assuming Windows, but which version)? Can you try this debug v... 
Posted December 7, 2006 10:21:41 PM
Tasty Planet Quote:Original post by Evil Steve Looks pretty cool. Only thing that annoys me slightly - Don't use DirectInput for GUI style mouse movement! You lose the pointer balistics that Windows has, and there's no advantage at all. It also looks li... 
Posted December 7, 2006 10:00:24 PM
Tasty Planet: Eat Everything in the World Oh yeah, I forgot about the image of the day thing. I posted some images there too. Quote:Original post by James Gregory I keep getting a bug whereby once I am in the game proper (not in the menus) the guy automatically starts moving down an... 
Posted December 6, 2006 3:29:23 PM
Tasty Planet: Eat Everything in the World Thanks for trying it out. Obviously there are lots of similarities with Katamari. And I don't think that's a bad thing. But I think that calling it a 'clone' is a bit extreme. Can a 2d game really be an identical clone to a 3d game? If you ignore... 
Posted December 3, 2006 12:38:34 AM
My approach to selling games Doing face to face marketing can certainly work.. however, it might be hard to make your money back by passing out demo disks, just because of the costs involved in making the disks. If you're going to a softball event, I think that it would be m... 
Posted June 10, 2005 3:49:43 PM
Laser Dolphin Swims into Action! Quote: I wish I had some art skills like that I am mainly a programmer, but I have managed to learn enough art skills to get by. Just takes a bit of practice. Quote: I guess you're using OGL and my OGL is borked because I get double images l... 
Posted June 4, 2005 5:44:05 PM
Laser Dolphin Swims into Action! Quote:Original post by Moe how long was Laser Dolphin in development, and how many people worked on it? I developed the whole game myself (except for music). Art in Blender/GIMP, programming in Visual C++ .NET. I worked on it for ab... 
Posted June 2, 2005 10:36:05 PM
Laser Dolphin Swims into Action! Hi everyone, I'm the developer of Laser Dolphin. Thanks for the kind comments. @SumDude: I did post an early version of the game on these forums.. that was probably back in December. @Moe: Sales have been pretty good, thanks to feature a... 
Posted May 31, 2005 7:39:39 PM
View All Replies Made By This User