Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know googa...  
Full Name Gustavo Broering Duarte
Nickname googa 
State/Province, Country Santa Catarina   Brazil
GD Gathering City Lages, Santa Catarina, Brazil
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.wonderquest.co.nr 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1032  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/22/2002 10:46:32 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Wonderquest, an Addictive free Turn-Based/Strategy game. Hi, I'm a 2D/3D game programmer from Brazil, and would like to announce the release of my new game: Wonderquest. Wonderquest is 100% free Turn-based/Strategy game. A story of nine people, from all around the world: A Beggar from USA. A Trekker... 
Posted July 3, 2006 12:03:21 PM
The best 2D engine nowadays.. Hi, I'm a 3d/2d game programmer. What I want to know is what's the best, free, and POWERFULL, 2D engine available at this time? I always used DirectDraw to make my 2D games. But now I want an engine capable of handling alpha transparency, rotation... 
Posted May 7, 2006 6:51:56 PM
Get application state. Hi, I'm programming a game here, and I have a problem: How can get the current application state (active/inactive) from within the game loop. (Windowed and full-screen). This is probably a very easy question, but I tried google in vain. Al... 
Posted April 26, 2006 2:15:45 AM
Drawpixel Problem What is wrong with my directdraw drawpixel function? #define _RGB16BIT565(r,g,b) ((b%32) + ((g%64) << 5) + ((r%32) << 11)) class CPixel { public: USHORT *Buffer; int MemPitch; inline void Plot(CPoint pt, UCHAR red, UCHA... 
Posted February 11, 2006 11:23:16 AM
Finishing a game - Text correction I think this is a rather unusual question. My name is Gustavo, I'm a 2d/3d game programmer, and I'm finishing my puzzle game called WonderQuest: There's a growing community around it: http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewboard.php?BoardID=9... 
Posted February 8, 2006 1:11:09 PM
Couple Questions (Finishing a game) Hi, I'm almost done with my game, and I have 3 possibly easy questions: 1) How do I set the icon of my exe file? (I'm using visual c++ 6.0, Directx) 2) How can I create a link to open its webpage from inside my game? 3) What is the best complet... 
Posted January 26, 2006 2:27:27 PM
WonderQuest Hi, I am finishing a game called "WonderQuest" (~85% to completition), and need help with the following: *Playtesters *Sound and music *Graphics. *Level Creators *Web page creation The game will be freely available on Internet for dow... 
Posted November 1, 2005 8:49:06 PM
Multiple keys in java Hi, Can anyone help me.. I want to know how is the best way to know about a key state in java, if it´s pressed or not. (I´m a c++ programmer, java beginner). like GetKeystate() in c++.. THANKS A LOT!  
Posted July 4, 2005 5:59:54 PM
WonderQuest - Help Needed Hi, my name is Gustavo Broering Duarte. I am finishing a game called "WonderQuest" (~85% to completition), and need help with the following: *Playtesters *Sound and music *Graphics. *Level Creators *Web page creation The game will be freel... 
Posted June 19, 2005 8:03:18 PM
Distributing Fonts with Game? Hi, I have a problem.. How do i do to publish a game on internet with its own GDI font? Does this font need to be installed on the user system? For example I´m using : Txt.CreateFnt( FI_FUTURA, "Futura", 18); void CText::CreateF... 
Posted June 13, 2005 7:21:05 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Wonderquest, an Addictive free Turn-Based/Strategy game. John, I sent you an email. Just to make sure you got it. 
Posted September 2, 2006 1:17:57 AM
Wonderquest, an Addictive free Turn-Based/Strategy game. Valeu Cara. :) The graphics are a bit simple, because all the efforts were focused on challenges/addictiveness/gameplay. 
Posted July 16, 2006 6:03:16 PM
Wonderquest, an Addictive free Turn-Based/Strategy game. Hi Gauvir, you can customize the controls on the option screen. Click in the notebook default button, or set the configuration you prefer. I don't think it's a good idea to use the arrow keys, because you will need to use the diagonal move a... 
Posted July 9, 2006 3:16:04 PM
Wonderquest, an Addictive free Turn-Based/Strategy game. Quote:Original post by Ezbez I'm really enjoying the game! It's quite fun. Thanks Ezbez. Any problem, just post in the game forum.  
Posted July 6, 2006 4:16:58 PM
Wonderquest, an Addictive free Turn-Based/Strategy game. Quote:Original post by Andrea81 How's for.... A Pizzaman from Italy. :) Heh, :) There was an Italian girl previously, but she was removed. (Too much Characters I guess). The history of the game is inspired in the series Lost. Which several peo... 
Posted July 3, 2006 4:12:53 PM
Wonderquest, an Addictive free Turn-Based/Strategy game. Thanks Bschneid, have fun. No Valles, this game was made using an engine of mine using C++/DirectX. It's only inspired by DROD. If you check the game forum, you'll see that the DROD staff is providing it's web space. Plus, This game was devel... 
Posted July 3, 2006 3:45:51 PM
The best 2D engine nowadays.. Well, thanks everyone for the answers, specially for the code. I think I'll work around with Direct3dSprite and OpenGL a little bit. 
Posted May 8, 2006 1:23:05 PM
The best 2D engine nowadays.. OK, I think I didn't express clearly before: :-) I'm finishing my 2d game right now. Made with DDraw here. My next game is also 2D, but I need alpha blending, rotation, intensive use of UI. The question is where should I go, which direct... 
Posted May 7, 2006 8:54:38 PM
The best 2D engine nowadays.. DDraw is certainly dead, but still fast. I made a test with Direct3dsprite, but it appeared to me to be very slow. Is it worth to learn? Any library based on it? no problem for a library to use DX or OpenGL, all I don't want is to have to code... 
Posted May 7, 2006 7:39:26 PM
Lumina Space Shooter Gostei da bandeirinha! ;-) (I'm just telling him I liked the small flag, I'm Brazilian too). 
Posted April 26, 2006 2:24:17 PM
View All Replies Made By This User