Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know kumikana...  
Full Name  
Nickname kumikana 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.kloonigames.com/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1138  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/4/2002 5:26:57 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Crayon Physics For over ten months now I've been running this blog called Kloonigames. Idea of the blog is, that each month I try to crank out an experimental game (I try to create these games in under a week). Crayon Physics is my tenth experimental game and it wa... 
Posted June 10, 2007 1:40:26 PM
SDL and cursor position outside the window I'm using SDL and I'm trying to find a way to read the mouse position when cursor is outside the application window. I've tried using SDL_MOUSEMOTION -event but it only returns the position when mouse cursor is inside the application window. As... 
Posted June 10, 2007 5:26:36 AM
The Truth About Game Development For six months I've been running this blog called Kloonigames. And the idea of the blog is that every month I release an experimental done-in-a-week game. The Truth About Game Development is my sixth game and it's a game about creating games. In... 
Posted February 14, 2007 3:56:45 PM
Pluto Strikes Back Few months back I started this blog called Kloonigames. It's a blog where I release every month an experimental game done in under 7 days. Pluto Strikes Back is the third game that I have released and it's the first I one I did especially for th... 
Posted November 2, 2006 8:48:53 PM
Kloonigames Blog - Monthly Experimental Games Inspired by the Experimental Gameplay Project, I started a blog where I release experimental freeware games monthly. Kloonigames Blog website: http://www.kloonigames.com/blog/ I develop these games and I always try to prototype new forms of ga... 
Posted September 11, 2006 8:53:17 AM
Jimmy's Lost His Marbles Jimmy's Lost His Marbles Marbles is a game I made in the development style of Experimental Gameplay Project. I was inspired when I read the Gamasutra article How to Prototype a Game in Under 7 Days and decided I had to give this a shot. Marbles... 
Posted June 19, 2006 10:01:00 AM
Pic -> You'r da man Painted from a reference with a mouse in Photoshop. Some criticue would be nice. [edited by - kumikana on June 7, 2003 12:11:22 AM] 
Posted June 8, 2003 12:10:27 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
4k SS Ambient Occlusion and Julia Wow that's great prod. Julia sets are so beautiful. Can you clear out one thing. On pouet.net it says that your 4kb intro won the bcnparty 2007. But on your site you wrote that you came in second? So which is it? Which ever it i... 
Posted October 28, 2007 10:19:47 AM
FastLSM soft body physics (source code available) This is really cool. I saw this when the SIGGRAPH papers were published. Huge thanks for sharing the 2D source code. I don't know if I'm considered "qualified game developer", but I might be interested in making a small game using the engine. I'l... 
Posted September 24, 2007 1:26:29 PM
Crayon Physics Thanks everybody for your comments and support. Quote:Original post by Avatar God I can't help you with a DS port, but I will offer my moral support by playing the rest of your games [smile]. I also see your level editor, which is pretty cool. Ni... 
Posted September 17, 2007 4:40:02 AM
Crayon Physics Wow, I thought that this thread was buried a long time ago. I had no idea that there were this many replies in the thread. Thank you everybody who took the time to play the game and to write a comment. And it's fun to see that this made the image... 
Posted September 16, 2007 12:08:06 PM
SDL and cursor position outside the window Thanks for the suggestion. I tested it but unfortunately it doesn't work. The SDL_GetRelativeMouseState -function also stops updating if you move your mouse cursor out of the window. I'm pretty certain that the only way to do is by breaking... 
Posted June 13, 2007 5:13:00 PM
Crayon Physics ZippoLag: Thanks a lot for the feedback. I'll have to test the irregular shapes thing. You still have to simplify a lot of the shapes, but I think it can be done without eating too much of CPU power. TrillianThanks. On the fullscreen issue, J... 
Posted June 13, 2007 2:47:19 AM
Crayon Physics Thanks everybody for the positive feedback. Glad to see so many people enjoying the game. Yesterday I posted a blog post describing my future plans for Crayon Physics. Basically I just said that I'll try to release a level editor for the game duri... 
Posted June 12, 2007 7:26:19 AM
Crayon Physics Thanks everybody for the encouraging words. Quote:Original post by JD557 I sure would like to see something like that on a NDS or Wii! Yeah, I'd also like to see Crayon Physics on Nintendo DS. But that's not really my call. I'd also... 
Posted June 11, 2007 2:17:55 AM
SDL and cursor position outside the window Thanks everybody for your response. I'm making an action game were the character follows the mouse cursor. If the game is runing in a windowed mode, the controls lag or stop completely if the mouse cursor moves outside the window. This is really... 
Posted June 11, 2007 1:53:54 AM
Crayon Physics Thanks for the feedback. I would really like to implement the custom shapes since they would give the user so much more freedom. Unfortunately I don't know if I'll have the time do it and I don't know if the physics engine can handle a huge number of... 
Posted June 10, 2007 4:01:52 PM
View All Replies Made By This User