Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Hellsp4wn...  
Full Name Jørgen Nystad
Nickname Hellsp4wn 
State/Province, Country    Norway
GD Gathering City Trondheim, , Norway
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.screamtech.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Student 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1019  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/9/2003 2:20:49 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
GLSL: Why does this work? I was fiddling with some code, trying to create billboards with GLSL, and I saw this tutorial where they passed the cam-up and cam-right vectors as uniforms. Since I didn't have those vectors easy at hand yet, I just wrote a temporary camUp and camRi... 
Posted September 24, 2006 1:16:18 PM
Center cursor to client area I feel like an idiot, so I'm asking this in "For Beginners"... How exactly can one calculate the center of a window's client area? The GetClientRect-function does for some reason return the rectangle in client space (!!!), so the left and... 
Posted August 28, 2006 5:01:50 PM
C++ IDE I'm in search of a new free C++ IDE. I'm currently using Dev-C++, and it's ok, but after I've been using Eclipse (for Java) for a while, I feel some things are missing in Dev-C++. There are a lot of extra features in Eclipse related to formatting of... 
Posted May 4, 2006 5:25:28 AM
Slant asymptote Not really related to game programming, so feel free to ignore this post. If you're still reading, then I ask for your help with a small part of my math assignment concerning slant asymptotes. My task is to find the m and b in the equation: ... 
Posted September 23, 2005 12:01:45 PM
Web page price I know this is a very vague question, but I was wondering how much I could expect to get for designing and scripting a web page for a company that mainly contains a time table management system, where the employees can check their working hours and t... 
Posted July 6, 2004 5:38:55 PM
English 101 Well, I got an itch in my two index fingers, so I decided to write this rather long post about something that’s been bugging me a while. I’m not saying that I’m the english professor that never makes any spelling or grammar mista... 
Posted October 13, 2003 2:14:33 PM
WM_MOUSEHOVER Why won’t the WM_MOUSEHOVER post? I use TrackMouseEvent to (supposedly) activate the WM_MOUSEHOVER message on a subclassed button control. I never get that message, anyone have any idea what can be wrong? To activate the thing: TRA... 
Posted June 15, 2003 6:04:53 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Students try to invent a new video game controller Quote:Original post by krez i hopw they soon make it a disease/syndrome to be a rude asshole; then i won't have to worry about offending people because nobody can be blamed for being sick. You shouldn't. Then they will probably try to cure you, a... 
Posted March 3, 2007 2:04:16 PM
How to prevent shadows to penetrate walls? OrangyTang is right. If the wall casts shadows like other objects, shadows won't "penetrate" walls. Just try it ^^ (remember that walls need to have a facing face in both directions for this to work, like blakedev said).  
Posted December 5, 2006 7:16:13 AM
having the bots face the player float angle = arccos(bx * px) * 180.0f / PI; Would this perhaps be more correct (assuming bx * px is the dot-product)? EDIT: I might have gotten this wrong. What exactly is bx and px? 
Posted September 21, 2006 1:41:05 PM
Rasteroid now free as in beer It seems sarcasm is more appreciated (and understood) in Europe, or...? 
Posted September 20, 2006 5:31:03 AM
Shiver me timbers! Python 2.5 ho! It's actually an international "holiday" 
Posted September 20, 2006 5:17:55 AM
Entity Management You do realize that the pointer to an object can easily be used to identify it? Instead of assigning it a totally different integer value, you may just use the unique value that is the pointer. If you get my meaning. 
Posted September 12, 2006 6:16:47 AM
Center cursor to client area And there was the obvious solution I had a feeling existed somewhere. Thx =) 
Posted August 29, 2006 4:36:04 AM
Center cursor to client area I realized I just answered my own question. I can get the border width using my own code, and get the titlebar height using GetTitleBarInfo, so now I have both the things I need. Thanks for the help, though =) 
Posted August 28, 2006 6:21:28 PM
Center cursor to client area This would have worked if AdjustWindowRect had worked the way it's supposed to. But it doesn't accommodate correctly for borders, for some reason. I've realized this earlier, so I wrote some custom code to make the window size correct. But I can't... 
Posted August 28, 2006 6:09:25 PM
Plasma Pong 1.2 I agree with Benco. When I play in windowed mode, it's a bit distracting when I press the mouse in a different window, and something else pops up in front of the game. So, a mouse lock would be nice =) Anyway, great game! I really like the visual... 
Posted May 11, 2006 4:55:41 AM
View All Replies Made By This User