Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Foobar of Integers...  
Full Name  
Nickname Foobar of Integers 
State/Province, Country NY   United States
GD Gathering City Buffalo, NY, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL google 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID ControllerSphere 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1102  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/30/2005 12:42:47 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Per-Pixel Lighting and MD2 model demo This is a per-pixel lighting OpenGL Shading Language shader that I coded up after realizing that regular lights wouldn't work on my 2-poly floor. The effect turned out very nice, and it supports texturing and whatnot, at a decent framerate &... 
Posted June 18, 2006 12:53:27 AM
Help with RMI So, I have a small RMI demo app which has a few classes, Server, Client and NetworkInterface (which is the interface that the Server publishes to the RMI registry) Server starts up, sets up RMI, just sits idly in a thread, which is exactly what I... 
Posted April 27, 2007 12:52:08 PM
Help picking a system to develop on This sounds a tad weird, I know... I'm looking to learn more about low level stuff, maybe try my hand at writing a graphics library, write a bit of assembly, etc. I'm looking for a machine to develop for, one where I have full access to the h... 
Posted January 4, 2007 12:14:29 AM
Neural network uses So, I wrote a 3 layer feed-forward neural network (Pretty much identical with what's in AI For Game Developers, with much cleaner code) and I'm trying to think of a good use for it, like a "game" that it can play and you can see it learn. Right no... 
Posted November 6, 2006 12:19:12 PM
What's this thing on my ceiling? Picture: http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00156pz2.jpg This is on the ceiling in my bathroom, in a small apartment. On the bottom it says "DO NOT PAINT", like the two smoke detectors and the CO detector in the other two rooms.... 
Posted November 1, 2006 10:05:01 PM
Visual Studio 2005 versus 2003.NET What's the difference? I need to be able to do a C# .NET project that hooks in with some VB.NET code that other people wrote. I know 2003.NET can do this, but can 2005? I have both ($5 each, I <3 student discounts) I've been using 2003.NET... 
Posted October 2, 2006 3:49:41 PM
Anyone use XCode? I've got a problem It helps if you've used the older versions of XCode. I'm trying to get it to compile my SDL + OpenGL applications, but it's being annoying. Remember in the pre-2.0 (I think... maybe pre 2.2) versions of XCode there was a window that came up when y... 
Posted September 18, 2006 5:14:00 PM
using glReadPixels() on a texture I've got an interesting little problem here... I'm making an isometric tile map in GL, which is working quite well, but I need to be able to figure out which tile a point lies on. The way I chose to do this was via a "mouse map" picture, with... 
Posted July 1, 2006 7:39:57 PM
Quick GLSL uniform variable question I'm working on my per-pixel lighting shader, and I'm trying to get it to support more than one light Normally it always used gl_LightSource[0] for all the calculations. This worked fine, and hardly reduced the framerate (about 60 FPS ... 
Posted April 22, 2006 9:37:40 PM
Weird specular lighting on floor I'm having a bit of trouble getting my floor to light up at all. Here's a screen: http://img194.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture41fq.png The light is built using the code: float light_position[4] = {0.0f, 1.1f, 0.0f, 1.0f}; float ligh... 
Posted April 22, 2006 4:00:57 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Help with RMI I found a tutorial on the net that might answer my question, so I'm gonna play with that for the night.  
Posted April 27, 2007 6:56:27 PM
Help with RMI I don't see what could be going wrong for you, but I exported the Eclipse project as a jar here and put it in the same directory as those .java files. Also, I don't want to just post the code here, it's too long. 
Posted April 27, 2007 4:59:44 PM
Help with RMI It's a problem with the classpath, I think. Don't run it from the directory with the .class files, go up a directory and do java rmidemo/Server Don't forget to run "rmiregistry 1119" in another console before you start the server 
Posted April 27, 2007 3:30:41 PM
Help with RMI It's a bit clunky to open up 5 rafb/paste windows, so here, I uploaded all the .java files: http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~dhf2/rmidemo/ Client and Server are obvious (they both have main methods, when I run this I open up three consoles, on... 
Posted April 27, 2007 2:00:29 PM
Why use low rez textures in distance? Is it unnecessary to use the low resolution texture if you generate mipmaps for your normal textures?  
Posted April 17, 2007 2:01:59 PM
code signing - do I need to do it? I wouldn't be surprised. At the very least it would repeatedly ask you if you're sure until you punch the computer. 
Posted April 3, 2007 3:42:51 PM
help me...urgent...how to make my program run faster Not only are you loading 28 megabytes from your hard drive, which would take a few seconds at least, but you're asking the computer to allocate 28 megabytes of memory to you, and I imagine do some kind of processing on the data (put it in s... 
Posted April 3, 2007 2:45:40 PM
please help me!!!All The steps to make a game Making games is actually very simple. I'll outline the steps: 1. Post a topic asking about how to make an MMORPG 2. Use Visual C++ 2005. On the top left of the interface there's a "Game" wizard. It will ask you what kind of game you want to m... 
Posted March 5, 2007 12:49:59 PM
What are most popular games coded in? Actually, this is not well known, but C++ supports up to 32 colors in G++ if you use the -fextra_colors flag. They're apparently planning to add support for up to 256 with the next release! Also, professional MMORPGs such as World of Warcraft are... 
Posted February 24, 2007 6:31:57 PM
glLightfv: cant move my light!!! I think I found your problem. (Or, at least, a problem) After putting an obscene amount of GL debugging in your program, I have found that OpenGL is generating a GL_INVALID_ENUM in main() on the line glutCreateWindow("Test Window"); the... 
Posted January 22, 2007 7:04:09 PM
View All Replies Made By This User