Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know sfxman...  
Full Name Matthieu Laban
Nickname sfxman 
State/Province, Country Ile-de-France   France
GD Gathering City Paris, Ile-de-France, France
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://matt-online.homeip.net 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1027  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/26/2002 11:50:17 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Flight Simulator Project The Flight Simulator Project is an aircraft simulator program I started developing in May 2004. It features: - Several aircraft types (Cessna 172SP, 210 Centurion, Citation CJ1, Piper J3 (Tail dragger), Cessna 421C, Piper PA28 ...) - Weather them... 
Posted September 19, 2005 5:09:42 PM
Question on UDP with IPV6 Hi, I’m develloping a network library for my game and i have a probleme when working with udp. I’ve seen in examples from microsoft that they use udp transmissions with send and recv instead of sendto and recvfrom, but i’d lik... 
Posted February 26, 2002 12:00:04 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Flight Simulator Project Quote:Original post by Undeadlnsanity I apologise for the time it's taken me to get abck to you, I've just had a lot on at work recently. I'm getting the same error in both the recent and the previous versions. If you need any more informatio... 
Posted October 25, 2005 1:06:34 PM
Flight Simulator Project Quote:Original post by Undeadlnsanity I can't run the latest version, I get an error once everything has been loaded. Screenshot The screenshots look really nice, just wish I could play it. Hello, I know this version is broken, tr... 
Posted October 16, 2005 1:18:33 PM
Flight Simulator Project Quote:Original post by Eelco the clouds in the lowerleft pic look pretty awesome. Thanx :) They need work, I think this is going to be the next thing I'll focus on... 
Posted October 8, 2005 5:26:56 AM
Flight Simulator Project Quote:Original post by fredrik90 Quote:Original post by sfxman hehe, thanks but I wouldn't go that far though I'm a rookie in 3D modelling, and the interior design of the planes needs a looooot of work, especially on the texturing :) M.... 
Posted October 7, 2005 3:48:28 PM
Flight Simulator Project Quote:Original post by vgmtech I like it alot! The models look better then microsoft! hehe, thanks but I wouldn't go that far though I'm a rookie in 3D modelling, and the interior design of the planes needs a looooot of work, especially o... 
Posted October 6, 2005 7:14:47 PM
Flight Simulator Project Quote:Original post by fredrik90 Looking very good. are programming a small flightsim myself, but I try t program all of the physic my self(for learning) and I use OpenGL :) But this looks very good. And to be a one man project, it flys very... 
Posted September 28, 2005 2:27:09 PM
Flight Simulator Project Quote:Original post by adriano_usp The lighting + haze shader provided a very impressive effect. It seems radiosity. How many lights did you use in your scene? Very good work! Thanks ! There is only one light in the scene, the rest... 
Posted September 23, 2005 3:12:07 AM
Flight Simulator Project Quote:Original post by Luke Philpot Looks good, but the download link on your site is dead :( Hum, account problem, this is fixed now ... (you shouldn't get fast dl rates though =/ sorry about that)  
Posted September 19, 2005 8:40:16 PM
Flight Simulator Project Quote:Original post by Sir Sapo Awesome, nice to have another airman on Gamedev[grin]! BTW, I downloaded your program, but I still need to update my DirectX to run it, but it looks pretty sharp from the screens I've seen. okay :) Let me kno... 
Posted September 19, 2005 8:28:35 PM
Flight Simulator Project Quote:Original post by Sir Sapo Wow, thats pretty awesome. I learned to fly in a J3 Cub, so the physics better be right[wink]. Hehe, I'm not sure the physics are a 100% accurate :) It's all tweakable though via an in-game flight model editor so... 
Posted September 19, 2005 6:30:01 PM
View All Replies Made By This User