Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know RPGeezus...  
Full Name Marion 
Nickname RPGeezus 
State/Province, Country    Canada
GD Gathering City Ottawa, , Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.nentari.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Product Developer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1077  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/19/2002 1:00:18 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Rampy These are screen shots from Rampy. Rampy is an online multiplayer castle to castle combat game that you can play in your web browser. It's totally free, there are no advertisements, no pop-ups, no gimmiks. I loved Rampart, and wanted to play... 
Posted May 9, 2006 8:58:36 PM
Java and network IO I recently put my game, Rampy, up for play. It's written in Java, and the client is an applet. It's using Java 1.5, and TCP/IP. I have a thread (first mistake I bet) which listens for incoming network traffic. When it receives data, it makes 's... 
Posted April 25, 2006 11:27:54 AM
Rampart clone These are images of a Rampart clone that I've been working on. Rampart was released by Atari in 1990, and has been ported to almost every platform under the sun. My version is written in Java, as an applet, and will allow for multiplayer ove... 
Posted April 6, 2006 10:19:01 PM
Java Rampart clone These are some screen shots from Rampy, a Java version of the arcade game Rampart. I've been working on it for the past few weeks, and am pretty much done the graphics side of things, so thought I might as well post some images. Most of the... 
Posted April 6, 2006 10:18:33 PM
Old-school racing games This a bit of an odd question, but if anyone remembers the game "Pole Position" then you might be able to help answer it. My question is this: How did Pole Position render the track? I KNOW they were using a trick of some sort. What was the... 
Posted March 18, 2005 2:41:38 PM
Download my chess program I decided to put my chess program, ChessPig, up for download. You can get it at: http://69.198.170.218/ Probably tonight I'll add some graphs and notes I made when evaluating the performance of different chess optimizations. There are... 
Posted March 11, 2005 9:29:13 AM
3D Wireframe tank game, download it 69.198.170.218/cell/index.wml I'm leaving my server running for the day and have decided to let anyone who wants it have a copy of 'Tank Commander', my 3D Tank game. Tank Commander is 'market ready', in that it is a full-blown game, polished an... 
Posted March 3, 2005 10:06:57 AM
State-based AI in a constrained environment In the Consoles and PDA forum I posted a link to a MIDP (cell-phone) game I wrote. The enemy AI uses layers of state tables, something I've posted about a number of times in this forum. If anyone is intersted in seeing the behaviour layers of sta... 
Posted March 3, 2005 11:43:50 AM
Stereo Image processing, depth maps [corrected spelling mistakes] Not stricly an AI question, more of a computer vision question, but this seems to be the appropriate forum. Just for kicks I've been mucking about with stereo image processing.. I have a program that can examine tw... 
Posted August 23, 2004 1:54:43 PM
Test for randomness I'm trying to make a list of tests for randomess. If anybody knows of anything please post. Specifically, I'm interested in very fast tests for randomness. By fast I mean computationally inexpensive. Let me start with this: Create a hist... 
Posted August 30, 2004 11:29:40 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Adaptive Game AI Scripted enemy behaviour, and well thought-out level design, are tried and true methods that give a testable product with low CPU overhead. Product Verification is time consuming enough, as is. There is another side to this: If I'm playing a firs... 
Posted December 5, 2006 12:36:41 PM
AI for poker, chess I think you'd probably want to approach Chess and Poker differently. One is a game of perfect knowledge, and the other is a game of imperfect knowledge. Most Chess programs use a Game Tree, and not neural nets. Even Chess programs that have... 
Posted November 29, 2006 11:23:03 AM
Pong3d for mobile devices Well done. Is there any depth sorting, or do you draw the walls, paddle, then ball?  
Posted September 29, 2006 3:47:56 PM
Ironfoot RTS Content Pack #1 At that price, you're models are an excellent deal. They also look really nice, and was glad to see them here. :) I think some people in here need a reality check when it comes to commercial content. Just a single photograph (very high-res, mind... 
Posted September 28, 2006 11:26:33 AM
Q. Limitation of the flight space First thing: use a state based approach for tactics, so you can have a 'pursue', 'intercept', 'attack' mode for your planes. To make your plane avoid crashing in to it's target: Instead of having your plane fly directly at the target aircraft, ha... 
Posted August 28, 2006 9:55:31 AM
alphabeta - interitive deepening Normally if you implement Iterative Deepening, you keep track of the best line of play on each iteration. When you re-search, you search the best line first. So, short answer: No, you don't limit the search ordering to the first ply onl... 
Posted June 28, 2006 3:24:15 PM
cryptography in videogames I'm just going to assume that your professor isn't crazy, and that he's not asking you to find an example of machine learning AND assymetric cryptography as PART of a gameplay experience. Some people use public keys as part of a copy protection sc... 
Posted June 19, 2006 11:56:37 AM
Chess Moves Storage There is a very common way of sorting captures by their importance called MVV/LVA. Most Valuable Victim, Least Valuable Attacker. The idea is that a pawn capturing a queen is much more profitable (in terms of potential cut-offs) than a queen ca... 
Posted May 25, 2006 10:34:42 AM
Plasma Pong 1.2 Well done! Looks awesome. It makes me actually want to play pong. The sandbox mode was a really good idea. You did some fine work. It sure beats the home-made console version. ;) Will 
Posted May 10, 2006 8:20:17 PM
2.5D for Nowhere Else And Beyond LOL!!! That is fantastic. I laughed so hard when i saw that; very clever. You're site looks good too! Will 
Posted May 9, 2006 10:15:22 PM
View All Replies Made By This User