Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know vrihai...  
Full Name Mohamed Hailam
Nickname vrihai 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://hairakiri.webs.com/portfolio/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1048  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/19/2002 4:33:16 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Zweryte Fragment Working title. A platformer/fighter I've been working on for sometime now. The game is being created in Flash with Actionscript 2.0. MTASC is used to compile the code. Most of the stuff I've learnt come from Tony Pa's Tutorials and from MU... 
Posted June 22, 2007 4:23:09 PM
Spare No Evil This is the game I worked on for 4E6. Obviously I didn't meet the deadline. :) I continued to work on it after the contest ended and completed it on 31st Oct 2008. - 7 different enemies and 4 boss characters - 3 levels (yea..) ... 
Posted November 4, 2008 7:57:52 PM
[4E6] Spare No Evil I'll think of a less generic title later :) Yea, this is for 4E and I've been working on it since 20th December 2007. Its a little idea I got off a small flipbook animation I made back in September. Got nearly everything sketched and figured... 
Posted March 14, 2008 2:35:07 PM
How should I design a multiplayer tetris game? Should I use peer-to-peer or a client_server method for this game?. I'm want to add network multi-player support to a game I'll be converting from VB to C++. - The game supports up to 4-players on screen at once. (up to 4 boards) - P... 
Posted December 28, 2004 3:25:44 AM
Yet another pong clone.. This is the first complete game I've written in C++ using SDL. You can find screenshots and downloads here. I'm kinda new to OOP, so if you happen to read the source, I'd really appreciate some feedback on the layout and structure of the p... 
Posted December 16, 2004 2:20:37 AM
How do I put numbers into a string? I want to display the FPS in my program and I'm passing a char* to my text blitter function, but I can't find any help documentation on putting the int values in a string/char. 
Posted November 28, 2004 3:01:05 AM
How do you flip sprites with SDL? I want to use the same sprites when a character turns. But the BlitSurface function doesn't support mirroring the way GDI Stretchblt does. Any suggestions? 
Posted November 24, 2004 11:23:09 PM
SDL_SetColors or SDL_SetPalette for color animation Which one should I use if I wanted to animate the colors of an 8-bit sprite? Or draw multiple instances of the same sprite with different colors for each (eg. NPCs in an rpg, same character on both sides in a 1-on-1 fighting game). I've... 
Posted November 21, 2004 10:34:15 PM
How do I launch MS Access from VB6 ? I’m making a front-end for an Access database, and I want to open Access when the user double clicks on an item in a query. But I can’t use the ’Shell’ command because lots of PCs have different executable paths. Is... 
Posted January 22, 2004 1:08:32 AM
Palettes in DirectX If its not possible to use 8-bit/4bit paletted surfaces in DirectX while in 16-bit or higher color depths, how do those console emulators do it? Do they use pixel-by-pixel plotting or use GDI behind the scenes or something? 
Posted February 19, 2003 6:01:41 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Zweryte Fragment Still working on the game. I checked out Bad Dudes, turns out it was created by the same devs behind Two Crude Dudes. A fun game where you could literally pick up and throw anything.  
Posted December 28, 2009 10:49:00 PM
Royalty Free Instrumental Notes? Try this link. http://www.kiarchive.ru/pub/misc/sounds/ Site's disclaimer. It was mentioned in this thread btw. You need tracking software like FastTracker or ModPlug to be able to use them though. You can play specific notes with ModPlug Tr... 
Posted November 28, 2009 1:54:21 PM
Realtime Raytracing for Massive Models Wow. That's a whole lot of stuff in real-time, without GPU too. 
Posted July 10, 2009 4:38:12 AM
Neuroarena - multiplayer online realtime strategy ... in FLASH ) Looks awesome! Great looking artwork and interface. Somehow it reminds me of Total Annihilation. 
Posted May 8, 2009 12:10:07 AM
Temple (16 bit hdr rnm) Incredible stuff as always. 
Posted March 16, 2009 6:30:45 PM
Spare No Evil Thanks! I tried uploading an EXE projector of the flash, but for some reason it won't work. Something wrong with the webhost, I guess. 
Posted November 6, 2008 11:05:21 PM
Hi there! What's your story? Hi, its Hailam, age 26, from Maldives. Has animated since he was 10 (mostly stick figures though) and has been game programming for over 10 years but have yet to complete anything beyond a simple tetris and pong clone. Prefers console games, parti... 
Posted July 20, 2008 1:08:12 AM
Story Analysis - Golden Sun (including TLA) Really enjoyed the first one, but never found the time to play the sequel. In the first game, the story was ok, but I didn't really find it great. I've heard some people say that it lacks character development. That all the characters are bas... 
Posted April 24, 2008 11:53:53 AM
Any tips for fighting game A.I. ? Something you could try out is adding a 'reaction' timer. A timer that gets activated and counts down whenever the cpu decides to perform a move. The actual time each move takes varies and overall depends on the difficulty level. (Could range fr... 
Posted April 24, 2008 2:57:28 AM
Unpaladin First thing that came to mind was Dante versus Mundus battle in DMC. Wow, looks really good. Edit: Just checked out video. The combos seemed a tad slow and there could've been more variety. When the character changes directions, he could smoothly... 
Posted April 18, 2008 8:36:25 PM
View All Replies Made By This User