Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know lonewolff...  
Full Name Jason Campbell
Nickname lonewolff 
State/Province, Country New South Wales   Australia
GD Gathering City Merimbula, New South Wales, Australia
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.win32developer.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1034  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/6/2006 11:37:03 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
How do you pass a float to a shader program? Hi Guys, I am new to shader programming (like 1 Hr new :) and I can't work out how to send a float value from C++ to my shader. The shader itself is working fine. If I set the 'nTest' value manually from within the shader I can make my object l... 
Posted December 7, 2010 4:47:39 AM
Increasing the size of an array Hi Guys, Is there a way to increase the size of an array within the program itself? For example, turn test[10] into test[10000] during program execution. Because each array will be computationally expensive I dont want to have a large array... 
Posted November 18, 2010 1:36:26 AM
Problems using scroll wheel Hi guys, I have setup a message handler for detecting movement of the scroll wheel, which is all good. case WM_MOUSEWHEEL: { g_mouseZ=GET_WHEEL_DELTA_WPARAM(wParam); } break; But, the problem I am having is that wParam seems to be holdi... 
Posted September 9, 2010 8:18:36 PM
WPA encryption Does anyone know of a good (and fast) API that can be used to encode WPA keys (same as used for wireless). I have found a routine to do this in pure C++ calls but it is relatively slow, encoding at about 1 key per every 2 seconds. Thanks in adv... 
Posted June 1, 2010 10:15:45 PM
Detecting how many cores a system has Is there a way to detect how many cores a CPU has (in a win32 system)? Thanks in advance :) 
Posted June 5, 2010 7:01:29 AM
Win32 cant detect button press Hi Guys, I am playing with Parent windows and child windows. All is working as I want except I cant detect the press of IDC_MAIN_BUTTON in the child window. #include<windows.h> #include"resource.h" #define IDC_MAIN_EDIT WM_USER+1 #d... 
Posted May 24, 2010 4:02:22 AM
GPS API for windows Does anyone know of a GPS API for Windows (in C++) that will work with any reciever? Thanks in advance. 
Posted May 6, 2010 5:11:14 PM
Basic thread question If I have a main program running and then create a new thread within the program, is it possible to pass the HWND of a window that is created within the new thread back to the main program? The reason for this is that I want to have a 'loader' scr... 
Posted January 24, 2010 12:33:29 AM
Problems buidling a terrain Hi Guys, I have been trying to get a terrain class / function working for use in a project I am working on. I am so close but when I call Engine::draw() I get a bunch of last chance exceptions. I am pretty sure if this function or 3 lines... 
Posted November 20, 2009 5:41:00 AM
Problems creating a triangle plane Hi, I am currently trying to create a triangle plane (grid) - derived from Frank Luna's DirectX9c book. It compiles ok but throws exceptions around this line in my 'framework.cpp' file. d3dDevice->SetVertexDeclaration(VertexPos::Decl); ... 
Posted November 15, 2009 2:43:55 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Multiplayer Game That is exactly how I would go about it :) 
Posted January 1, 2011 6:32:08 AM
Beginner networking questions Correct. Writing a lobby shouldn't be too hard though 
Posted January 1, 2011 6:19:28 AM
D3D9 & HLSL First Triangle (nothing appears on screen) Try with D3DRS_LIGHTING on or off. I had the same issues recently and it didn't show up because of lack of normals. 
Posted December 11, 2010 5:41:38 PM
Dev-C++ doesn't work anymore Try "\r\n" and se if that works. 
Posted December 11, 2010 5:31:54 PM
How do you pass a float to a shader program? Oh man, silly mistake. Thanks for your help, though. That was awesome of you to point that out. Good to know I am on the right track, anyway :) 
Posted December 7, 2010 5:01:44 AM
Need some info to get started with network programming I use winsock. It's not that hard. :) 
Posted December 3, 2010 5:30:15 PM
Literature available Or here... 
Posted November 27, 2010 2:45:24 AM
Using FD_WRITE event handler UDP preserves packet boundaries. But, then you get other potential issues. 
Posted November 25, 2010 5:01:49 AM
D3DXCreateText I'll dig up some of my code shortly for you (On a different PC). I use D3DXCreateText() all the time and it works well. At glance I can't see anything wrong - but there must be something going on :) 
Posted November 18, 2010 3:03:14 PM
Increasing the size of an array Worked it out. All good it->nItem1 etc... Thanks for your help on this guys! 
Posted November 18, 2010 3:51:09 AM
View All Replies Made By This User