Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know EmpireProductions...  
Full Name  
Nickname EmpireProductions 
State/Province, Country ME   United States
GD Gathering City Portland, ME, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.starempire.bb2.org 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1095  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/7/2006 9:53:44 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
World At War - MultiPlayer FPS - Looking for artists and level Designers Team name: MMOInteractive - Non-registered Project name: Worlds at War Brief description: Worlds at War is a multiplayer Online FPS sort of like Combat Arms. My Goal is to start out small with up to 16 players per game. Once we ha... 
Posted December 31, 2010 11:24:01 AM
ICEWorlds MMO Creation Package Team name: MMO Interactive Project name: ICEWorlds MMO Creation Package Brief description: ICEWorlds is aiming to be a free easy to use and get Started with MMO Creation Package. It takes advantage of the many components that comes with I... 
Posted November 12, 2010 9:44:32 PM
Computer crash/Virus This afternoon while looking through these forums I got a real nasty virus I have been trying to deal with for the rest of the afternoon and evening. It was the FakeSpypro virus. I am completely lost as to what to try next. I got the virus and at fir... 
Posted November 5, 2010 9:29:09 PM
Paged Terrain question I am using Ogre3D for a MMO Client and so I am using Ogre's new Paged terrain. I have my world broken up into regions each region being 1 terrain page. The Idea is that when the player moves to with in a certain distance of the edge of the region... 
Posted November 5, 2010 1:09:33 PM
ICEWorlds MMO Creation Package I would like to introduce ICEWorlds MMO Creation Package. About ICEWorlds: ICE stands for Internet Communications Engine which is the Networking library used in ICEWorlds. ICEWorlds started out as the ICEPlayer Demo which was a rewrite of the Pl... 
Posted November 5, 2010 1:49:22 AM
Converting A class to a ByteBuffer (RedDwarf Server) I am using the RedDwarf Server (Project Darkstar) and I am trying to convert my packet class to a ByteBuffer. Packet Class: package common; import java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream; import java.io.IOException; import java.io.ObjectOutputStre... 
Posted September 7, 2010 6:14:19 PM
Guild Design issues I am trying to design the guild system for a Historically based MMO (yes I know if you look up my other posts you will find that I move around alot but I have finally landed a job as the Lead Programmer for a Indie Dev. team). The server is being cre... 
Posted July 30, 2010 1:33:44 AM
Problem with Lua I am trying to add Lua to my server for scripting but I keep getting errors when loading scripts. Here is my code: Kill kill = new Kill("test"); Quests.QuestManager questMgr = Quests.QuestManager.getInstance(); Lua lua =... 
Posted July 25, 2010 5:41:35 PM
IronPython Question This is a scripting question however it since hardly any one ever goes into the scripting section I am placing it here. Mods if you want to move it that is ok. I was trying to get Lua working with my C# Server however after running into probl... 
Posted July 25, 2010 8:24:45 PM
YoVille Style MMOs Just wondering what you guys thought were the most important aspects of YoVille and Club Penguin style MMOs. I am trying to put together a list of features that I should spend the most amount of my time working on. So far I have character c... 
Posted July 17, 2010 1:51:36 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
EarthShadow Recruitment (Updated) Quote:Original post by slayerstudios Hello I have noticed you do not have a website. Us here at Slayer Studios can make a complete custom designed website for you and then give you your own domain name. The charge is $10 a month for the domain na... 
Posted January 3, 2011 10:01:29 PM
World At War - MultiPlayer FPS - Looking for artists and level Designers The Servers will be hosted by us. I have been playing Combat Arms alot the past couple days and I am learning alot of how not to do things! One of the major things with Combat Arms that completely ruins the game is all the Hackers. I will be... 
Posted January 1, 2011 4:51:31 PM
Team for 3D Flight combat game Quote:Original post by Nikolay116 I am sorry, what is erlang? Heres the website for Erlang: http://www.erlang.org/ It's a programming language designed for distributed environments I believe. Theres another person on these forums making a... 
Posted December 22, 2010 6:30:06 PM
(Closed) PM me if you would like to take a look at my MMO Engine which uses Ogre3D for rendering and Ice for Networking. Here's some information on the engine: http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=61422 
Posted December 17, 2010 10:59:10 AM
Hadeon Online - (M) MORPG Seems like from your story idea that every person will be THE Hero. For a MMO you really can't have a story thats based on a single hero and have every person be that hero. For a MMO you need a story involving many heros and let the players be t... 
Posted December 13, 2010 11:27:06 AM
[MMO] Lead Artist and Art Director Online social/MMO startup! I know you said no feedback however normally you should only have 1 post per project which includes all available jobs your seeking help for listed in the 1 thread. You have 2 posts started back to back for the same project. Also you say the tea... 
Posted December 11, 2010 9:29:57 PM
ICEWorlds MMO Creation Package Major update to first Post! Looking for a Client Programmer Also offering Free Prototyping services to indies with no budget 
Posted December 11, 2010 5:27:33 PM
[UPDATED 12/18!] Artist looking for Paid Work. Yeah you could just link to them but IMO its even better to just show them like I did using the img tag < img src="link to image" > but if you want I can edit my first post and remove the images from there. 
Posted December 11, 2010 2:52:19 PM
[UPDATED 12/18!] Artist looking for Paid Work. It would help if you put those images into img tags so we can see them!  
Posted December 11, 2010 2:44:32 PM
ICEWorlds MMO Creation Package I am once again in need of some help! I need some one who has access to a couple PCs or Dedicated servers who can test out my Distributed Authentication server. It should be ready to be deployed to several different Servers and load balance... 
Posted December 10, 2010 7:34:17 PM
View All Replies Made By This User