Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Sante05...  
Full Name  
Nickname Sante05 
State/Province, Country Madrid   Spain
GD Gathering City Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.wired-weasel.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1060  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/30/2002 9:47:18 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
32 bit add in ASM Hi, I'm having some problems when adding 2 32-bit registers in ASM (using VC++ 6.0): mov eax, 2 mov ebx, 4886718345 add eax, ebx When doing this, the eax register returns with 591751051 instead of the correct result (4886718347). It seem... 
Posted May 4, 2007 8:06:16 AM
Stick Demo Released Fast action, lots of melee combat, and hordes of enemies willing to crack your head open. Wanna fight? www.wired-weasel.com After a long work, we have uploaded the first public demo of our game project, Stick, a beat'em up sidescroller featurin... 
Posted April 21, 2007 2:10:26 PM
Question on alpha blending Hi. I'm trying to draw my polygons blended with the alpha value stored in the frame buffer, the render states I'm using are: g_pD3DDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_SRCBLEND, D3DBLEND_DESTALPHA); g_pD3DDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_DESTBLEND, D3D... 
Posted March 2, 2007 8:04:03 AM
Stick These are some shots from "Stick", the game we have been working on for more than a year in our spare time. It is a 3D beat'em up with fighting sticks as characters. The game is still far from finished, but is now playable, and (we hope), enj... 
Posted September 17, 2006 4:31:24 PM
Help with sword trails Hi, I just implemented a "sword trails" effect in the project I'm working on, but I'm having some rendering artifacts. Have tried to find the cause, unsuccessfully, so I'd really appreciate some help on it. As you can see in this zoomed... 
Posted September 7, 2006 6:59:13 PM
Large objects I suppose this is a recurring question, but I haven't seen it answered before. Say I have an object such as a table, which extends over several tiles. What is the best method to draw it? I've already thought of splitting the object and draw eac... 
Posted November 13, 2005 4:37:38 PM
Cartoon Rendering Hi, I'm trying to implement the cartoon rendering technique into my next game. I already shade the objetcs by using a lookup texture and can draw a silhouette around them using the Stencil buffer. What I want to do now, is to mark with black lines... 
Posted April 2, 2005 5:39:21 PM
Need help with Quads Hi all. I’m trying to render 2d images in the screen but I can’t see anything in the screen (besides the usual 3D meshes). I use a cQuad class. I first define the vertex format as follows: typedef struct { FLOAT x, y, z; D3... 
Posted August 25, 2002 12:34:26 PM
Need help with lighting Hi all. I made a simple D3D program that loads a X File (a sphere made with 3DStudio and then exported). Then it sets a point light. The problem I have is that the lighting is not smooth. Instead, I can see the polygons of the object. You can see wha... 
Posted August 2, 2002 10:33:21 PM
Aspect ratio problem Hi. I’m starting with D3D and I’ve made an app that shows a textured square rotating around an edge. I’m running it in fullscreen, and the problem is that my square becomes a rectangle when rendered. It deformates, showing wider tha... 
Posted July 30, 2002 9:49:20 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
AI related If your enemies are moving in a clear environment (as opposed to a maze-like environment or having to navigate around the level geometry), I'd say you don't really need to go with pathfinding, as most if not all the obstacles they need to avoid will... 
Posted April 19, 2008 6:25:12 PM
Need clarification on movement in a 2D plane Maybe you could find Steering Behaviours interesting. They allow for pretty much that kind of movement, and they can be combined in any way so that your AI pilot can turn them on/off whether he wants to intercept a target, flee from it, fly in f... 
Posted February 22, 2008 3:41:42 PM
32 bit add in ASM Thanks! My mistake 
Posted May 4, 2007 8:53:12 AM
Stick Demo Released Quote:Original post by Ezbez Very nicely polish game, and great looking! It ran perfectly and was quite enjoyable. I would have liked to be automatically returned to my last weapon once Berserk runs out, though. Thanks. You're right about th... 
Posted April 22, 2007 6:22:47 PM
Stick Demo Released Quote:Original post by Simian Man Great game - everything worked smoothly and was very polished. I loved the backgrounds and effects. Will there be more weapons in the final version? Keep up the great work! Thanks!. Sure, we expect to have up... 
Posted April 22, 2007 11:06:40 AM
Question on alpha blending Quote:Original post by Namethatnobodyelsetook I'm guessing your backbuffer is X8R8G8B8 not A8R8G8B8. Yep, that was it. Really stupid for me using an old initialization code and assuming it was correct. Thanks! 
Posted March 2, 2007 11:21:28 AM
Steps of an Ogame-like game development. Making it all in a single table isn't usually a good idea. I'd suggest you to look into database design before starting the project, probably you'll get some hints as to how to make it efficient and easy to expand in the future. On the client, I'd... 
Posted January 14, 2007 5:37:10 PM
Regnum Online Impresionante, y un gran trabajo. Enhorabuena! 
Posted October 14, 2006 1:53:28 PM
Stick Thanks for the comments [smile] On bigger attacks, explosions, and gruesome deaths: We wanted to include all of those, and probably will in the upcoming future. The thing is we were kind of short in content, so we had to place priorities in ord... 
Posted September 18, 2006 2:04:14 PM
Help with sword trails Well, solved it. It turned to be rather easy after taking some sleep [rolleyes] The problem happened because I was getting the hand's position to create the inner vertices of the strip. When rotating, the hand almost doesn't move, so I'm getting l... 
Posted September 8, 2006 5:54:35 AM
View All Replies Made By This User