Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Kenny Francis...  
Full Name  
Nickname Kenny Francis 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.freewebs.com/mischiefmakingmonkeys 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1026  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/12/2005 5:44:20 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Free C++ compiler to use with DirectX 9 I'm looking for a free C++ IDE that I can set up with Directx. I've heard mixed things about many compilers/IDEs and I'm not sure which to use. I have a few downloaded (but not installed) but haven't tryed them out. I hear Code::Blocks is good, I hav... 
Posted April 22, 2005 6:23:56 PM
Help.... I'm, looking to make a 2d RPG, I'm starting small as this is my first project. Are there any tutorials I can use that will help me? I am going to use C++ and the DirectX SDK, I have a book on C++ but it doesn't cover anything but basic syntax (n... 
Posted April 14, 2005 8:05:49 PM
DirectX tutorials? Free ones? Where can I find some in-depth-ish DirectX 9 tuts? 
Posted April 14, 2005 6:51:03 PM
Book: Programming Role Playing Games with DirectX (first post, go easy:P) I am looking into getting one of these two books (why couldn't they be named differently:P) I see that they are written by the same person (Jim Adams, whom I hear is a mod here, great :D.)I have read a few reviews o... 
Posted April 12, 2005 6:00:09 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Won't You Be My Nieghbor? I know nothing but I'm willing to help and learn. [grin] 
Posted April 30, 2005 11:11:26 AM
The most ironic ways to die This one's from the Darwin Awards: [grin] The following mind-boggling attempt at a crime spree appeared to be the robber's first, due to his lack of a previous record of violence, and his terminally stupid choices: 1. His target was H&J... 
Posted April 28, 2005 4:04:38 PM
I'm sorry, but if this is true then its disgusting. Quote:Original post by DigitalChaos eh, i woulda just stepped in and kicked the guys ass, that woulda given the crowd somethin to stare at Sounds like a good idea. Where did this take place? I would have picked up somethign HEAVY and hit him over... 
Posted April 28, 2005 3:38:44 PM
Free C++ compiler to use with DirectX 9 Got a link? I downloaded one monster of a 60MB download (an hour or so it took me) then I extracted, clicked on setup and it didn't work. It said something about "Setup from the original location" or something and I was highly confused. 
Posted April 24, 2005 7:57:40 AM
Free C++ compiler to use with DirectX 9 Quote:Original post by Mushu I'd suggest MSVS, simply because its my weapon of choice. This is how its done in MSVC6 (that's the only version I have [sad]) *** Source Snippet Removed *** Yeah, I can only get version 6 too, my comput... 
Posted April 23, 2005 12:52:54 PM
Won't You Be My Nieghbor? Wow. You really are just a well-worded (for lack of better description) person. Maybe we could get a mentor system set up where well-meaning newbies can come and get someone who is willing to guide them through the hardest first steps of game devel... 
Posted April 23, 2005 8:07:03 AM
Won't You Be My Nieghbor? Sounds like a good idea. I wonder if anyone would be willing to be my mentor? [grin] *hint hint* I'm willing to learn, and I love the way you put it about the more conversation-type tutorials. BTW, how long did it take you to write that amazing f... 
Posted April 22, 2005 7:12:26 PM
How much of a Geek are You? 20.71006% - Geek 
Posted April 22, 2005 6:48:22 PM
what ide to choose c++ Quote:Original post by Zodiak Didn't like that CodeBlock at all. DevC++ is way better. DevC++ crashes on my system. Probably my crappy old ME. 
Posted April 20, 2005 4:13:17 PM
Very first post Quote:Original post by Rhaal Quote:Original post by Kenny Francis C and C++ are pretty similardifferent but some of the syntax is differentsimilar... Fixed [wink] lol. Slap a "n00b" sign on my T-Shirt and make me dance around in a cage lik... 
Posted April 19, 2005 5:52:03 PM
View All Replies Made By This User