Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know mikeman...  
Full Name  
Nickname mikeman 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://mikeman42.blogspot.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1709  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/10/2004 3:55:48 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Stamina in fighting games? I was playing Tekken the other day, and I got this thought. Basically, we all know that, even when not the game is button-mash friendly, there will be some characters that are, and some players will use that, unless we deal with masterpieces like... 
Posted December 28, 2010 5:51:21 AM
Why don't multiplex cinemas do this? I've been wondering about this for a long time. I think we are officially in the age of multiplex cinemas...I mean you can't deny that the combination of shopping-hanging out for a coffee-catch a movie-go for food and drinks is very appealing. Howeve... 
Posted December 24, 2010 10:16:23 AM
Python type checking?(reloaded) I think I have a somewhat cool idea on how to make "static" type checking work a bit on Python. Consider this: def MoveShip(ship,x,y): ....code.... ship.posX=x; ship.posY=y; ....code.... Now, if "ship" does... 
Posted December 18, 2010 10:06:39 AM
The Social Network, John Nash, aliens and werewolves. I remember a book I read as a kid. About kids, in a mixed highschool. The main protagonist was a 'smart' kid, who his teacher made him read his oh-so-awesome corny essays in front of the class. I hated him. He had no fucking idea what he was talki... 
Posted December 2, 2010 2:57:07 PM
"Dynamic" skybox - Anyone tried this? Basically, I was playing the other day with some terrain rendering, and this occured to me: The 2D, screen representation of parts of the terrain that are sufficiently far, do not really change much when the character is rotating or moving with relat... 
Posted November 28, 2010 10:08:37 AM
Continuing school at 28?? Ok...since I see many people in the Lounge are talking about their future plans, I thought I shared...and of course waiting for others to hear their similar stories. So, basically, I am 28 and still live at home(not so rare in my country, but stil... 
Posted November 19, 2010 9:11:15 AM
My last annoying thread, over is over Ok, so here it is: I WANT EVERYONE TO NAME NAMES, DATE DATES, PLACE PLACES AND COLOR COLORS because I AM THIS CLOSE TO SHOOTING MYSELF TO CHINATOWN AND TELL EVERYONE I THINK I DISCOVERED UFT IN A SODA CAN. So, that's it. AND YOU CANT QUOTE S... 
Posted November 13, 2010 6:03:04 AM
Relational model for games? Ok, for the last months, after a quite large break from programming in general, I've been toying with an idea of how I could approach writing code again for games. The "idea" is by no means "new", just for me it is. Anyway, it started when I reali... 
Posted September 15, 2010 8:32:55 AM
Black Holes(????????) Ok, with this latest talk about Hawking's ideas and so on, I've been some reading on what has been said about Black Holes. Not that I can understand much or anything of the mathematics of the thing. However, I have understood something abou... 
Posted August 22, 2010 4:27:05 AM
New Futurama episodes So, I guess most of us by now have heard that Futurama is back for a new season(6th) in Comedy Central Channel. I was wondering what everyone thinks about the quality of the new episodes. I've only watched the first 2 so far, and I was pleasantl... 
Posted August 6, 2010 10:49:13 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Programming changed? Forever? Quote:Original post by Thsotus THE INTEREST I HAVE IN THIS IS THAT IT CAN SAVE MORE THAN ONE ELECTRICAL STATE. Does this mean that we are able to have more than 1's and 0's?! Imagine, ten years, from now... From what we've learned at sc... 
Posted January 5, 2011 10:47:45 AM
Could a bunch of people just 'start' a new town from scratch? I think it's possible, and has been done before to some extent. What I don't know, is what message does it pass, not for the desperate people that would do such a thing, but for all the rest of us, like: "you have built such an ugly and unfair societ... 
Posted December 28, 2010 1:17:03 PM
3d modeling software for Beginners Silo is really great. Wings3D is also good, I've been using it to learn low-poly modelling and I have made some progress.  
Posted December 28, 2010 1:10:29 PM
Russia adopts Linux Cool, now for the making of the best movie of the century: Battleship Penguin! 
Posted December 28, 2010 9:41:31 AM
Build the most epic video game level ever by posting pictures. Sagat is my favourite non-Ryu character ever! 
Posted December 27, 2010 2:32:08 PM
lighting techniques in openGl The easiest way is to take advantage of the builtin fixed function pipeline, that is with methods such as glEnable(GL_LIGHTING), glLightfv() and the rest. As the maximum amount of lights is usually 8 at once, one good way for moving objects... 
Posted December 27, 2010 2:29:18 PM
animation design for a platform with little ram People have done this in the past; a sort of 2D skeletal-based animation. Basically yeah, say you want to animate a human character, you just have sprites of its limbs, head and torso, and you record the transformations of those pieces. Take a lo... 
Posted December 27, 2010 2:25:09 PM
Applying Impulse Have you looked at this? link It appears there is an ApplyLinearForce method just for that thing.  
Posted December 27, 2010 2:21:16 PM
Linux use and development, finally... AMD and nvidia are irrelevant hardware vendors when it comes to desktop computers? Is that what you're saying? Because I lost track of your argument right there. How are they irrelevant when most desktops have AMD or nvidia chips in the graphics card... 
Posted December 27, 2010 7:19:41 AM
Linux use and development, finally... Quote: This is what I mean by reality. I can disprove the conventional ideology by providing a single counterexample. I provide two. I think we misunderstand each other a bit. Yes, I do believe it is possible for Linux to be the no1 choise in a... 
Posted December 27, 2010 4:42:24 AM
View All Replies Made By This User