Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Harry Kalogirou...  
Full Name  
Nickname Harry Kalogirou 
State/Province, Country Larisa   Greece
GD Gathering City Larissa, Larisa, Greece
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://harkal.sylphis3d.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1017  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/14/2005 1:27:17 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Real Motion Blur Just a teaser of the motion blur in Sylphis3D. As you can see this is not a fake-blend-over-the-last-frame type of motion blur. This is the real thing! It is independent of the frame rate. You can actually set the simulated shutter speed you like... 
Posted September 14, 2005 2:58:08 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Real Motion Blur Quote:Original post by Fiddler Harry, can you provide some more info on Sylphis3d? Is it free, open source? What license does it use? The site seems a bit, well, sparse in information at best. I invite you talk engine matter at the devnet... 
Posted September 17, 2005 12:05:26 PM
Real Motion Blur Quote:Original post by boolean Quote:Original post by Drakex I hate to say this, but the first thing that came to mind when I saw the name of your engine was Syphilis, like the disease. You might want to think about that ;) I even read the na... 
Posted September 16, 2005 12:36:47 PM
Real Motion Blur Quote:Original post by Iftah edit: almost forgot to say it looks awesome! good job! Thanks! i think a more useful way to view it is from 0.02 spf (seconds per frame) it went up to 0.025 spf fps (frames per second) can be very confusing be... 
Posted September 15, 2005 5:03:43 AM
Real Motion Blur On my Radeon 9600 running at 800x600 I take a 20% hit. Meaning from 50fps going to 40fps. The good thing is that the effect can be from heavy to very light depending on the quality. The hit I'm talking about is with the maximum quality a 9600 ca... 
Posted September 14, 2005 5:18:28 PM
View All Replies Made By This User