Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Swarmer...  
Full Name  
Nickname Swarmer 
State/Province, Country OH   United States
GD Gathering City Columbus, OH, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://dev.vg 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1028  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/16/2006 5:52:46 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
How much do I pay a writer to write for a website? I am making a game news website. How much do similar sites (like Kotaku, Joystiq, PC Gamer, etc.) pay their writers? Is it per article? I realize it varies based on the content (an in-depth review would pay more than a GameDev Daily). I just nee... 
Posted August 13, 2010 1:34:07 PM
indiePub contest Do you guys remember 2Bee Games? They had a couple of game development competitions last year with cash prizes and publishing deals. I won some money and got a publishing deal out of the first contest, and I also ended up working at the company b... 
Posted May 8, 2010 1:11:08 AM
Ideas for a game development community that makes games Let's say I were to make a game development community site that would focus on putting out actual game content (versus just discussion about game development). What kind of features would you guys want to see? Do any similar sites already exis... 
Posted February 12, 2010 2:07:09 PM
Cover letter: "I will contact you in 2 weeks" - yes/no? I've read that it's good to indicate a follow up in your cover letter. A line like this, in the last paragraph: "I will contact you in the upcoming 2 weeks to see if you need further information." I wanted to get a second opinion on this. D... 
Posted August 11, 2009 8:20:36 PM
Occlusion culling when only cubes in a grid are involved I need to implement occlusion culling. The only techniques I could find with occlusion culling involve first drawing a bounding box, and checking for leaking pixels. My scene consists entirely of cubes, so it seems like drawing a bounding box... 
Posted August 11, 2009 11:50:52 PM
Indie titles up to 75% off this weekend on Steam Indie titles up to 75% off this weekend on SteamPosted by: Terence Lee at August 8, 2009 2:54:57 AMValve is offering 10 popular indie titles on Steam for a big discount this weekend. Games such as Braid, World of Goo, and Blueberry Garden are a... 
Posted August 8, 2009 2:54:57 AM
Best way to handle dynamically generated 3D grids I'm trying to implement a 3D grid, with varying heights. Here is a crude mock up: The easiest way to handle this would be with some sort of height map, representing the world with a 2D grid that is basically a bird's-eye-view of the map. Sinc... 
Posted August 3, 2009 1:25:28 AM
Cover letter as the email body or as an attachment? Quick question: When emailing an application to a job, should the cover letter be the email body, or should it be an attachment? Or both? If attachment only, then what should be in the email body? My thought is to have it as the email bo... 
Posted August 1, 2009 3:49:40 PM
Critique this resume EDIT: Final version. Yes, it's one of these threads again. Hooray! Here it is: http://anachronology.com/other/Lee_Terence-public.pdf Here is an accompanying portfolio website: http://anachronology.com Here is some background: I am... 
Posted July 15, 2009 8:28:02 AM
Applying for jobs - sample code? Is it recommended to submit sample code for an entry level position, if it is not explicitly requested? If so, what are they looking for in sample code? I am guessing it should be in the language I'd be expected to work in, and solve an interesti... 
Posted July 14, 2009 11:40:04 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
How much do I pay a writer to write for a website? I'm looking to pay someone as a freelancer (not hire). Thanks for the help, those numbers are really helpful. I'm looking for writers with experience, as well as some small time bloggers, so I think my numbers will be around $20-100 depending ... 
Posted August 16, 2010 11:44:17 AM
Are there any games like this? Dynamic Weapon Pricing in Counter Strike (it failed miserably) 
Posted April 16, 2010 12:16:52 AM
Assembling a Team They could just print it, sign it, scan it, email it. 
Posted March 20, 2010 8:41:29 PM
Windows 7 W7 is good. It's a huge improvement over Vista. It has not failed, people are generally happy with it. 
Posted February 15, 2010 2:21:17 PM
Outlook task tracking replacement? Why do you want to switch? 
Posted February 15, 2010 12:13:34 PM
Price for a next gen game model? TurboSquid (http://www.turbosquid.com/) should get you started on some ideas of the price range. 
Posted February 14, 2010 3:47:32 PM
Ideas for a game development community that makes games Quote:Original post by way2lazy2care Quote:Original post by ChurchSkiz Quote:Original post by way2lazy2care Quote:Original post by ChurchSkiz GGE and Kongregate are both fairly well run IMO. If there was a Kongregate for XNA I'd be all over it... 
Posted February 12, 2010 10:18:58 PM
Ideas for a game development community that makes games Quote:Original post by jrjellybean You've got to think that nobody works for free. Plus, managing online teams is always really difficult. I knew someone who had this idea. It never got off the ground cause they could never figure out a ho... 
Posted February 12, 2010 7:50:32 PM
Ideas for a game development community that makes games Quote:Original post by Wan Like this: greatgamesexperiment.com? Hm, that's pretty close. I haven't heard of that before. But one thing I see missing from that site is an 'In Progress' page for games. It would be cool to be able to see &#... 
Posted February 12, 2010 3:16:07 PM
2D entities with advanced lighting I am really impressed by this. It looks great. Might I suggest making the particle flames' light positions have a constantly jittering motion? That way the campfire will look like it is actually flickering, because the shadows around it will be sli... 
Posted January 6, 2010 11:40:52 PM
View All Replies Made By This User