Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know win32mfc...  
Full Name Chris Morse
Nickname win32mfc 
State/Province, Country Norwalk
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.CosmicWolf.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Software Engineer 
Job Description Software Engineer 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/16/2000 1:43:51 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Looking for example, Managed DX9, nice window/full-screen switching Hiya, I've looked through the Direct3D books that I have, and they show how to create a windowed app and a full-screen app, but never explain, or show how to, switch between the two in the same program. Does anyone have or know of a basic D... 
Posted December 3, 2004 1:03:03 PM
Managed DX9 App EXE Crashes, but not if compiled and run.. Any idea why? Hiya, I've found some managed DX9 applications on the web and here on GameDev in the GD Showcase that crash on startup when I run them. For example, I found a Managed DX9 C# example program that creates a simple windowed or full-... 
Posted December 3, 2004 2:33:40 PM
Writing a game, and the game loop.. Hiya, I've recently decided to get back into working with DirectX, using the latest Managed DirectX 9. I have a question that's more general in nature, though. Most game books I've seen show the "main" game loop something like this: main... 
Posted December 2, 2004 1:26:18 PM
Any open-source projects for VB.NET and Managed DirectX 9? If you know of any projects or samples with source code for managed DirectX 9 in VB.NET (or C# if VB.NET is really scarce), I would appreciate a point in the right direction. I did some simple game programming with DirectX 3 (mainly using Direct... 
Posted November 29, 2004 2:43:49 PM
Creating ISO Tiles For RPG Hi All! I really like 2D ISO style games. My real stumbling block has been the graphics, though. I’m no artist. I’ve done some googling around and found a really nice example of simple ISO tiles I would like to figure out how... 
Posted October 28, 2003 1:43:09 PM
VB.NET Hobby Project : Multi-User Online NetHack & Zelda-Like Game Hi Everyone.. I've been thinking more and more about writing a multi-player online game similiar to the game NetHack (AKA Moria on the PC). The idea is to build a graphical version of NetHack using tiles, and then expanding from there.... 
Posted October 13, 2003 4:38:41 PM
Help Wanted - Graphical MUD Project Hey All! Do you know the text game "Rogue"? If not, here’s a link to fill you in on the idea: [url]http://www.theunderdogs.org/game.php?id=1624[/url] I am interested in writing a graphical multi-user version that is internet (client/... 
Posted August 7, 2001 3:29:34 PM
Anyone have SpriteWorks? I was wondering if anyone here purchased the SpriteWorks library of images. If so, how is it? I’m thinking of ordering a copy and am curious to hear other people’s experiences with it. Thanks! // CHRIS  
Posted May 1, 2001 1:25:57 PM
How does Borland C++ Build 5 rate with MS VC++ 6.0? Hiya- I'm hoping someone reading this is familiar with both MS VC++ 6.0 and Borland's C++ Builder 5.0.. My question is, how are the two really different in terms of application implementations? First off, I use MS VC++ 6.0 exclusively right now.... 
Posted April 28, 2001 1:28:30 AM
WinSock Programming Book Hi All, I have done a lot of windows socket programming both for work and for fun. I have written quite a few applications, including both SOCK_DGRAM and SOCK_STREAM type sockets. It seems to me that there aren’t any really good programm... 
Posted August 26, 2000 1:32:28 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Managed DX9 App EXE Crashes, but not if compiled and run.. Any idea why? Strange that no one has any comments on this.. I'm sure I'm not the only on that has experienced this. For example, in the GD Showcase, the "Generic Space Shooter 3000" application doesn't run for me- it takes an exception imm... 
Posted December 5, 2004 12:15:29 PM
Managed DX9 App EXE Crashes, but not if compiled and run.. Any idea why? Doing a hex-dump on the original and new/compiled EXE doesn't give any hint of a Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D assembly reference. Clearly, though, it's being loaded. The only hint I could see was in the original C# source .proj file that... 
Posted December 3, 2004 5:20:47 PM
Looking for example, Managed DX9, nice window/full-screen switching Yes, that's part of the "Properly handle ALT-TAB" feature.. I found a C# example on DrunkenHyena.com here: http://www.drunkenhyena.com/cgi-bin/view_article.pl?chapter=2;article=10;lang=cs Which led to me other post on this forum..... 
Posted December 3, 2004 2:43:48 PM
Writing a game, and the game loop.. Thanks all, that's just the kind of info I was looking for! // CHRIS  
Posted December 2, 2004 9:04:30 PM
VB.NET Hobby Project : Multi-User Online NetHack & Zelda-Like Game Thanks.. Was trying to check it out, but the server seems to be down. No connection to tomenet.net on port 8801 as the program wants to do. // CHRIS  
Posted October 17, 2003 2:24:04 PM
Strange problem with Windows XP networking True that. I had the same symptoms about 2 months ago on one of my computers. Turned out the LinkSys NIC went bad.. Replaced it with a new one and VROOOOM!! // CHRIS  
Posted October 16, 2003 8:19:07 PM
Directplay - C++ client, C# server? (The type of game is irrelevant.) In general, you’ll have to serialize and de-serialize any class/object structures manually. If the client and server are both C++, then you could define a structure X and send(&X, sizeof(X)) and on the ot... 
Posted October 16, 2003 8:14:15 PM
Where do I start? Use whatever you feel most comfortable with. The server can be written in MFC, Java, VB.NET, C#, or even Perl. It’s up to you to pick one, whichever is easiest for you to implement. Once you pick your language/environment that you w... 
Posted October 16, 2003 8:06:45 PM
Socket does not close... It’s hard to say.. What DOS TCP/IP library are you using? You say the client hangs? How does it know when to close? A "graceful" close will usually issue a shutdown() call, followed by recv()’ing any data left on the line, fol... 
Posted October 16, 2003 8:00:06 PM
Do I need multithreading? >> Non-blocking sockets are just fine for single processor systems. Gotta disagree there.. I’ve written numerous network servers and multi-threading is used in all but the most trivial of cases. If one thread is servicing 100 peop... 
Posted October 16, 2003 7:51:33 PM
View All Replies Made By This User