Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know leiavoia...  
Full Name  
Nickname leiavoia 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1557  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/13/2003 2:51:47 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Have Puzzle Game! Need Help Compiling & Packaging. Team name:none Project name: ORTHO Brief description: Finished cross-platform puzzle game needs help compiling and packaging for distribution on Windows/Mac/Linux. Target aim: partially open-source / free. Cross-platform. Compensatio... 
Posted December 26, 2010 2:16:01 AM
Broadening Horizons. Suggestions Welcome. I work every day with PHP, SQL, and related web technologies. I use C++ for game dev at home. I have learned Perl in the past, but... the memories are painful. What language or technology would you suggest i take a look at next to broaden my horiz... 
Posted October 6, 2010 1:11:49 AM
Including my own library (FOSS/non-FOSS) I have a small game project i'm putting together. It works in tandem with a small "engine" library i also wrote. The game itself i want to release as open-source, but the library i do not. Is it possible to compile the game with other statica... 
Posted September 30, 2010 2:01:32 AM
Your thoughts on Nintendo as a company I've held Nintendo stock for several years, but now i'm wondering if it's time to sell. I wanted to get your opinions on Nintendo as a business. Although Nintendo makes money on everything they sell, that's already priced into the stock... 
Posted March 11, 2010 9:09:12 PM
Recommend me a 24" Monitor My work monitor is dying (randomly changing colors, jitter, etc.) and i need to shop for a new one. I program all day, but also process images and video as part of my job. Can you recommend a 24" monitor? I really only want to hear from... 
Posted December 18, 2009 1:22:48 PM
References to other objects: Pointers or ID's? Game objects need to know about other game objects or lists of game objects. I tend to store those as pointers (C++) for ease of use. HOWEVER, i've been doing a lot more webdev and database work professionally than i do gamedev work at home. In a... 
Posted May 31, 2009 6:58:03 PM
For-loops with floats? (how I hate thee...) I'm trying to step through a parametric curve that goes from values 0..1 - So i thought i'd just set up a simple for-loop: for ( float x = 0.0f; x <= 1.00f; x += 0.05f ) { std::cout << x << "\n"; } output: 0 0.05 0.1 0.15... 
Posted May 8, 2009 1:53:38 AM
How to "triangulate" a random shape? I've got this "Random fish generator" which is in it's infancy: The basic shapes are created using B-spline curves; currently one for the body and one for the tailfin. I would like to turn the tailfin area into polygons so that th... 
Posted May 8, 2009 1:40:28 AM
Need Design Feedback (updated) We're toying with new front-page designs for our websites at work and no one can agree on much of anything. We decided it would be best to get the opinions of other people instead of simply continuing to bicker about what we like or don't l... 
Posted April 14, 2009 8:15:18 PM
How hopelessly out of date am I ? I've read the free/public OpenGL RedBook and learned the basics behind geometry types, lighting, textures, materials, etc. I don't know anything about shaders, extensions, or any of those fancy graphics tricks that people like to show off in the Imag... 
Posted April 11, 2009 1:03:00 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Where to start, if i should at all. Quote:... different domains have their own unique challenges. I agree with that. Quote:None of them is really more difficult than any other and it's foolish to think so. Definitely don't agree with that. I am not a greenhorn rookie talking out... 
Posted January 5, 2011 7:14:06 PM
Are my goals realistic? Quote:Let me first say that i canīt do any kind of programming...at all. If that sentence isn't followed by the word "yet," then you're doomed. Quote:I canīt draw and i canīt do any advanced 3d-models. Basically i donīt have any kind of knowledg... 
Posted January 5, 2011 12:45:12 AM
Yet another where should I start thread? 3D: You need to decide between OpenGL and Direct3D. If you intend to do only Windows, obviously you want to travel down the Microsoft route. But it sounds like you are coming from a linux perspective, so you might want OpenGL instead, which h... 
Posted January 5, 2011 12:27:18 AM
Where to start, if i should at all. Your programming history will serve you well. At least you are not one of the dime-a-dozen "i have this idea and want someone else to make it for me" types of video game addicts. That said, game developers are like the ninja elite of the pr... 
Posted January 5, 2011 12:06:59 AM
PS2 just fell into my lap... what do? Send it to me. I never had a PS2 and always wanted to play R-Type Final. 
Posted January 4, 2011 10:07:59 PM
Question about acquiring help There's a lot of people looking for pixel artists! Unfortunately, you also know they want to make their own game, not yours. If you want your own game made (and completed), you either have to come up with some cash or suck it up and learn to program.... 
Posted December 30, 2010 12:57:21 AM
Have Puzzle Game! Need Help Compiling & Packaging. UPDATE: I've had a few offers to help. Thanks guys! I still need assistance with OSX or Linux. I will probably end up doing the Linux packages myself, but it is still unfamiliar territory. When I get a successful Windows build, I'll make sur... 
Posted December 29, 2010 6:59:08 PM
PHP & Javascript You cannot assign a javascript variable to PHP, simply because the PHP is completely executed and served by the time the javascript runs. You CAN pass variables from PHP to the javascript however. Just embed some data in the page somew... 
Posted December 27, 2010 10:50:01 PM
Have Puzzle Game! Need Help Compiling & Packaging. Knocked off the first page after 12 hours? Seriously? This isn't a hockey MMORPG, guys! This is a 100% finished project that just needs a little help to get out the door. Your help would be super-appreciated. Your Awesomeness Rating would go wa... 
Posted December 27, 2010 10:36:38 PM
FREE ORIGINAL MUSIC These are actually pretty good, guys. Take a look/listen. Musical style here is best suited to adventure / RPG type games. @Matias : I'm working on a high-energy action puzzle game. Would that fit into your style at all? The game is... 
Posted December 27, 2010 10:27:34 PM
View All Replies Made By This User