Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Filami...  
Full Name  
Nickname Filami 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.geocities.com/filami19/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/31/2002 5:27:02 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
AreaPortal experimental application Hi ppl. I would like to show an application I made in a while. It's a simples experimental application showing Area Portals. It's experimental because is the first time I have made such thing. I used it to learn more about this technique. You c... 
Posted October 22, 2008 4:10:05 PM
ideia for a c++ proposal: channels Hi ppl. I have got a c++ idea, I think is a new ideia and I want to share with you for discussion. The thing is, I had a discussion with a team mate of mine about the uses of friends in classes. He sayed that friends are just evil, but, I can u... 
Posted August 26, 2008 10:37:35 AM
Graphics specs database Hello ppl. There are any kind of graphics spec database in Internet? Something that lists the most common boards and tells the D3DDEVCAPS for each one, or openGL extensions and maximum constants. 
Posted December 14, 2007 11:02:40 AM
My portfolio Hello ppl. Here goes my new portfolio: http://filami.videmogroup.org Its still being worked out, with some corrections and more stuff to add. I am at this moment searching for a job in the game industry. I live inPortugal, have 24 years old.... 
Posted November 28, 2007 6:48:15 PM
Curve Tangents from FBX Hello people. I am having a bit of trouble animating objects from FBX files. I am using Nvidia's CurveEngine to create the interpolations. I need to convert the data from FBX's KFCurve object to the CurveReader from Nvidia. It is working well act... 
Posted November 27, 2007 10:00:03 AM
Grid path finder creation process Hello guys. I am having a problem with a path finder. The approach is a grid path finder. The path finding itself is done and working well. The problem is to create obstacles in the grid. The scene is a soap of buildings and the objective is to... 
Posted October 15, 2007 10:41:32 AM
c++ statics init and filinalization problems Hello ppl I'm having a serious problem that I need to resolve both for Visual Studio in Windows and for MacOS. I have several static objects in various translation units (C++ source files) that happens to depend from each other for initialization... 
Posted April 19, 2007 6:25:30 AM
lightmapping + normal mapping. Hello people. My ideia is to integrate lightmapping with normal mapping rendering. Unfortenatly, I don't have the enought resources to make something similar to the HL2 technique. What I only have is perfectaly normal lightmaps (generated by... 
Posted April 15, 2006 2:50:53 PM
using string in flex Hello ppl. I thinck my question is simple. I need to use the flex to do a lexical scan but I don't know how to use it without the file stream (FILE*). Is that possible to make the flex read the input from a const char* instead a FILE* ? 
Posted March 12, 2006 5:16:20 PM
HDR rendering and Blending Hello people. My question is the follows: I have a Radeom9800 and I want to do some stuff with HDR. This card does not support blending with HDR render targets. My question is: what is the good alternative? I know that there is some kind of encod... 
Posted December 20, 2005 1:31:52 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Stickman Warfare (v1.10.4) 18 years old? No way :o Kudos man, your game is really great. What a hard work you may had. Just continue like that and you may have a great future ;) 
Posted October 22, 2008 6:31:10 PM
ideia for a c++ proposal: channels Unit testing in the team i am working is somewhere between 0% and 0%. One team mate of mine actually made the proposal once a time.... but went anywhere. It was told that it would take to much time to create one and such. I know that unit... 
Posted August 28, 2008 6:16:05 AM
ideia for a c++ proposal: channels Antheus : Your solution seems to be very interesting as well. I promisse I will look closer to it and I may even try to adapt it as a design style in some of my projects. About the benefits, I think it depends more on phylosofy of each p... 
Posted August 27, 2008 5:34:50 PM
ideia for a c++ proposal: channels I thinck the board of C++ should be a bit conservative (not too much) specially because c++ is a very complex tool. If the guys responsible for the maintainance of the standard where not a bit conservative, this wanderful tool would became unsusable... 
Posted August 27, 2008 10:04:03 AM
ideia for a c++ proposal: channels Guess the ideia is not very popular. I thought it to be interesting and easy to implement in the core of a language, but ok. At least, you are in the same opinion that friends actualy have uses and can be very usefull in many situations. Some team m... 
Posted August 26, 2008 4:58:22 PM
Is there any technical reason Source games look more photorealistic than UT3 games? Source games, like Half Life 2, uses lightmaps generated by a radiosity renderer. This, plus photo-realistic textures, creates very realistic images. In the other side, Unreal Engine 3, as far as I know, does not use lightmaps (or at lest they are... 
Posted August 24, 2008 6:19:44 PM
Graphics specs database Thanks a lot. 
Posted December 16, 2007 8:19:44 AM
My portfolio Really thanks for the answers. I really must revisit my work. By your descriptions, there is a thing that is not well explained in my resume and I have to change that. Colortrail and Aquapark are not companies, they are games made for RTS-Studios. I... 
Posted November 29, 2007 9:44:44 AM
c++ statics init and filinalization problems Thanks for the fast answers. I think I have my solution. I have to do some refactoring to my code but the client code will be exactly the same, which is good. The solution is based on Deks' solution, a very good solution. There will be one... 
Posted April 19, 2007 10:10:44 AM
Windigo Texture Dojo That remainds me the werkzeug, the tool from Farbrausch, producers of .TheProdukt, FR-25 Popular Demo, .Kriegger and much more. 
Posted July 22, 2006 7:15:39 PM
View All Replies Made By This User