Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Werty...  
Full Name Mikko Kärkelä
Nickname Werty 
State/Province, Country Western Finland   Finland
GD Gathering City Tampere, Western Finland, Finland
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.novawar-game.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1023  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/28/2004 2:20:02 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Non-persistent MMOGs - Why not? Here's a question that's been bothering me for some time. Why do all MMOGs have to have a persistent world? The thing that always makes me (and probably many other people too) get bored with every single MMOG that I play is the fact that there re... 
Posted May 1, 2008 7:58:39 AM
Novawar 2 Here are a few screenshots from our hobby game project called Novawar 2. It is a hybrid between space combat simulation and real time strategy. Features will include: -Every ship from fighters to capital ships pilotable -Semi-Newtonian flight m... 
Posted October 22, 2005 11:44:16 PM
Novawar: Skirmish web site We have launched a web site for our game project Novawar: Skirmish, a hybrid between Space Combat Simulator and Real-Time Strategy due for release on the 1st of September 2006. This was also the image of the day a while back but the title fo... 
Posted June 2, 2006 2:03:33 PM
An artist in the making: 2 years after Hello Since this is my first post to these forums, let me introduce myself first. I am a 2d/3d-artist/writer/designer for a game developement group called Neontide Entertainment. Computer games and making them is my passion and I would like to som... 
Posted October 28, 2004 3:58:10 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Non-persistent MMOGs - Why not? Quote:Original post by Humble Hobo The first half of what you describe sounds like a 'battleground'. You don't have to restart the game to have battlegrounds. Just reset the battlegrounds each time and let the character build up outside of them.... 
Posted May 1, 2008 12:48:38 PM
Non-persistent MMOGs - Why not? I agree totally. Games are for fun, not for achieving something. I guess achieving was a bad choice of word. What I meant was just that there should be a goal to an MMOG and more interaction between the player and the world. Would Unreal Tournament b... 
Posted May 1, 2008 8:29:56 AM
Zero Ballistics - open beta Looks and feels pretty good, keep it up. One thing though, you HAVE to make the environment destructible. Just have to. Trust me. Also, the environment could be a bit more detailed; more of different types and sizes of trees, bushes, rocks etc. 
Posted April 5, 2008 12:42:01 PM
space flight models In my experience the newtonian flight model is a whole lot more fun than the arcade one. In a game using the arcade flight model, like Freespaces for example, you're usually just pulling back on your joystick and hoping to hit your target a... 
Posted February 22, 2008 4:47:07 AM
Zero Ballistics - tactical tank game Looks good. How complex damage modeling will the game have? Can the player shoot enemy's tracks to disable him or shoot his turret to stop him from shooting back, will the tanks have thicker armor in the front and less in the back etc? 
Posted October 20, 2007 12:38:20 PM
What are game studios looking for? I was once listening to a seminar about landing a job in the games industry by a guy from Remedy (Max Paynes, Alan Wake)... or was it Bugbear (Flatouts)... Nevertheless what I remember from the seminar is that game studios value experience a... 
Posted August 23, 2007 1:59:59 AM
On the Edge Quote:Original post by owl I like it! What I don't like is the controls, moving with the mouse doesn't feel right... kind of irresponsive. I believe that the arrow keys would do a much better job. You can change to arrow key controls by disa... 
Posted August 12, 2007 7:06:34 AM
Novawar: Skirmish web site We have moved the site under a new server and domain. It can now be found here: http://www.novawar-game.com 
Posted June 8, 2006 1:49:31 AM
Novawar 2 Quote:Original post by Werty We are planning to launch a website this month. So I don't have to flood forums with these screenshots. Well it took a while longer than expected, but here it is: http://www.novawar-game.com I already posted t... 
Posted June 7, 2006 8:53:36 AM
Novawar: Skirmish web site Lately I've been getting same type of feedback from other people too. If I have time after finishing all the models and textures that still need to be done I'll look into the matter. And I agree with you on making the backgrounds brighter. T... 
Posted June 3, 2006 2:02:50 AM
View All Replies Made By This User