Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know ChristiaanGough...  
Full Name  
Nickname ChristiaanGough 
State/Province, Country Unknown Region   New Zealand
GD Gathering City Christchurch, Unknown Region, New Zealand
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.carbon.net.nz 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1046  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/18/2006 4:22:35 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Carbon game engine These images are all real-time screenshots of projects using the Carbon game engine. For more information, visit www.carbon.net.nz or email enquiries@carbon.net.nz. Or just post a comment or question here :) 
Posted September 18, 2006 11:20:44 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Carbon game engine How come people keep going on about the content of a website? My post never made any grandiose claims, and the website is not intended for other developers. I hereby state that I understand people want more evidence. More evidence is... 
Posted September 22, 2006 6:48:33 AM
Carbon game engine Ok. Im really surprised by the amount of vitriol and flaming I am copping here. We are a small team, but a commercial one. We dont have the money to spend on hugely fancy tech demos yet, and releasing shots of tech running with non-i... 
Posted September 21, 2006 10:00:42 PM
Carbon game engine Mikeman - thats my point too. The real effort here went into the scenegraph, memory managers, texture caching and management, materials system, and so on. As for a complex scene, that bridge has some pretty serious triangle count to it. I agree... 
Posted September 20, 2006 10:22:18 PM
Carbon game engine Karadok, I prefer to deal with business on a case-by-case basis. I have a set licensing package, but that can be offputting to developers with limited means. Conversely, if I am willing to grant special dispensation for "lesser" licenses such as... 
Posted September 19, 2006 11:24:52 AM
Carbon game engine LJ_1102, email me at enquiries@carbon.net.nz - I prefer to have business discussions in private. 
Posted September 19, 2006 8:10:40 AM
Carbon game engine MarneusCalgarXP - yes, the screenshots are running at 1920x1200 at over 80FPS on a middle of the road computer. That is for scenes of around 420,000 polygons, although, if you reduce the LOD factors and son on it will speed up with no visib... 
Posted September 19, 2006 6:38:19 AM
View All Replies Made By This User