Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know jpventoso...  
Full Name Juan Pablo Ventoso
Nickname jpventoso 
State/Province, Country Buenos Aires   Argentina
GD Gathering City Quilmes, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.zenithengine.com.ar 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Project leader 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1049  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/3/2008 9:41:46 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
BeginScene..EndScene without Present [SOLVED] Hi all, I'm trying to do some offline renderization (for radiosity generation using the GPU) and my simplified code looks like this: procedure GenerateRadiosity; begin // Set up device states PrepareRenderStates; // Prepare ou... 
Posted June 17, 2009 5:55:56 PM
Redundant transformations on a frame I'm doing some optimizations on my engine, and I tested the same scene with different polygon counts. That's how I found that the vertex count is a bottleneck on my rendering implementation. This is the steps of a single frame with two l... 
Posted February 12, 2009 8:22:46 AM
UltraShadow on ATI? Hello everybody, Yesterday I implemented Hardware Shadow Mapping (taking advantage of the nVidia's UltraShadow technology) on my 3D engine. Luckily it was easier than I expected :) I tested on my GeForce 6800 and it ran ok. But today... 
Posted November 6, 2008 5:35:11 PM
Zenith 3D Engine Hello everybody! I hope that someone remember my previous 3D engine, v3D (It was on Image of the day a few months ago). The project continued to grow and I turned the engine into Zenith 3D Engine. These are the main features: Integrated d... 
Posted September 28, 2008 2:12:54 PM
HDR and Multisample Hi all :) Is there any way to enable multisample in a HDR scene? If I'm rendering the scene in a A16B16G16R16F RT texture, is there any way to do it with multisample enabled? I read somewhere that you can create a render target using IDirect3D... 
Posted September 15, 2008 4:56:51 PM
3D lines without ID3DXLine Hello everyone! I'm working on a rope object and I need to draw lines without using the ID3DXLine.DrawTransform method (because it doesn't fill the depth buffer with the Z values). I read in this forum that the best way to do this is drawin... 
Posted September 4, 2008 9:58:11 AM
v3D Engine - Latest features I am happy to show you the latest features of my 3D engine for Delphi (v3D VCL), I hope you like it :) All scenes are rendered using Blooming, Tone Mapping, Color Correction, Depth of Field, LightMaps (using a built-in lightmap generator), Varian... 
Posted May 29, 2008 11:40:00 AM
Ray/Box collision: Intersection point? Hello, I am working on several raytracing algorithms for lightmap computations. I implemented intersections at vertex-level for shadow casting without problems. But this process is very expensive, so I want to test the intersections at b... 
Posted May 26, 2008 8:42:15 PM
Planar mapping and normals Hi everybody :) Excuse my English... I'm implementing LightMaps in my 3D engine using the planar mapping algorithm. I will explain it for whoever is interested. Steps (for each polygon): 1- Obtain the polygon normal and choose the greate... 
Posted May 10, 2008 1:12:41 AM
Questions about Lightmaps Hello everyone! I'm reading and reviewing concepts to begin using LightMaps in my 3D engine(www.v3d-vcl.com.ar). I have a few questions about it and I couldn't find a concrete answer, so here I go: - For each lightmap, do I have to waste hal... 
Posted May 1, 2008 1:12:04 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
lightmap GENERATION CODE I used the first link you posted to build my lightmap generator. But I did it in Pascal, if you think you could use my Pascal code I can paste it for you. Regards, 
Posted December 3, 2010 5:22:20 AM
SSAO and normal buffer Or you can use an approach like this one.  
Posted July 24, 2010 8:14:59 PM
.X file format is a nightmare If you want to use a software like 3D Studio and load those models with the LoadModelX() I have an algorithm that converts the .3DS format to the .X format (but it's in Pascal): Header: {=======================================================... 
Posted July 24, 2010 8:10:07 PM
Question about shadow mapping ATI also does the depth comparison automatically when you use tex2Dproj() on some hardware. I remember the ATI HD 2400+ doing it. 
Posted December 2, 2009 1:24:35 PM
Weird "rings" appearing for spotlights That looks like the expected precision for a X8R8G8B8 buffer on some cards. The same scene textured should hide those "rings" to the viewer. 
Posted November 28, 2009 11:28:07 PM
light masks implementation like CryEngine Quote:Original post by jcabeleira This question also applies to the shadow generation. Yes, you have to render the scene once per light to generate the shadow map. But when filling the buffer with the shadows, do you store them in separate chan... 
Posted October 28, 2009 9:38:34 PM
light masks implementation like CryEngine Quote:Original post by jcabeleiraBut in that case, shading and shadowing aren't truly separated. You still have to write 2 versions of the same shader, one that samples the light mask and another that doesn't. The idea of separating shading a... 
Posted October 27, 2009 4:52:44 PM
light masks implementation like CryEngine Quote:Original post by maya18222 1. Render whole scene as depth only write to depth buffer 2. Create shadowmaps for each light, (could be a 1 four channel rendertarget for 4 lights, or 2 four channel rendertargets for 8 lights etc etc) 3. Cre... 
Posted October 26, 2009 10:29:51 PM
light masks implementation like CryEngine I recently implemented the same technique in my engine, so my rendering pipeline went from: - render geometry for ambient term and simple lighting - for each shadowmapped light N - - render geometry for light N's shadowmap - - render geometry f... 
Posted October 25, 2009 11:55:24 PM
Tactical MMOG - second pre-alpha image Great visuals! It reminds me of the Source Engine but with better AO and lightmaps. Congrats! 
Posted October 22, 2009 2:22:45 PM
View All Replies Made By This User