Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know slvmnd...  
Full Name Mikael Gustavsson
Nickname slvmnd 
State/Province, Country Stockholms Lan   Sweden
GD Gathering City Stockholm, Stockholms Lan, Sweden
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.stage3.se 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1039  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/4/2007 4:52:02 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Wasteland Warriors car combat free beta Wasteland Warriors is an online multiplayer car combat game which is completely free to download and play. You can start your own servers and make your own maps, cars and weapons. Here's an informative IOTD. If you want to see an embedded... 
Posted September 17, 2007 2:24:19 PM
Wasteland Warriors Wasteland Warriors is a multiplayer action PC game. It can be thought of as "Quake on wheels". Players battle in deathmatches, driving cars with turrets mounted on the roofs. It's being developed by 3 students (one artist and 2 programmer... 
Posted May 6, 2007 3:35:36 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
New NeHe Lessons released!! Great stuff! (Although I would have gone with glfw instead of SDL.)  
Posted June 19, 2008 3:08:10 AM
Many core MMO server You should check out project darkstar. Seems interesting at least. 
Posted March 23, 2008 9:34:37 AM
VBO's If you're just drawing a static object - no I don't think VBO's are faster, they might actually be slower. I'm not sure nested display lists are supported with good performance on modern drivers. Stick with display lists if they work well... 
Posted March 18, 2008 10:44:10 AM
VBO's VBOs are more powerful, since they can be combined and modified. For example, a vbo with position data can be used by itself during a depth pass and together with another vbo that contains normals and tex coords when doing the actual rendering. ... 
Posted March 18, 2008 4:24:28 AM
Icoseptrees Just as a suggestion, have you thought of having separate structures for the different purposes? Like: 1. A structure for static objects in the world. 2. A structure for moving objects in the world. 3. A structure for keeping track of currently... 
Posted February 12, 2008 9:37:12 AM
Icoseptrees The only place I've seen them mentioned before is here: http://www.cs.nmsu.edu/~joshagam/Solace/papers/master-writeup-print.pdf http://www.cs.nmsu.edu/~joshagam/Solace/papers/master-slides.pdf According to those graphs they seem pretty good... 
Posted February 12, 2008 7:20:27 AM
NVIDIA to Acquire AGEIA Technologies This is great news, and makes a lot of sense imho. My guess (and hope) is that the PhysX SDK will continue to be free to use on the PC, even when just running on the CPU, and that NVIDIA will develop a GPU-accelerated back-end for it. This... 
Posted February 6, 2008 2:50:33 AM
Real-time clouds rendering Those are really impressive! Some nitpicking though: the edges of the clouds seem too sharp and also too dark in some places. Would it be possible to apply an alpha blend to the edges? (The "Stratocumulus top"-image actually seem to have this.) ... 
Posted January 4, 2008 3:24:49 AM
Learning math for game programming (3D) Glad I could help. 
Posted December 21, 2007 7:33:45 PM
Where to pro(?)gress with programming? I don't understand why everyone recommends Tetris as a first game to create. When I wrote a Tetris clone for the first time I thought it was pretty hard and I had done a couple of games before that. I think my first games was something along this:... 
Posted December 21, 2007 7:20:07 PM
View All Replies Made By This User