Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know vladic2000x...  
Full Name Chetrusca  Vladislav
Nickname vladic2000x 
State/Province, Country Chisinau   Moldova, Republic of
GD Gathering City Chisinau, Chisinau, Moldova, Republic of
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.cgi-dev.nm.ru 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Student 
Job Description game programmer 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1078  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/19/2005 4:35:52 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
DX9: How to determine stretching caps Hello there. I have a Mobile Intel 945 Chipset. If I use StretchRect() from a RenderTarget texture to the Back Buffer and pass NULL to pDestRect then everyting is OK, but if I try to pass a custom RECT then the method FAILS. My question is how to det... 
Posted December 4, 2010 4:54:00 AM
Win32 - how to check the return code of a process? Hello, We are asked to introduce a protection system in our Win32 application. The party, ask us at program start to run their executable and to check for a return code, which is an integer. I tried to run their executable with ShellExecute(),... 
Posted September 7, 2010 3:01:42 AM
Win 7 Aero flip thumbnail Can someone suggest an idea why the thumbnail in Aero Flip (Win+Tab in Windows 7) function, is black for my DirectX9 application, when it is in full screen mode. While the application is windowed mode, the thumbnail is a screenshot of the window a... 
Posted May 6, 2010 7:29:19 AM
IDirect3DDevice9-Reset() fails after screen orientation change I'm implementing support for portrait orientation in windows7. If the application runs in windowed mode and I change the resolution from 1024x768 to 768x1024 (select portrait mode in windows7 display settings), the IDirect3DDevice9->Reset() method... 
Posted December 12, 2009 5:34:26 AM
Widescreen treated in different ways Hi! I am experiencing a strange problem. My D3D9 application is treated in different ways on different machines with widescreen monitors. I have two Vista PC's. On one PC when I launch the D3D9 application in 1024x768 fullscreen,... 
Posted December 9, 2009 12:15:38 PM
DirectShow hell :( Please help me handle the DirectShow. I'm trying to render a video file without sound to a IDirect3DTexture9 object with the help of DirectShow. I have experience with Direct3D9 but I'm new to DirectShow, therefore my starting point was the follow... 
Posted November 25, 2009 7:50:38 AM
wcsicmp fails I'm trying to compare without taking into account the case of the characters, two russian strings, and the "_wcsicmp" function returns -2, which means different. if(_wcsicmp(L"3 Мяч",L"3 мяч")!=0) { assert(0)... 
Posted October 29, 2009 11:47:15 AM
"Pin to start menu" shortcut crash!! Hello! When I try to start the shortcut of my program (program is built with VC 2003) that was created through "Pin to start menu", it crashes. As far as I understand the program doesn't launch in the folder where the data files are stored. Is the... 
Posted October 24, 2009 4:53:27 AM
GetClientRect() strange behavior Hello! Please can somebody help me with the bug? Here's the win32 window initialization code: ----------- RECT rect; SetRect( &rect, 0, 0, 1024,768); AdjustWindowRect(&rect,WS_OVERLAPPED|WS_CAPTION|WS_SYSMENU|WS_MINIMIZEBOX, false); HWN... 
Posted June 6, 2009 4:34:10 AM
"CharSet" field and D3DXCreateFontW Hey guys, I am wondering what for is used the "CharSet" field in the "D3DXCreateFontW" function in case that I am redering UNICODE text with "DrawTextW" method of ID3DXFont? 
Posted January 23, 2009 1:07:29 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
DX9: How to determine stretching caps OK :) Solved the issue. I was specifying the wrong destination rectangle. For those who might be struggling with some driver issues for that method, I would recommend reading this post: http://www.ms-news.net/f3591/about-stretchrect-2200764.html ... 
Posted December 4, 2010 8:30:54 AM
DX9: How to determine stretching caps Steve, I'm sorry, I made a mistake when described the issue. Actually I'm using StetchRect to copy from BackBuffer to the render target surface. Any ideas? 
Posted December 4, 2010 7:13:58 AM
Win32 - how to check the return code of a process? Thank you. it worked. 
Posted September 7, 2010 4:25:41 AM
Widescreen treated in different ways Agree with Zuka. I tried the application on a laptop that has both Windows Vista and Windows 7 installed. On Vista, the application stretches over full monitor in full screen while on Windows 7 two bars appear bi sides. 
Posted December 10, 2009 7:34:11 AM
DirectShow hell :( By some sort of magic :) I managed to render the video in the game with Null renderer. I tested the program on multiple PCs. It runs everywhere except that on a low performance PC the video slows down. Instead of running 20 seconds as suppo... 
Posted November 27, 2009 10:12:46 AM
DirectShow hell :( The media type that is shown in the graph editor is MEDIASUBTYPE_Avi, I tried to put this value in the code, but anything that I change results in an error on line: _pVideoGrabber->GetCurrentBuffer(&video_buffer_size,NULL); video_buffer... 
Posted November 26, 2009 5:14:17 AM
DirectShow hell :( feal87, Could you help with some source code? I am absolutely new to DirectShow. 
Posted November 26, 2009 4:14:28 AM
DirectShow hell :( Anyone experienced this? 
Posted November 26, 2009 2:36:19 AM
DirectShow hell :( OK, One more hint. Tried the same code on Vista Ultimate which resulted in an error on line: m_pVideoGrabber->GetCurrentBuffer(&video_buffer_size,NULL); "video_buffer_size" was set to zero and the function returned a value o... 
Posted November 25, 2009 11:44:57 AM
DirectShow hell :( Indeo5 isn't the problem. Indeo5 codec is installed on my OS. I have also tried Cinepak, MS RLE and other codecs. All behave the same.. 
Posted November 25, 2009 8:17:14 AM
View All Replies Made By This User