Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Litheon...  
Full Name T VdZ
Nickname Litheon 
State/Province, Country Antwerpen   Belgium
GD Gathering City Antwerp, Antwerpen, Belgium
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://users.pandora.be/Ts 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Software Developer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1018  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/14/2004 9:41:52 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
[D3D9] Prevent Lost Focus - Multi-mon Debugging Behavior Hey guys, I have an application that I want to run fullscreen in exclusive mode on my 1st monitor (I want to make use of triple buffering, tearing issues etc...). But when I click on an other application on my 2nd monitor the fulls... 
Posted October 7, 2010 6:16:58 AM
[DirectX10] texture update : UpdateSubResource vs staging intermediate ring buffer Hey guys, I'm also very interested to know the answer of this older thread which no one answered. Quote: Original post by dz4 Hi, many papers or programming guide (NVidia GPU programming guide - http://developer.download.nvidia.com/GPU... 
Posted June 19, 2010 4:04:02 PM
DirectX 10/11 UYVU and YUY2 Format Hey guys, I need to process images with the UYVU and YUY2 format. In Direct X 9 you had the D3DFMT_UYVY and D3DFMT_YUY2 formats,but these are not available anymore in DX 10/11. So I assume I need to write my own conversion code? The most effi... 
Posted April 14, 2010 3:58:57 PM
EA Employee mistreatment Hi, i've just read a topic of the year 2004 about EA Employee mistreatment EA Employee mistreatment, the next blog and a blog ea spouse. Is this still the case in the year 2009? 
Posted July 8, 2009 1:12:47 PM
ANN - Why multiple layers? Hi, I'm trying to design a classification network in MATLAB. I'm reading in "Neural Network Toolbox™ 6 User’s Guide" and on p. 190 were they compare some training algorithms. But they work there in the examples with networks... 
Posted May 28, 2009 2:50:13 AM
Cosmoball Hello everyone This is Cosmoball. It's a little game where you have to control a ball and you must manage it through obsticles. The world is supposed to be an elektronical world. It was for a little school project (the instruction was: Make so... 
Posted May 31, 2007 11:59:29 AM
spherical mirror hello, i'm struggling with mirrors :( i really can't figure this out, can somebody help me?: A spherical mirror is to be used to form, on a screen located 5 m from the object, an image 5 times the size ot the object. (a)Descrive the... 
Posted August 4, 2004 6:46:03 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
[D3D9] Prevent Lost Focus - Multi-mon Debugging Behavior Ow, I overlooked this one Direct3D Fullscreen Secondary Monitor and NumberKruncher assumes just returning 0 at WM_NCACTIVATE, and it seems to work at first sign, don't know why I overlooked that one (or didn't found out by my own) :s:s ... 
Posted October 7, 2010 6:40:05 AM
Time Limiting Software Quote:Original post by ApochPiQ Quote:Original post by Litheon Once you have your "demo" version ready. Then you can hire/pay people to check warez sites regularly and they will request rapidshare etc etc to remove it. I've heard it works very we... 
Posted September 17, 2010 5:42:54 AM
Time Limiting Software Once you have your "demo" version ready. Then you can hire/pay people to check warez sites regularly and they will request rapidshare etc etc to remove it. I've heard it works very well and it's not that expensive. 
Posted September 17, 2010 3:55:41 AM
Fullscreen on Windows 7 with dual monitor Just some ideas you can check out: 1. Really see that you create your window on the right monitor and use the right device id/number to create your device. 2. If your application is multithreaded, really see that your window creation/window... 
Posted September 9, 2010 8:49:42 AM
DirectX 10 Resource leak You can set the debug mode on via "DirectX Control Panel" (start => program files => microsoft directx sdk => utilities => directx control panel) And there you can add your application to a list and thus you can enable the debug l... 
Posted June 25, 2010 4:36:56 AM
[DirectX10] texture update : UpdateSubResource vs staging intermediate ring buffer Ok, thank you very much! It makes all more sense now. 
Posted June 20, 2010 7:21:24 AM
[DirectX10] texture update : UpdateSubResource vs staging intermediate ring buffer Thank you for your very clear answer Demirug! So for the video example, if you use that video texture multiple times (for different operations) in your scene/frame then we off course read many times from that slow shader system RAM. So for the... 
Posted June 20, 2010 6:49:01 AM
[DirectX10] texture update : UpdateSubResource vs staging intermediate ring buffer I still don't completely get it. :( But if you are using DYNAMIC texture with Map-Discard. Isn't there a copy of the texture on the CPU and GPU? So if I update my resource with Map-Write_Discard doesn't only the CPU version gets update... 
Posted June 20, 2010 5:19:32 AM
The Demo for my engine -- Quantumas (vs ue3,ce2&ce3) nicceee 
Posted June 13, 2010 5:23:48 AM
Issues Shading my object. Object appears but is not shaded with directional light Are you learning DirectX with the book "Beginning DirectX 10 Game Programming" of Wendy Jones (I recognize the ModelObject struct...)? I also started with that one, but I threw it quickly away, it really sucks. She doesn't even use a depth b... 
Posted May 29, 2010 5:19:03 PM
View All Replies Made By This User