Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know d000hg...  
Full Name  
Nickname d000hg 
State/Province, Country County Durham   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City Durham, County Durham, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://d000hg.wordpress.com/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Programmer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1296  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/21/2002 12:35:20 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Texturing Heightmaps
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Where to buy eBooks? I've a Kindle so Amazon is super-convenient, however not always cheapest. I came across one store selling a book I wanted in other formats (including PDF) quite a bit cheaper, but that site was very lacking in a decent selection. For those us... 
Posted December 29, 2010 3:58:10 AM
Recommend Wii/PS3 Games to play with my wife? Any recommendations for something fun and not too mission/story-based, which we can pick up and play together in a more social way? Proper sport and driving games are out, so no PES/FIFA or GT5. Both fans of MarioKart and in the past things like Tekk... 
Posted December 11, 2010 10:18:58 AM
Does anyone know the deal with buying a foreign Kindle? There's kind of two questions here... 1)If I buy a UK Kindle, can I buy eBooks from Amazon.com? 2)If I buy a US Kindle, am I locked to Amazon.com? For using Kindle APPs on PC, etc, I figure you can get an account anywhere? But how's it wo... 
Posted December 11, 2010 10:26:36 AM
GT5? GT5 being released was headline news though I wasn't clear if it's released everywhere yet. Has anyone got it, and can do a mini-review? If you do would you please say what kind of racing game fan you are - hardcore sim, serious but don't mess abo... 
Posted November 27, 2010 11:51:33 AM
"Last post" inconsistency In main forums page, it lists last post in GDNet Contests as:Quote:November 26, 2010 5:13:55 AM by JOBOFFER But when I view the forum all I see is 2 sticky threads, with no posts since June/April. What gives? 
Posted November 27, 2010 11:56:39 AM
I thought the Americans might like to debate this... **** the south I've genuinely no idea what direction this thread will go. Interested to find out though. 
Posted November 8, 2010 4:27:22 PM
Can someone explain this whole US elections thing? It all seems very confusing. The president stays the same but he's 'lost' something important, and 'kept' something else important? I thought the UK government was archaic and confusing, but ours seems simple in comparison. Who's deciding which co... 
Posted November 3, 2010 3:39:37 PM
Back on the global warming thing... I was going to post in the last thread but it's dead. Anyway, just thought I'd throw this into the mix and see what thoughts we get in response; hopefully not kneejerk "anyone who says otherwise is a crank" but some serious discussion on the peo... 
Posted October 12, 2010 4:24:10 AM
Multiquote? To avoid making multiple posts or building giant post in notepad, can we have a multi-quote feature like some other forums do? Particularly in longer discussions, you want to reply to multiple posts at once, I find. 
Posted October 4, 2010 3:11:32 AM
Did we already have a DNF trailer thread? If not here it is I didn't really play an FPS since Quake 3, and I really didn't see much exciting here even from that huge jump in time. Wow, he drew a cock on a whiteboard... what a step forward. 
Posted October 8, 2010 9:38:41 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Advertising your game for next to nothing Forums and IRC about playing games and recommending games might allow it if it's relevant... e.g say you made a game like Worms and people are talking about Worms "hey, I made a game similar to Worms, you can check it out here..." So, about your s... 
Posted January 6, 2011 7:10:34 AM
How should I release my source code under GPL but not my art/music? Quote:Original post by ricardo_ruiz_lopez I guess I should write my own license, am I right?If you don't have resources to consult an attorney, then no. It will almost certainly not be watertight.  
Posted January 6, 2011 7:06:55 AM
Linux use and development, finally... Quote:Original post by tstrimp Personally, I see nothing wrong with being a business man with a job, rather than a cocky student wannabe.  
Posted January 6, 2011 7:02:10 AM
Linux use and development, finally... Quote:Original post by Chris Reynolds Quote:Original post by d000hg Yeah right. A regular non-techy will hear about Linux and start asking "where do I get Linux" whereupon some loser will start talking down to them about distros and they give up. ... 
Posted January 6, 2011 7:00:23 AM
CES 2011 Quote:Original post by davepermen Quote:Original post by way2lazy2care Quote:Original post by shurcool Are you serious? A DVD drive? Why would you want that in a device that's supposed to be portable... I hardly use mine in a desktop. To watch... 
Posted January 6, 2011 6:54:05 AM
Linux use and development, finally... Yeah right. A regular non-techy will hear about Linux and start asking "where do I get Linux" whereupon some loser will start talking down to them about distros and they give up. MacOS got popular recently because of iPod/iPhone. Before that it's... 
Posted December 31, 2010 7:59:03 AM
Open World Gta iv inspired, but 100% original game conception I didn't see any details of the game design, only screenshots and talk about your progress programming. 
Posted December 30, 2010 11:50:13 AM
Spilt Cola on PC "One shot for you, one for me... does it work? No? OK, one shot for you, and one for me..." 
Posted December 29, 2010 5:07:50 PM
Linux use and development, finally... Quote:Original post by Wan Although the word app (or application for that matter) doesn't have a very strict definition, I would argue that the opposite it true for most cases. Quote:Original post by d000hg - Many apps aren't suited for web-apps (... 
Posted December 29, 2010 5:04:40 PM
Where to buy eBooks? Having to know the publisher immediately means my search for books is fragmented, which is exactly the problem I want to solve. I wondered if there is anywhere the equivalent of Amazon, selling a massive range of books from multiple publishers in PDF... 
Posted December 29, 2010 4:55:41 PM
View All Replies Made By This User