Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know NightShader...  
Full Name Pascal Stekelenburg, van
Nickname NightShader 
State/Province, Country Zuid-Holland   Netherlands
GD Gathering City The Hague, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.shademusicstudios.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Composer 
Job Description Composer of game, film and media music 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1023  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/16/2004 5:14:35 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Catamaran Racer 2 years ago, 2 participants of the Mondriaan ICT-projectonderwijs Delft (The Netherlands), started the development of a game. This project was made to a succes by lots of initiative, ambition and perseverance. The result can be downloaded for free, f... 
Posted September 17, 2005 8:42:21 PM
Rotation in .ASE? When you export an ASCII model out of 3D Studio Max 6. You'll get an textfile, which we, in our current project, convert to another file. Problem: When you create a plane that faces upward. You'll have a normal XYZ(0, 1, 0). Then, when you rotat... 
Posted June 17, 2004 2:46:34 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Please Help Me With Unreal Textures. Create a new channel called "Alpha" Paint the parts that need to be transparent black. (or white, not sure ;))  
Posted June 9, 2005 8:18:05 AM
ISO, symphony of voice, demo samples I've just made a new song last Saturday using the Voices of the Apocalypse library. This piece uses the male voices http://www.liquidgamestudios.com/temp/Assassin%20Theme.mp3 Here's another piece using the female voices http://www.liquidgames... 
Posted April 25, 2005 8:47:57 AM
How to pick only positive number in random in C Looks like exactly what I meant ^_^.. 
Posted April 8, 2005 4:06:58 AM
Drawing Stars Maybe you should have a look at "Freelancer". a game from Microsoft. It has a multiple large system which you can warp to. It also has a lot of planets, so you could take a look if you can figure out how they made it. The way I see it while playi... 
Posted April 8, 2005 3:44:44 AM
How to pick only positive number in random in C I would: 1. Count the "true" variables. 2. Randomly generate a value between 1 and the total "true" variables at #1. 3. Picking the variable that is randomly generated at #2 You could do this in For-loops.. but as an optimalization you could... 
Posted April 8, 2005 3:35:03 AM
Setting RotationY depending on two coodinates You could make the planet and Stargate as one object. But that's maybe not what you want. You can use one matrix if you make the Stargate's pivot in the center of the planet. But maybe that's not what you want either... But at least I... 
Posted February 11, 2005 2:53:26 AM
Music needed for my game I'm a composer. You can listen to some examples here. http://www.liquidgamestudios.com/music/Imperial%20Guards%20-%20Conquer.mp3 http://www.liquidgamestudios.com/music/MajidFight.mp3 Or take a look at my website. You can contact me throu... 
Posted February 10, 2005 8:43:53 AM
SDK 9.0b & rutime 9.0c problems? Uhm... I don't really understand what you're trying to ask? There should be no problems using DirectX9.0c instead of 9.0b, at all. There might be if you go from DirectX9.0c to 9.0b. But what is your question really? (btw, you can order the... 
Posted February 4, 2005 7:49:34 AM
How to play XM with BASS? Don't you have documentation of that library? 
Posted February 4, 2005 7:41:14 AM
Collision, now what? Inverting speed almost works the same. Only you will lose the distance that the collided object went through the other object... but hence, that's why I said it's a 'temporary' solution. (Just to test if the collision detection works just fine) ... 
Posted February 4, 2005 7:06:10 AM
View All Replies Made By This User