Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know jnuccio...  
Full Name  
Nickname jnuccio 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/20/2004 3:47:09 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Physics Question - Friction I'm writing a simple program to model the physics of a ball rolling around on a flat surface with friction. Basically what I need are some details on how to translate a torque on the ball into linear and angular motion. Here's where... 
Posted March 24, 2005 7:59:59 PM
Using struct and array uniform variables in HLSL I'm writing a per-fragment lighting shader in HLSL and I'd like to use user-defined structures and arrays as uniform variables as in the following: // fragment shader code /* input/output vertex structures snipped */ struct LightSource... 
Posted August 19, 2004 7:55:16 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Physics Question - Friction Quote: I am all about understanding things as much as you realistically can (which also includes knowing where it is appropriate to just make assumptions). Ditto. I hate using things "black-box" (except for a few cases *cough* quarternions *coug... 
Posted March 30, 2005 2:44:21 PM
Physics Question - Friction I didn't like the O'Reilly book either. I've read "Beginning Math and Physics for Game Developers" (pretty basic but got me started), chapters from "Mathematics for Game Developers" (integrated more of the calculus, worth reading), and web resources... 
Posted March 30, 2005 1:36:14 PM
Physics Question - Friction Quote: Ack, this is kind of a pain in the ass and it's been posted on gamedev before. Try finding it online, look for 'coefficient of restitution'. The coefficient of restitution is a number between zero and one which represents the r... 
Posted March 29, 2005 8:21:18 PM
Torque game engine Check out Cloudburst in the GDS section for a nice display of the Torque2D engine. Jason 
Posted March 29, 2005 5:23:33 PM
Interesting Performance Questions I learned about blending the hard way as well :) ... Quote: 1. locking more verticies than I need *as i am now doing (the whole buffer)* is bad, since at the very worst is creating a buffer to hold that many, and doing a needlessly large copy ope... 
Posted March 25, 2005 4:11:53 PM
MyFirstAttempt::Tetris(includingSource, clone(1000^1000)) When I did my Tetris clone I tried the same thing (i.e. just copy-rotating the piece array), but the problem is that most of the Tetris blocks in a 4x4 grid don't rotate evenly about a central axis, even if you move them to the center. The solution... 
Posted March 25, 2005 2:25:53 PM
Interesting Performance Questions I think the front-to-back approach would be fine, but don't forget about your blending. You said the engine uses only quads, so I'm guessing you're using texture alpha to mark off "no-draw" areas of the sprite. If this is the case you probabl... 
Posted March 25, 2005 1:58:18 PM
Motion Blur shader I don't know if this is sufficient for your needs, but you can also simulate a "fake" motion blur (i.e. not using the actual geometry of the model you're blurring) with other tricks. For example in my last game I just used a motion blur texture, mod... 
Posted March 25, 2005 1:39:46 PM
NEED HELP - Third-Person Camera ??? I just remembered, there are several OpenGL camera tutorials over at http://www.gametutorials.com. Jason 
Posted March 25, 2005 1:32:09 PM
Inhertance question If you have a variable of type Base* (or Sprite*, in your case), you may only access methods that are defined in Base. The reason is that a Base* variable may point to an object of type Base or any other class derived from Base, and the compile... 
Posted March 24, 2005 10:51:30 PM
View All Replies Made By This User