Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know spinningcube...  
Full Name Pablo de Heras Ciechomski
Nickname spinningcube 
State/Province, Country Lausanne
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.sciencevisuals.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Founder, R&D 
Job Description 3D graphics programming, code optimization 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1024  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/22/2007 10:26:19 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Ray Tracing Life Science These three images are screen shots from a movie we've done for professor Patrick C. Fraering at the EPFL in Lausanne, to better understand the functioning and dynamics of the peptide beta amyloid. A hypothesis is that it is the primary cause of Alzh... 
Posted June 29, 2009 3:37:40 PM
Slicing and dicing a mesh Hi! I want to slice a mesh so that I have two planes cutting the mesh and only what is between the planes should be visible. Also the interior volume of the mesh must be visible. I have had a look at opengl clip planes and they are a start... 
Posted October 22, 2007 10:40:20 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Is "Real-Time Rendering, A.-Moller et. al." a good reference? Yes. 
Posted January 6, 2011 11:26:03 AM
What's a "Scene Graph"? Quote:Original post by Narf the Mouse I've heard them being mentioned as a way to organize your scenes and I suspect I may have coded one in my engine, but I really don't actually know what they are or what they do. So - Enlightenment, pleas... 
Posted January 6, 2011 8:22:46 AM
Marching cubes, Octree, and LOD seams Quote:Original post by c_olin What about physics? I will need to have localized areas where objects can interact with the terrain. Wouldn't those areas have to be polygonized for the physics system? Nope, no need as you can as well there shoot... 
Posted January 5, 2011 10:30:32 PM
Marching cubes, Octree, and LOD seams Quote:Original post by c_olin Quote:Original post by spinningcube I still think you can use a ray-marching approach but limit yourself to a low resolution, then scale this resolution up to fit the rest of your scene (like the tree or players etc...... 
Posted January 5, 2011 9:52:08 PM
Marching cubes, Octree, and LOD seams Quote:Original post by c_olin I would love to have a clean solution like ray-tracing but I don't think it is possible for what I'm attempting to achieve. And also the screenshot I showed above has the detail set low in order to make the cracks mo... 
Posted January 5, 2011 8:23:33 PM
Is there any way for extremely efficient collission detection.? Quote:Original post by GMA965_X3100 @spinningcube Your username is the answer to all our scientific / computer issues. That and the triangle. Hehe :-) It's a nikname I got in high school as I wasn't interested in database programming, only... 
Posted January 5, 2011 6:51:33 PM
Is there any way for extremely efficient collission detection.? Quote:Original post by GMA965_X3100 I think I might have came up with an extremely simple solution. This involves sphere bounded method though. Simple, but if moulded and ingeniously implemented, deep calculus II is avoided. Lol, a simple thin... 
Posted January 5, 2011 5:16:30 PM
Marching cubes, Octree, and LOD seams Quote:Original post by swiftcoder Quote:Original post by spinningcube Why not use the mathematical description (force field) of the landscape directly and raytrace or ray-march it? Your graphical detail would go up a 1000-fold and you could even ma... 
Posted January 5, 2011 4:39:33 PM
Marching cubes, Octree, and LOD seams Why not use the mathematical description (force field) of the landscape directly and raytrace or ray-march it? Your graphical detail would go up a 1000-fold and you could even make it dynamic. Polygons are so oldschool... ;-)  
Posted January 5, 2011 12:21:39 PM
Is there any way for extremely efficient collission detection.? Quote:Original post by Krypt0n Quote:Original post by spinningcube Option a) is pretty simple so I start with that. If you have objects that number in the hundreds of thousands it makes sense to build an acceleration structure for spatial queries s... 
Posted January 5, 2011 8:42:08 AM
View All Replies Made By This User