Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Spodi...  
Full Name  
Nickname Spodi 
State/Province, Country WA   United States
GD Gathering City Kirkland, WA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.vbgore.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID Spodii 
Yahoo IM ID Spodii 
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1350  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/26/2006 8:05:05 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
vbGORE MMORPG engine v1.0.0 Sorry for the cropped down images, had a hard time keeping below 300 KB. ;) vbGORE is an open source, free MMORPG engine developed in Visual Basic 6 that has been in heavy development for over a year. It supports multiple connections with great sp... 
Posted May 14, 2007 9:23:50 AM
NetGore - Online RPG engine Website: www.netgore.com NetGore is a free, open-source, cross-platform online RPG engine written in C#. It focuses on 2D games and is targeted towards indy and small-time developers looking to build their own online RPG. Both top-d... 
Posted October 15, 2010 2:08:50 PM
NetGore - C# online RPG engine NetGore is a free, open-source 2D online RPG engine written in C# that has been in development for about 2 years now. (View all images) Purpose: The idea behind NetGore is to provide a strong foundation to build a game off of, and... 
Posted January 25, 2010 1:20:30 AM
Exceptions in custom TypeConverter with PropertyGrid I wrote a TypeConverter to handle a custom type of mine, which is basically just a specialized Int32. The TypeConverter works just fine, but the problem is that any Exception I throw (or gets thrown) during the conversion process (namely in the Conve... 
Posted July 24, 2009 12:03:08 AM
Game server and database communication Up until now, I have just used a single connection to my database (MySQL) for all my transactions. I tried to organize a way to queue transactions by marking which transactions would be dependent on other transactions, but it just became a big c... 
Posted February 17, 2009 9:35:04 PM
Take part in developing a multiplayer RPG If you are an intermediate programmer interested in taking part in developing an online game (and the engine to go with it), I have a project you may be interested in. I am looking for a small group who I can "take under my wing" and teach what... 
Posted February 8, 2009 7:12:15 PM
About JIT compiling The why is C++... overused? thread spawned what I thought was is a far more interesting topic, JITting. As Antheus stated, it is not doing anywhere near as much as the hype leads you to believe. I'm sure many of us understand the idea behind JITting,... 
Posted October 5, 2008 3:03:38 PM
Land of Aston - Free online RPG Land of Aston is a free to play online RPG with a very old-school feel and style. It may not be the prettiest looking game, but it is definitely different from most out there. It does have a bit of a learning curve, but nothing too... 
Posted September 14, 2008 8:51:08 PM
Cuil search engine Seems there is a new search engine, Cuil.com, that is trying to build up a hype and trying to be a "Google-killer". I just heard about it a bit ago on CNN - they tried it, and it didn't work. So I tried it for myself, and it doesn't work. I've s... 
Posted July 28, 2008 3:30:11 PM
Building a workstation PC I was looking for input on a computer I am helping my dad build. Before anything, I want to stress that this is a workstation PC. No games. The big and most performance-demanding application he uses is AutoCAD (he's a structural engineer), so th... 
Posted August 1, 2008 5:16:02 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Which Language and Game Engine For Online RPG .NET can run on Linux and Mac via Mono. I personally use C# and SFML to make my C# MORPG engine cross-platform. 
Posted December 23, 2010 7:01:32 PM
NetGore - Online RPG engine Version 0.3.5 has been released. Quote:Version change log This release mostly contains bug fixes and design improvements, both in the database and in code. - Many database tables now use auto_increment instead of the next free ID. Tables tha... 
Posted December 16, 2010 7:14:14 PM
Should MMORPGs use encryption? Using encryption is fine, and something I'd definitely recommend. Though use it with the intention of obfuscation, and don't ever rely on it actually hiding anything. From all standpoints of the development, you should continue to assume your me... 
Posted November 29, 2010 4:34:17 PM
NetGore - Online RPG engine Version 0.3.4 has been released. 
Posted November 24, 2010 3:40:02 PM
NetGore - Online RPG engine Version 0.3.3 released, and the size of the download has been shrunk significantly (to ~3.5 MB) to make it easier to quickly check out. [Edited by - Spodi on November 24, 2010 2:42:23 PM] 
Posted November 10, 2010 7:42:06 PM
NetGore - Online RPG engine Version 0.3.2 has been released. :) [Edited by - Spodi on November 24, 2010 2:27:30 PM] 
Posted November 2, 2010 2:27:44 AM
Custom Control Accessing Native DLLs Override the OnPaint() and OnPaintBackground() methods. I too have a custom control in my project that provides a container for OpenGL rendering (using SFML). If you want to check out how mine looks: http://code.google.com/p/netgore/sou... 
Posted October 9, 2010 7:13:54 PM
Custom Control Accessing Native DLLs Do keep in mind that DesignMode will always be false during the constructor. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34664/designmode-with-controls If that doesn't help, try just removing some pieces bit-by-bit if you can to see when it stops crashi... 
Posted October 9, 2010 2:57:49 PM
Server/client shared source files I personally go with the shared library approach. My solution is comprised of (where DemoGame is for the game, and NetGore is the engine): - DemoGame [Used by all DemoGame.*] - DemoGame.Client - DemoGame.Editor - DemoGame.Server - NetGore [Use... 
Posted October 9, 2010 2:44:59 PM
[C#] Delegates, events and memory allocation (garbage generation). I just like to think of it as, whenever you are passing a method to somewhere a delegate should be (which includes events), just imagine a "new" is in there. Basically, that is how it ends up. "Does adding methods to delegate instance allocate mem... 
Posted October 9, 2010 5:23:25 AM
View All Replies Made By This User