Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know GraphicsBas...  
Full Name Bas  Zalmstra
Nickname GraphicsBas 
State/Province, Country Utrecht   Netherlands
GD Gathering City Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands
Contact Info
Homepage URL bassie-entertainment.nl 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Student 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1019  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/12/2004 5:32:17 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
SSE in .NET I know that C# doesn't nativly support SSE SIMD instructions. C++ however does. What if a person was to implement a wrapper to do SSE instructions in managed c++. You'd be able to use SSE instructions. 2 options: Wrap SSE instructions: Create an... 
Posted August 8, 2008 6:37:45 AM
Faked dynamicly animated water Hey there, I have a question regarding the implementation of a very big lake. I'm trying to create a rather large water surface. Water is only reflective (not refractive.) I am moving rowing boats over this water plane. With all settings &... 
Posted June 20, 2008 5:39:07 PM
High dynamic range depth of field After doing some stuff with HDR I wanted to experiment with Depth Of Field. When I got that working I thought by myself: "Lets combine the two". GBS 
Posted April 23, 2007 11:54:26 PM
Fast Depth of Field Rendering with Surface Splatting Im currently working on getting Depth of Field to work. I found a great paper from ATI and implemented this. But I soon found that a problem occures when using transparent objects. For instance, you have a window and behind it is a box. When foc... 
Posted April 19, 2007 3:46:09 AM
3D Studio max Fur artifacts I have a problem with fur rendering. I made a small grass plane. A character is in front of the grass. The camera starts between the two. You see the back of the character. Then the camera starts rotating around the character. When the grass is almos... 
Posted March 21, 2007 4:09:21 PM
LoadLibrary fails My test application called TestApp.exe loads a dll named Engine.dll. Engine.dll is load-time linked. TestApp calls the function CreateRenderDevice. This function in Engine.dll on his turn loads a dll called D3DRenderer.dll with LoadLibrary. Eve... 
Posted February 27, 2007 9:40:49 AM
Application "Real Time Rendering of Atmospheric Scattering Effects for.."? I read the artical "Real Time Rendering of Atmospheric Scattering Effects for flight simulators" written by Nielsen. At the bottom of the paper he is gives some information on the application provided with the book/paper. I could never find th... 
Posted September 21, 2006 7:52:14 AM
for Applications, not games Hey all, My professor gave us this assignment; Create a game using Microsoft Access 2003. I had never programmed in Visual Basic nor Visual Basic for Applications so I started learning. I got it all under control now, but then I dived into creatin... 
Posted January 19, 2006 3:43:45 PM
What are you ? NVidia or ATI person? Lately I noticed people getting devided into 2(or more) groups. ATI people and NVIDIA people. Wat the difference is? ATI people love ATI games, software, hardware, development etc. and NVIDIA people go for NVIDIA stuff. I found out that someone or... 
Posted November 19, 2005 11:25:34 AM
D3DFMT_R8G8B8 texture format error.. I'm creating a texture,in dx9, with the standard call CreateTexture. It all works fine until I set the 24 bits format D3DFMT_R8G8B8. It seems that I just can't create 24 bits textures? (ogre works fine with PF_R8B8G8) I've got a Geforce FX5200.. ... 
Posted October 14, 2005 2:53:44 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
D3DXVec3Normalize link error Did you reference the lib file? Not only do you have to specify where they are you also have to reference them in your project under linker settings. The function call is the only things your using that is really inside the library. The... 
Posted December 19, 2010 4:09:40 AM
boost library problem Are you building for unicode? It in the general option pane of your project. If so you should use the int main(int argc, wchar_t **argv) signature instead or change the character set to multibyte. Also what is the END_OF_MAIN() macro and the end o... 
Posted November 17, 2009 9:23:30 AM
boost library problem Did you create a console project or a windows application? If your are building a windows application your entry point is the WinMain method. You can check it out under the linker->system options. 
Posted November 17, 2009 8:59:59 AM
boost library problem main should be int main(int argc, char ** argv) if your compiling with multibyte character set, use wchar_t if your compiling with unicode character set. 
Posted November 17, 2009 8:27:45 AM
light calculation for height map terrains Quote:and PRT sounds familiar.. wasn't it the technique that one of Direct3D SDK's (uh I used the d word in opengl forum :P) example implementing. (on a yellow bat as far as I can remember) it was looking good too. (or was it deformable PRT?) T... 
Posted April 5, 2009 4:39:55 AM
my c++ exercise The problem is that an integer is a natural number. You should use the floats instead. Also as already pointed out by someone else, the ^ operator is a XOR operator and not a power operator. The error you were getting probably states that you can't u... 
Posted April 5, 2009 4:07:35 AM
light calculation for height map terrains You could also look into PRT(Precomputed radius transfer) lighting. It does allow lights to move, but your mesh has to remain static. A similar technique is used in Unreal engine 3. ;] Gr, Bas [Edited by - GraphicsBas on April 5, 2009 3:50:53... 
Posted April 3, 2009 12:50:53 PM
HDR Experience Wow, hard to see something,. Maybe post some higher res images? 
Posted March 10, 2009 5:45:59 AM
Problem using multiple render targets for deferred shading Maybe if you set color as RT0, normals as RT1 and depth as RT2? 
Posted January 25, 2009 6:49:05 PM
Double not operator? (!!) Quote:Original post by Sc4Freak void Foo(int x, int y) { if(!!x ^ !!y) { // x is nonzero and y is zero, or y is nonzero and x is zero } } Well dropping the !! there makes much more sense to me, as it's just a regular XOR... 
Posted January 15, 2009 6:02:27 AM
View All Replies Made By This User