Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know ajm113...  
Full Name  
Nickname ajm113 
State/Province, Country AZ   United States
GD Gathering City Scottsdale, AZ, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.bombinaid.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Jr. Programmer 
Job Description Programmer 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 922  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/20/2006 10:28:18 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Converting Pixel Format from Win32 to wxWidgets Hello I'm trying to enable my wxGLCanvas to have alpha channel in it to allow me to create transparent images that I can save on my machine from a frame drawn in my software here is my pixel format from Win32 I use that works perfect for my need... 
Posted January 6, 2011 11:25:52 PM
wxWidgets and Windows API in the same project? [C++, Cross Platform] Hello all I have source at the moment is running pure Windows API. I plan on cross platform my software on my MacBook which has Xcode Installed and yes, I do know there is no option called Convert Visual Studio to Xcode menu button anywhere... 
Posted January 2, 2011 6:01:52 PM
Open File Dialog Hacking Questions [Win32, C++] Hello I have a few questions about the Open file dialog you can make in Win32. My first question is: Is it possible to speed up loading? It seems like it takes 3-4 seconds to appear when I call it. My second question is, is it possible to chance... 
Posted December 23, 2010 5:13:56 PM
See Through Polygons With a Texture? I was wondering if I'm able to use transparent images with a white shape in them to see through other polygons in the screen. Here is an example: Lets say I draw a quad over 3 other quads. Those 3 other quads have textures on them that I wa... 
Posted December 21, 2010 3:20:05 PM
More Ram or Get a Cooling System? Hello all, I just got my paycheck and I think my PC should deserve a little upgrade. I'm trying to figure out which to upgrade or fix up first. Here are my system specs: Windows 7 64 bit Ram 2.0 AMD Athlon II x3 440 Processor Rating 5.5 (If... 
Posted December 12, 2010 2:00:33 PM
Crash Report System? Hello all, I know the try and catch method can be used to catch maybe something like a std exception, but do programmers that make Fire Fox or say Google Chrome use the try and catch as much as possible to create a crash report system? How does a cra... 
Posted November 29, 2010 7:58:21 PM
Ubuntu Server Edition vs Windows XP I've got my first computer I want to use as for server services only and I want to use to too host my files/games/etc. but I also want to sell my hosting services too for fun and to make a few extra bucks. (5 bucks a month kinda thing) So I ge... 
Posted November 27, 2010 12:27:14 AM
Moving a Value To The Tenth Places In a Float? Hello, I know this question might sound a bit silly, but I would like to take a value such as "150" and make it into a value like "0.150" so it's lower then 1.0. What I'm Trying To Do: I'm trying to UV map a quad with a power of two texture to s... 
Posted November 25, 2010 8:56:44 PM
Calling Win32 function like commands in Java using Mac OSX? Hello I'm a Java and Mac OSX newbie and I'v had plenty of experience working with Win32 with C++ on Visual Studio 2008 (Those where such happy times). For right now I'm stuck with my MacBook and I tried working with g++ and tried installing GTK+... 
Posted November 15, 2010 1:52:30 PM
RTT Using a Transparent Background? Hello all I'm having some issues rendering transparent RTT(Render To Texture). I have no problem doing RTT if the frame I'm storing as an image isn't using a transparent background, but when I do the resulting image from the frame I render in Ope... 
Posted November 1, 2010 5:04:37 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
wxWidgets and Windows API in the same project? [C++, Cross Platform] Well I thought while I port to wxWidgets I can still work under windows API with out having to duplicate code and still being able to multi task with other things with out having 2 projects open at the sometime, but if it's not possible it's no big d... 
Posted January 4, 2011 5:50:43 PM
See Through Polygons With a Texture? I think it's pretty useful, but what function do I use the drop down for Display? I tried Google, but I can't find anything on those words with Google that show up a function that uses that. 
Posted December 23, 2010 11:12:46 PM
See Through Polygons With a Texture? I see, I'll have to play around with this then and see what I can get. Also is there some sort of OpenGL program I can use to play around with BlendFunc or maybe play with the draw order of polygons? I do remember playing with a OpenGL tool that a... 
Posted December 23, 2010 7:00:01 PM
Ocean Shader yeah I agree, the shader could use some more work. The water does look realistic here and their, but I think the colors should be smoothed out and seem to have less of a noise factor going on. 
Posted December 19, 2010 5:49:08 PM
More Ram or Get a Cooling System? It does restart on it's own at times when I play a game and I'm not sure if a blue screen of death has anything to do with it, but it did happen at times when I play a high end game. I also looked at Speed Fan and see my GPU temp going more t... 
Posted December 12, 2010 3:31:15 PM
Ubuntu Server Edition vs Windows XP Well this would be more like a small website hosting company or a personal hosting. People I know in person kind of setup. Example: family owned businesses, friends who want their own website or private ftp server and with no high restrictions or a s... 
Posted November 27, 2010 1:52:57 PM
Moving a Value To The Tenth Places In a Float? Quote: I'm trying to UV map a quad with a power of two texture to scale down to the image in the texture thats smaller then the texture it's self so I don't have to use the non power of two texture extension in OpenGL. So the value must be lower the... 
Posted November 25, 2010 9:07:43 PM
Water physics in GTA-style game Well when dealing with a large world of water, I would recommend setting up a octree system or BSP tree system with your physics engine depending if your making it from scratch or if your using a premade one. Don't take it as me trying to be... 
Posted November 7, 2010 12:49:33 AM
RTT Using a Transparent Background? This is a test post without code. Wow it works now! :) Here is my code: My Frame Save Code Here is my question: Quote: Hello all I'm having some issues rendering transparent RTT(Render To Texture) background images. I have no problem do... 
Posted November 3, 2010 4:07:46 PM
OpenGL Threads I Start Cause Connection Lockups on GameDev.net Can someone please give me a email or a username to someone who I can contact to look at this please? [Edited by - ajm113 on November 2, 2010 11:22:14 PM] 
Posted November 3, 2010 12:22:26 AM
View All Replies Made By This User