Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know bakery2k1...  
Full Name Paul Baker
Nickname bakery2k1 
State/Province, Country Unknown Region   New Zealand
GD Gathering City Auckland, Unknown Region, New Zealand
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.paulsprojects.net 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1408  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/24/2001 6:37:43 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
A few days in Vancouver The main disadvantage of being British and living in New Zealand is the long flight required to visit friends and family. An upside of this, however, is the ability to stop over en-route with no cost increase over flying "direct" - allowing cheap ove... 
Posted July 24, 2009 7:24:50 AM
[SlimDX] Regression in BaseEffect.SetValue? I'm updating a DX9 project of mine which was originally built against the November 2007 version of SlimDX to use the latest (November 2008) release. I was pleased with how straightforward it was to obtain a successful build, however once that wa... 
Posted December 11, 2008 9:44:19 AM
Types of Software Testing Unit testing is the testing of a single "module" within a program, for example a single class. At the other extreme, I see system testing defined as the testing of an entire system, or of "behavior which is a property of an entire system". How wo... 
Posted August 6, 2008 4:38:01 PM
Can anyone recommend a simple bug tracker? I have several hand-written lists of bugs and features that I need to fix/implement in my current project. I feel I could do with something a little more formal and a little easier to keep track of than scraps of paper. So, does anyone know of a s... 
Posted May 1, 2008 10:05:32 PM
Metaballs II, from paulsprojects.net Metaballs II renders "blobby objects" by using the "Marching Cubes" algorithm to extract an isosurface from a scalar field. High performance was a priority for Metaballs II; compared to my previous work on metaballs it features a 6x speed imp... 
Posted February 1, 2008 3:32:10 PM
Metaballs II - New Graphical Demo at paulsprojects.net I have uploaded a new demo to my website: Metaballs II renders "blobby objects" by using the "Marching Cubes" algorithm to extract an isosurface from a scalar field. Compared to my previous work on metaballs, Metaballs II features impr... 
Posted January 26, 2008 4:39:21 AM
Problems accessing journal archives I seem to be experiencing a couple of problems when going through people's journal archives. Firstly, there seems to be a problem accessing very old entries. Consider the archive on this journal - it goes back to January 2005. However, if... 
Posted November 23, 2007 7:23:48 AM
[SlimDX] How do I use a HLSL vertex shader with SlimDX? I have a simple HLSL vertex shader that I'd like to use in my current project, in place of my current use of the fixed function pipeline. In order to figure out how to use it I've looked at one of the unmanaged SDK samples, which uses:D3DXCompil... 
Posted November 19, 2007 4:55:32 AM
Untitled . [Edited by - bakery2k1 on May 5, 2008 5:20:54 AM] 
Posted November 8, 2007 8:56:45 PM
Reference to a value type in C# Is it possible in C# to get a reference to an object of a value type? Consider the code: struct S {...} S s1[] = new S[10]; S s2[] = new S[10]; ... int i = ... //0 <= i < 20 S s = (i < 10) ? s1[i] : s2[i - 10]; //Do somet... 
Posted September 24, 2007 6:33:41 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
[SlimDX] Regression in BaseEffect.SetValue? Quote:Original post by Mike.Popoloski If you would be so kind as to file an issue on our issues page, I'll be sure to get a look at it soon. Done (#382). Quote: Also, your use of vectors as matrix rows made me think to add some construct... 
Posted December 16, 2008 3:16:51 PM
Types of Software Testing Quote:Original post by stonemetal List of types of tests in order of increasing size: unit: smallest unit that can be tested separately. integration: test units working together. systems: Full up app testing. Thanks, that agrees with what I've... 
Posted August 7, 2008 5:38:06 AM
Can anyone recommend a simple bug tracker? Thanks everyone, I considered all of the suggestions here plus a few others and eventually decided on Trac. It is very customisable and I have been able to set it up to closely match my way of working. It's also nice to have support for Subversi... 
Posted May 11, 2008 12:15:33 AM
Compiler can't #include dmusici.h The August 2007 DirectX SDK (which can be downloaded here) was "the final release of the DirectX SDK that will contain the following components: DirectMusic". 
Posted May 4, 2008 7:47:32 AM
I hate vc++ 2008 ! [resolved!] You can either copy the folder or just the files within. Copying the files themselves may even be preferable, since that will allow them to be found on Windows 2000 systems. However, if you are going to copy the contents of the folder, make s... 
Posted May 3, 2008 6:25:27 AM
What are the DirectX 10 API's, and what did they replace? Quote:Original post by Demirug If you already have Vista and the DirectX SDK you can just try one of the Direct3D 10 samples. If it run not slow (Reference Rasterizer) you hardware is compatible. All of the Direct3D 10 samples from the lates... 
Posted April 18, 2008 10:11:26 PM
What are the DirectX 10 API's, and what did they replace? Quote:Original post by Demirug Direct3D 10 needs compatible hardware and Windows Vista. Is there an easy way to find out whether my hardware supports Direct3D 10? 
Posted April 17, 2008 6:33:22 PM
Running MDX9 Application under Vista 64Bit I assume you are building your project using the "Any CPU" platform in Visual Studio? If so, this will cause your application to load into the 32-bit CLR on a 32-bit machine, and the 64-bit CLR on a 64-bit machine. On a 64-bit machine yo... 
Posted March 16, 2008 8:11:06 PM
using SDL with visual c++ 2008 Quote:Original post by agm_ultimatex I don't see the c/c++ folder in the properties to change the Runtime Library. The "C/C++" "folder" will only appear once you have added a C or C++ source file to the project. 
Posted March 9, 2008 2:57:29 PM
[SlimDX] Compilation error when compiling from source Quote:Original post by dingojohn so I added [SDK installation directory]/include to the directories to look in. Problem solved. Did you add this directory above or below the other include directories? It needs to be at the top of the list. Thi... 
Posted February 28, 2008 11:29:28 AM
View All Replies Made By This User